Page 186 of 210 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 5238
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I was a climate alarmist. I believed the narrative" - Som Wardner Talks To Gareth Icke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow 2 non climate scientists talking about how its fake. thrilling stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY, Wardner, Icke G F Y

there ain't no ing AGW pejorative "narrative", there's just AGW facts

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ imagine getting triggered by tweets on a forum
    Imagine using only tweets on a forum because you can’t make your own argument.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow 2 non climate scientists talking about how its fake. thrilling stuff.
    Geoengineering my man. Watch the movie "Geostorm." The Zionist Jews in Hollywood didn't just come up with that movie out of their own creative imaginations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geoengineering my man. Watch the movie "Geostorm." The Zionist Jews in Hollywood didn't just come up with that movie out of their own creative imaginations.
    Oh good Lord...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.co2.earth/

CO2 PPM
    May 2020

"Averaged as a whole, the global land and ocean surface temperature for March 2020 was 1.16°C (2.09°F) above the 20th century average of 12.7°C (54.9°F) and the second highest in the 141-year record. Only March 2016 was warmer at 1.31°C (2.36°F). The 10 warmest Marches have all occurred since 1990, with Marches of 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2020 having a global land and ocean surface temperature departure from average above 1.0°C (1.8°F). The March 2020 global land and ocean surface temperature departure tied with February 2020 and December 2015 as the third highest monthly temperature departure from average in the 1,683-month record. Only February and March 2016, when a strong El Niño was present in the tropical Pacific Ocean, had higher temperature departures.

"March 2020 marked the 44th consecutive March and the 423rd consecutive month with temperatures, at least nominally, above the 20th century average. According to NOAA's Climate Prediction Center, ENSO-neutral conditions were present across the tropical Pacific Ocean during March 2020. The March 2020 global land and ocean surface temperature departure from average tied with February 2020 as the highest monthly temperature departure without an El Niño present in the tropical Pacific Ocean. The three highest ENSO neutral temperature departures from average have all occurred in 2020. CPC states that ENSO-neutral is favored during the Northern Hemisphere spring (Southern Hemisphere fall). This forecast focuses on the ocean surface temperature between 5°N and 5°S la ude and 170°W to 120°W longitude, called the Niño 3.4 region.
    CO2 in my birthyear, 1970: 310 or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020 likely to be the warmest year on record globally

While the public's attention is consumed by concern over the global pandemic and protests against social injustices, the chronic condition of climate change continues to escalate. In fact, it's becoming more and more likely that 2020 will be the hottest year globally since records have been kept, dating back to the late 1800s.

Reviews of temperatures for May 2020 have now been reported by four standard-bearer climate data organizations including NASA, NOAA, Berkeley Earth and the European agency Copernicus. The unanimous conclusion: Last month was the warmest May on record globally, with the caveat from NOAA that it was a virtual tie with May 2016.

Climate Denying pseudo-scientists have stopped claiming it isn't getting warmer.

But still can't offer any decent hypothesis that explains the increases.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/warmest...d-2020-likely/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://wattsupwiththat.com/
    Funny is that climate deniers main website... seems to have less and less to say about how the earth isn't warming, and CO2 isn't the driver as time goes on.

Wonder why that is?

As I said, waaaay back, the data will continue to pile up, which it has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very compelling, if accurate

“The air quality scientific community has hypothesized this for at least a decade, but research advances have let us quantify and confirm this notion, over and over,” says Rebecca Saari, an air quality expert who teaches in civil and environmental engineering at the University of Waterloo. “The air quality ‘co-benefits’ are generally so valuable that they exceed the cost of climate action, often many times over.
    Over the next 50 years, keeping to the 2°C pathway would prevent roughly 4.5 million premature deaths, about 3.5 million hospitalizations and emergency room visits, and approximately 300 million lost workdays in the US.”

All that prevented death, illness, and lost productivity adds up to a lot of savings:

The avoided deaths are valued at more than $37 trillion. The avoided health care spending due to reduced hospitalizations and emergency room visits exceeds $37 billion, and the increased labor productivity is valued at more than $75 billion. On average, this amounts to over $700 billion per year in benefits to the US from improved health and labor alone, far more than the cost of the energy transition.

