Page 171 of 210 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 5238
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qhris triggered by little girl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leak suggests UN agency self-censors on climate crisis after US pressure

International Organization for Migration apparently amends programme do entation to avoid conflict with US ‘political sensitivities’

the US state department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) told the agency do ents related to

programme activities it funds “must not be in conflict with current [US government] political sensitivities”.

Sensitivities
    include the

climate crisis,

sustainable development goals,

the
    global compact for migration and

“anything that seems at odds with the administration’s take on US domestic/foreign issues”, the official wrote in the email.

“Do ents related to programme activities, especially those that will be published online, may require prior review and approval by the donor,” they went on, requesting that colleagues use “discretion” and share relevant do ents “in enough time to make any necessary adjustments in coordination with PRM”.

The email’s author noted that

“PRM is very willing to cut funding in areas that it deems are not in line with US foreign policy objectives”,

and asked that the substance of the email be conveyed by regional coordinators “to all country focal points”.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/sep/11/leak-suggests-un-agency-self-censors-on-climate-crisis-after-us-pressure

Trash, Repugs, oligarchy are blatantly, aggressively FORCES for EVIL and DESTRUCTION

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Global Temperature Rise
    The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit (0.9 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.4 Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with the five warmest years on record taking place since 2010. Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year — from January through September, with the exception of June — were the warmest on record for those respective months. 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warming Oceans
    The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of more than 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969.

-------------------------------------------

The Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets have decreased in mass.
    Data from NASA's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment show Greenland lost an average of 286 billion tons of ice per year between 1993 and 2016, while Antarctica lost about 127 billion tons of ice per year during the same time period. The rate of Antarctica ice mass loss has tripled in the last decade.7

-----------------------------------------------------
    Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere around the world — including in the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska and Africa.8

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Decreased Snow Cover
    Satellite observations reveal that the amount of spring snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere has decreased over the past five decades and that the snow is melting earlier.9

---------------------------------------------------------
    Sea Level Rise
    Global sea level rose about 8 inches in the last century. The rate in the last two decades, however, is nearly double that of the last century and is accelerating slightly every year.10

-------------------------------------------------------

Declining Arctic Sea Ice
    Both the extent and thickness of Arctic sea ice has declined rapidly over the last several decades.11

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Extreme Events
    The number of record high temperature events in the United States has been increasing, while the number of record low temperature events has been decreasing, since 1950. The U.S. has also witnessed increasing numbers of intense rainfall events.12

----------------------------------------------------------

Ocean Acidification
    Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the acidity of surface ocean waters has increased by about 30 percent.13,14 This increase is the result of humans emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and hence more being absorbed into the oceans. The amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by the upper layer of the oceans is increasing by about 2 billion tons per year.15,16

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

The evidence has simply gotten clearer in the 9 years since the beginning of this thread. The planets climate is changing quickly, and no other explanation fits the evidence: We are causing it.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best and most effective way to save our planet is to stop reproducing so much as a species. Educate Muslims blacks and Hispanics to stop popping out so many babies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best and most effective way to save our planet is to stop reproducing so much as a species. Educate Muslims blacks and Hispanics to stop popping out so many babies.
    Nope. We can easily accomodate more people. Technology has made vast strides in the amount of resources needed to support each new person.

The malthusian death spiral has been predicted since the 1700s.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting the kids to do the bidding for a cause is a bit suspect.
    Yes it is their world to inherit, but sticking with the science is the best way imo.
    And because some people dont have a clue how science works in this country... Its really gonna take industry leaders imo.

It would also be advisable to not show the worst case models and then exaggerate them.
    These petroleum nuts think this is like the 70s gas crisis. Or they have no fckn clue that we have already put a large dent into big climate problems like acid rain, upper level ozone depletion (less so but still pretty amazing).
    This one will be tougher though.

I guess putting it off like the deficit is not advisable either as when it gets cold this winter (go figure), everything will be okay again.
    Im not entirely sure how to get through to people who dont really know what is going on. You wont change the granite heads, as they link it to a guy chaining himself to a tree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many conspiracy theorists believe that climate change is a hoax and is used as a manipulation tool for depopulation and to implement a carbon tax via Agenda 30 (formerly known as Agenda 21). To control us.

