Page 175 of 210 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 5243
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone in this video, both sides and the police, are huge pussies.
    Idiocracy. Just look at 21's posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiocracy. Just look at 21's posts.
    Indeed buddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have naturally occurring populations of really any ruminants. This is what I'm asking you. After we kill all the cows do we let these populations return to natural levels? There's going to be a lot of open grasslands so what do we do?
    i'm willing to draw the line at "farmed for our use."

i dont know exactly how many cows there would be independent of farming efforts. but there sure as wouldn't be 90 million. if you're so peeved over the terms "artificial" and "natural" in this context, then fine, we can change the words. but you're not stupid enough to not understand what the point is

I'll admit that I'm pleased to see "Stop cow farts and become vegans" turning into a legit battle cry from your side but you shouldn't be so illusive when people ask "then what?".
    i dont think we should become vegan. i love beef. burgers are tasty. to me, the most delicious meal is a good ribeye steak. but i'm good with cutting the supply substantially and having a lot less of it. makes sense from both health and environmental perspectives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think we should become vegan. i love beef. burgers are tasty. to me, the most delicious meal is a good ribeye steak. but i'm good with cutting the supply substantially and having a lot less of it. makes sense from both health and environmental perspectives
    you want people to be more healthy? cutting meat isn't the angle i'd take but whatever. i'd get rid of all the sugar in our diets like soda, candy, etc... i'd lay claim that all that is what's making our obesity ordeal get bigger, no pun intended.

a friend of my mothers used to drink a 3 liter or more a day of diet coke-cola and he was on the verge of diabetes which led him to cut back drastically on the soda. i think he went from 3 liters or more a day to about 1 can/bottle. the dude dropped weight like crazy and slimmed down so much i wouldn't had recognized him on the street had i not seen his progression. well, he didn't last long without high levels of sugar and went back to his old ways ballooning back into obesity. (sugar wasn't his only problem so don't assume i am claiming he got big strictly from sugar)

sugar is one of the worst things we intake tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you want people to be more healthy? cutting meat isn't the angle i'd take but whatever. i'd get rid of all the sugar in our diets like soda, candy, etc... i'd lay claim that all that is what's making our obesity ordeal get bigger, no pun intended.

a friend of my mothers used to drink a 3 liter or more a day of diet coke-cola and he was on the verge of diabetes which led him to cut back drastically on the soda. i think he went from 3 liters or more a day to about 1 can/bottle. the dude dropped weight like crazy and slimmed down so much i wouldn't had recognized him on the street had i not seen his progression. well, he didn't last long without high levels of sugar and went back to his old ways ballooning back into obesity. (sugar wasn't his only problem so don't assume i am claiming he got big strictly from sugar)

sugar is one of the worst things we intake tbh.
    yeah, i completely cut soda out of my regular diet. used to have it daily, or damn well near it. now i only have it if i'm out of the house getting food somewhere, or at the movies, stuff like that. so maybe once every couple of weeks.

i dont think the beef angle should be the primary front on the health issue, but its a pretty good way to hit 2 birds imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i completely cut soda out of my regular diet. used to have it daily, or damn well near it. now i only have it if i'm out of the house getting food somewhere, or at the movies, stuff like that. so maybe once every couple of weeks.

i dont think the beef angle should be the primary front on the health issue, but its a pretty good way to hit 2 birds imo
    i'm not saying we shouldn't incorporate more greens into our diets and less meat(beef specifically) but i suppose i am more of an avid advocate against soda and sugar in general(even though i like sugar ) because it's a silent killer for us all.

good on you for cutting back on the sodas.

i had to cut back when i was a teenager and quit sodas altogether, except sprite/7up, because i used to love dr. pepper too much that it led to my back(kidney's) hurting after just a few sips on dp. it took a while before i realized it was the soda hurting me but once i did i never looked back. i think i quit soda altogether at age 17 or 18. i quit mc donalds at 15 and i mainly eat fish and chicken except for the rare case where i eat a steak which is like once or twice a yr. i'm not necessarily the healthiest of people however i am slowly getting back into working out too.

good convo SR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see: ad hominem on RandomGay's chart
    Score one for tweety bird.

It is entirely rational though, to apply more or less skepticism to claims based on who is making the claim. Alex Jones contributors deserve a great deal of skepticism, if not outright ignoring, based on their track record.

Kind of like most of the twidiots you pimp for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While the denier crowd is attempting to derail the science with cheap shots about cow farts and silly websites, we get to witness the results of adding terajoules of heat energy to the oceans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young People Lead Millions To Protest Global Inaction On Climate Change
    Millions of young people raised their voices at protests around the world Friday in a massive display meant to demand urgent action on climate change. Scores of students missed school to take part, some joined by teachers and parents.

Some of the first rallies began in Australia, and then spread from Pacific islands to India and Turkey and across Europe, as students kicked off what organizers were calling a Global Climate Strike.