Importantly, many of the benefits can be accessed in the near term. Right now, air pollution leads to almost 250,000 premature deaths a year in the US. Within a decade, aggressive decarbonization could reduce that toll by 40 percent; over 20 years, it could save around 1.4 million American lives that would otherwise be lost to air quality.
    https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...a-china-deaths

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think about he toll being taken on the Chinese and Indian populations. Chinese cities... yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China sets its carbon neutrality target for 2060. It would've been big news in the pre-COVIDening, in a non-election year.

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/natio...e4f95b414.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Chinese leadership, US intransigeance.)

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    https://wattsupwiththat.com/
    Funny is that climate deniers main website... seems to have less and less to say about how the earth isn't warming, and CO2 isn't the driver as time goes on.

Wonder why that is?

As I said, waaaay back, the data will continue to pile up, which it has.

We agree climate change exists. We just aren't going to blindly follow your supposed solutions which sometimes are political and ideological.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We agree climate change exists. We just aren't going to blindly follow your supposed solutions which sometimes are political and ideological.
    Entire world affects climate

US can fix it

Signed - US

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

US wont agree that man made climate change exists.

Signed - US

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China sets its carbon neutrality target for 2060. It would've been big news in the pre-COVIDening, in a non-election year.

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/natio...e4f95b414.html

We only have 12 years left tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We only have 12 years left tho.
    The solution to decades of casual cynicism and and blithe dismissal is more of the same, how imaginative.

TINA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not asking anyone to blindly follow anything.

You are just going to allow yourselves to be manipulated into doing nothing, because that is what benefits the donor class of the right wing.

Lowering CO2 emissions will end up creating jobs, and preventing some very very bad outcomes.

Probably a bit late to avoid a lot of damage, but we still need to try.

People like Darrin saying we shouldnt' do anything are like the idiots who shelter in their beach houses in a hurricane because "never hit us before"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting article about how the rising sea level affects groundwater in Hawaii and s other things up.

Rising groundwater has the potential to debilitate many low-elevation coastal cities worldwide, particularly those constructed on loose material such as sand, gravel, or silt. In the United States alone, 3.7 million people inhabit land at risk of overland flooding linked to sea level rise, and even more will experience inundation once groundwater is taken into account. Even places slightly inland that most people think are immune to inundation could be affected. Buried contaminants may surface. Underground infrastructure—water and sewer pipes, as well as power, gas, and telecommunications lines—that was embedded in soil above the water table (the surface of the groundwater) will become soaked, and cast-iron pipes like the one along Nimitz Highway will corrode. Significant tracts of Honolulu face these risks, yet climate change and adaptation plans laid out by municipal and state governments only hint at addressing them.

Some of the first research linking sea level rise and the coastal water table came out of Honolulu. In 2011, then–graduate student Kolja Rotzoll was monitoring the water depths of wells for his dissertation at the University of Hawai‘i (UH) at Mānoa when he shared with university geologist Chip Fletcher that well-water depth fluctuated with daily tides and large offshore waves. Rotzoll’s data showed this connection in wells as far as five kilometers from the shore in areas that were flat. It struck Fletcher that mounting seas would similarly force the water table to rise. The two quickly published their deductions, which were subsequently harnessed by scientists around the country and world. Further studies indicated that metropolises from northern Europe to Southeast Asia, and in the United States along the eastern seaboard (New York; Washington, DC; Norfolk, Virginia; Miami, Florida) and the San Francisco Bay Area in California, could all be subject to the threats of rising groundwater.
    https://www.hakaimagazine.com/featur...ide-underfoot/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

US can fix it

Signed - US
    You ain't nothing but strawman and bull .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Climate change is real. The cause is debatable. Regardless, we should all try to be good stewards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Climate change is real. The cause is debatable. Regardless, we should all try to be good stewards
    Regardless, you should just keep polishing your both sides cred.

Hats off to you for having the courage to have no specific take while emitting faintly moral exhortation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cause is debatable.
    ing bull , you gullible fool

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing bull , you gullible fool

So you have all the answers? Please tell us in your own words what specifically has changed over the last 150 years that is abnormal relative to the changes the planet has seen over 4 billion years...then explain and quantify how human impact is responsible for that change. Don't give me any links either. Tell me in your own words what you know to be true and understand.

Maybe, just maybe, the cause could be multiple factors in addition to human impact that have contributed to changes in our climate? And if so, how much?

I will admit, I do not know the answers which is why I consider it debatable, but I guess you have all the answers since I am a gullible fool and you are not.

I do not deny humans have had a negative impact on our climate and resources. I am suggesting that there are multiple factors and their levels of contribution in a Spurs political forum, yes, is debatable.

Thread Information