Even if the conspiracy theories turn out to be true/false doesn't mean we should keep reproducing like rabbits straining our natural resources. Every baby born will potentially require a new car, new phone and new house.

Overpopulation is a taboo subject that most people just like to brush aside. Our demands and consumerism is destroying our planet more than carbon dioxide tbh.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Nope. We can easily accomodate more people. Technology has made vast strides in the amount of resources needed to support each new person.

The malthusian death spiral has been predicted since the 1700s.
    Where does the land and water come from to magically grow all of the non-gmo/organic/free range/grass fed food you desire to feed the world with?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't forget about cow farts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many conspiracy theorists believe

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, methane is a greenhouse gas.
    This is what you meant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where does the land and water come from to magically grow all of the non-gmo/organic/free range/grass fed food you desire to feed the world with?
    I am all for GMOs, sorry. Wrong strawman, liar.

There is plenty of arable land, and water, if we are smarter about how we use both. It will require some serious public works though. Be ready to whine about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another lazy dig. It's like you can't do better, and I have given up a long time ago. Your side likes to rail against Boutons, but whatever you can say about him, he isn't lazy.

We can feed people without animals. Limiting meat consumption will have to be part of it, or at least mitigating the worst effects.

99% of the calories fed into cows vanish. Not really an efficient way to feed people, when one is faced with allocating farmland.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am all for GMOs, sorry. Wrong strawman, liar.

There is plenty of arable land, and water, if we are smarter about how we use both.
    bull

BigAg, BigMeat, BigChem will block all of your bull plans.

GMOs require 100 tons of BigChem poi$on$ (which was ALWAYS the BigChem objective), so will make pollution worse.

Enslavement of agriculture world-wide to annual purchases sterile GMO seeds and their required poisons is the goal of GMO industry.

Many regions of the planet are already water-stressed. Drought is one of the drivers of the Northern Triangle people to USA. Drough started the Syrian civil war.

The increasing demand and consumption of horribly inefficient, pathogenic meat will continue to waste land and water to grow a few pounds of feed to produce 1 pound of meat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    North America Has Lost More Than 1 in 4 Birds in Last 50 Years, New Study Says

For the first time, researchers have estimated the volume of total avian loss in the Western Hemisphere—and it’s not just threatened species that are declining. Many backyard favorites are also losing ground.

https://www.audubon.org/news/north-america-has-lost-more-1-4-birds-last-50-years-new-study-says?ms=digital-eng-social-facebook-x-20190900_fb_link_-_3bb_editorial&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=soci al&utm_campaign=20190900_fb_link_-_3bb_editorial&fbclid=IwAR200cqCUeM9a8simoLp-ecC3VI3VY9jCd1X5hjkMRoxvwCLxEo-sgkimoE

BigAg/BigChem poisons are wiping out insects, so birds and bats are in decline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone's buying into a total scam propped up by a very exploited autistic child.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting the kids to do the bidding for a cause is a bit suspect.
    Yes it is their world to inherit, but sticking with the science is the best way imo.
    listening to kids to dictate how we live... when's the last time you took a kid seriously tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Rothschild Says Climate Change `Past Point of Talking'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince Charles urges action against climate change 'before it is too late'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Pastor: God Wants Humans To Destroy The Environment

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince Charles urges action against climate change 'before it is too late'
    It's Too Late, GAMEOVER

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another lazy dig. It's like you can't do better, and I have given up a long time ago. Your side likes to rail against Boutons, but whatever you can say about him, he isn't lazy.

We can feed people without animals. Limiting meat consumption will have to be part of it, or at least mitigating the worst effects.

99% of the calories fed into cows vanish. Not really an efficient way to feed people, when one is faced with allocating farmland.

that, tbh

You go ahead and go full vegan or start eating bugs, if you're so worried.

I notice that even the most alarmist climate change hucksters dont actually change their personal behavior. Perhaps they aren't actually that worried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Too Late, GAMEOVER
    The Obama's are so worried, they bought oceanfront property in Martha's Vineyard.

Thread Information