In the U.S., where more than 800 marches were planned, thousands of young people are absent from classrooms so they can carry signs, march and shout slogans calling for a new approach to energy and emissions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm not saying we shouldn't incorporate more greens into our diets and less meat(beef specifically) but i suppose i am more of an avid advocate against soda and sugar in general(even though i like sugar ) because it's a silent killer for us all.

good on you for cutting back on the sodas.

i had to cut back when i was a teenager and quit sodas altogether, except sprite/7up, because i used to love dr. pepper too much that it led to my back(kidney's) hurting after just a few sips on dp. it took a while before i realized it was the soda hurting me but once i did i never looked back. i think i quit soda altogether at age 17 or 18. i quit mc donalds at 15 and i mainly eat fish and chicken except for the rare case where i eat a steak which is like once or twice a yr. i'm not necessarily the healthiest of people however i am slowly getting back into working out too.

good convo SR.
    good on you

i never felt the health effects and luckily it never got to that point with me, but my then GF sorta just kept hinting that i should scale it back just out of good sense. better to cut the habit before it becomes a serious problem. so i started making a conscious effort to stop. i was all about Dr Pepper, even the crazy sweet cherry dr pepper.

i haven't "quit" fast food, per se, but lifetsyle doesnt really call for it anymore. sure, in late high school when i had a car, or during college years, i would have fast food pretty regularly. but imo that was more a function of being a student than anything. since finishing school, the only times i get fast food are when driving long distances/traveling. exception is we'd go for in n out every few weeks or so as a treat (none here on the east coast), and every now and again we'll grab chipotle if we dont have the energy to prepare food when we're run out.

i also only have steak once or twice a year. easily my favorite meals of the year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marching and protesting ain't gonna do

the planet is cooked and ed, and there's no way to stop it.

even if the GHG emissions were stopped today, the perfect, unreachable solution, the planet is and will be ed.

GHGases are already in the atmosphere, having been emitted for 150 years of the carbon economy, and Bs of tons still being emitted.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-20-2019 at 05:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good on you

i never felt the health effects and luckily it never got to that point with me, but my then GF sorta just kept hinting that i should scale it back just out of good sense. better to cut the habit before it becomes a serious problem. so i started making a conscious effort to stop. i was all about Dr Pepper, even the crazy sweet cherry dr pepper.

i haven't "quit" fast food, per se, but lifetsyle doesnt really call for it anymore. sure, in late high school when i had a car, or during college years, i would have fast food pretty regularly. but imo that was more a function of being a student than anything. since finishing school, the only times i get fast food are when driving long distances/traveling. exception is we'd go for in n out every few weeks or so as a treat (none here on the east coast), and every now and again we'll grab chipotle if we dont have the energy to prepare food when we're run out.

i also only have steak once or twice a year. easily my favorite meals of the year
    steak once or twice a year really makes you appreciate it more imo.

these days i can't risk most places so i don't eat fast food that often outside of las palapas because i can eat anything made with corn but not flour. my daily routine is usually LP for lunch and then at night a restaurant for fish or chicken. i wish i cooked but i am rarely at my home and am always on the run; plus i waste groceries when i do buy them so i eat out basically every day.

mmm cherry dr pepper! ugh i miss dp cherry or not. i don't even remember what it tastes like these days however i do remember how much i used to love drinking it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While the denier crowd is attempting to derail the science with cheap shots about cow farts and silly websites, we get to witness the results of adding terajoules of heat energy to the oceans.

^This is called "weather"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^This is called "weather"
    which is influenced by the climate.

its not like ice ages have been a coincidence where it just happens to be really cold for many consecutive days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which is influenced by the climate.

its not like ice ages have been a coincidence where it just happens to be really cold for many consecutive days

Good point. All ice ages (which are major climate changes) were a result of natural climate variability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. All ice ages (which are major climate changes) were a result of natural climate variability.
    yes. and because the climate has previously changed due to non-artificial factors, that means artificial factors can never ever play a role ever

also, back in the day, people would die of natural causes all the time, so i refuse to believe a car crash has ever been the cause of somebody's death. they must have suddenly died of natural causes simultaneously with impact

seriously, how many times can you repeat this same line? what's next, you gonna tell us all about how there were no SUV's back then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i also refuse to believe that the panama canal was created artificially, as other straits around the world were natural results

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Darrin dragged hard. Will be difficult to whip with a sore ass.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Revokes California's Ability To Make Pollution Rules

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Revokes California's Ability To Make Pollution Rules

... that's far from done, is going to court for years.

CA rules, OK! has served America well for 50 years, saved 100Ks lives from disease and death from automobile pollution.

Trash ing up America, killing people, to satisfy his vengeance against state where Hillary beat his stinky ass 61% to 31%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seriously still don't know why this is a dumb thing to say? Wow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why 10,000 farmers have gotten behind the Green New Deal

A coalition that unites farmers and ranchers behind the Green New Deal hopes to set a new tone for how the agriculture sector relates to policy solutions to address the climate crisis, and ensure farmers have a voice in the debate.

Farmers and Ranchers for the Green New Deal (GND) officially launched on Wednesday with a press conference at the Capitol and a letter to Congress urging members to support the GND resolution.

10,000 farmers and ranchers who want to be part of the conversation as Congress considers how and whether to move forward with the GND.

the essential role of farmers in addressing the climate crisis.

https://grist.org/article/why-10000-farmers-have-gotten-behind-the-green-new-deal/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=beacon

BigOil and Repugs are laughing their asses off. Ain't nobody gonna stop AGW of the anthropocene.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Quite the actor. I wonder who is writing her script?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Quite the actor. I wonder who is writing her script?
    Legit crazy imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you're generally a piece of but calling a 16 year old who doesn't want to live in a ed up world because your generation was a bunch of selfish assholes crazy is low even for you.

Thread Information