My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Romney

This is scary stupid...70% of Romney's perspective foreign policy cabinet worked for Dubya, supported the war in Iraq and support bombing Iran...

Romney is loath to mention Bush on the campaign trail, for obvious reasons, but today they sound like ideological soul mates on foreign policy. Listening to Romney, you’d never know that Bush left office bogged down by two unpopular wars that cost America dearly in blood and treasure. Of Romney’s forty identified foreign policy advisers, more than 70 percent worked for Bush. Many hail from the neoconservative wing of the party, were enthusiastic backers of the Iraq War and are proponents of a US or Israeli attack on Iran. Christopher Preble, a foreign policy expert at the Cato Ins ute, says, “Romney’s likely to be in the mold of George W. Bush when it comes to foreign policy if he were elected.” On some key issues, like Iran, Romney and his team are to the right of Bush. Romney’s embrace of the neoconservative cause—even if done cynically to woo the right—could turn into a policy nightmare if he becomes president.

If we take the candidate at his word, a Romney presidency would move toward war against Iran; closely align Washington with the Israeli right; leave troops in Afghanistan at least until 2014 and refuse to negotiate with the Taliban; reset the Obama administration’s “reset” with Russia; and pursue a Reagan-like military buildup at home. The Washington Monthly dubbed Romney’s foreign policy vision the “more enemies, fewer friends” doctrine, which is chillingly reminiscent of the world Obama inherited from Bush.

In March the Rev. Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention told the Romney campaign it could win over “recalcitrant conservatives,” reported the Washington Post, by “previewing a few Cabinet selections: Santorum as attorney general, Gingrich as ambassador to the United Nations and John Bolton as secretary of state.” That suggestion, which might seem ludicrous, not to mention terrifying, is more plausible than one might think.

In December Gingrich pledged at a forum sponsored by the Republican Jewish Coalition that he would appoint Bolton to run Foggy Bottom. But the mustachioed über-hawk, who was a controversial under secretary of state for arms control and UN ambassador in the Bush administration, endorsed Romney instead. Bolton has since campaigned energetically for him, serving as a key surrogate on national security issues. “Many conservatives hope that include accepting a senior national security post in a Romney administration,” wrote Jennifer Rubin, a neoconservative blogger for the Post.
    http://www.thenation.com/article/167...on-war-cabinet
    Last edited by Nbadan; 05-24-2012 at 12:34 AM.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    obama is every bit the war mongerer but what's worst is he's a communist as well and wants to impose a police state here in america

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    obama is every bit the war mongerer but what's worst is he's a communist as well and wants to impose a police state here in america
    agree but these are the Bush 2 Neocons we are talking about. These s not only want to bomb Iran, they want to start conflict with Russia and trade wars with China

sick ing s. Romney really losing El Che's vote and it aint even June

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gecko will certainly enrich the MIC and be more aggressive, even attacking Iran, etc, etc. War-mongering and hyped, bogus wars is what war-profiteering neo-cons do.

btw, did Gecko or any of his 5 boys serve in the military? Even dubya "served" until he went AWOL, never to return.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree but these are the Bush 2 Neocons we are talking about. These s not only want to bomb Iran, they want to start conflict with Russia and trade wars with China

sick ing s. Romney really losing El Che's vote and it aint even June
    It only sounds extreme because Obama wants to bend over and let Iran, Russia, and China butt him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "let Iran, Russia, and China butt him"

got any links, Macho Man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama wants to bend over and let Iran, Russia, and China butt him.
    huh?

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It only sounds extreme because Obama wants to bend over and let Iran, Russia, and China butt him.
    but Iran can't or won't.... do you ever say anything that is true?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Obamas war is not with Russia or china but rather the American people and the cons ution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obamas war is not with Russia or china but rather the American people and the cons ution
    you really think Romney would abolish NDAA, SOPA, CISPA, Guantanamo, DHS, frisking old ladies and children, etc????

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think he could care less but wouldn't make it his personal agenda to add to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One wars for Oil, the other for "humanitarian" reasons.

Bool Cory Sro

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP’s fear-mongering on defense

Despite the GOP’s overblown rhetoric about security, the American people haven’t been fooled. In a recent survey, the Stimson Center, the Program on Public Consultation and the Center for Public Integrity found that after receiving detailed information and arguments on both sides of the issue, the average American favors cutting the defense budget by 18 percent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...nhU_story.html

===========

Repugs, like Bain capital, is all about making money for the 1%, eg the MIC, their owners no matter how much it s, and it DOES , the 99%.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    One also wars with the American people, militarizing police with the same equipment used against afghan insurgents

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was going to be a picture of obama's cabinet

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Romney

This is scary stupid...70% of Romney's perspective foreign policy cabinet worked for Dubya, supported the war in Iraq and support bombing Iran...

http://www.thenation.com/article/167...on-war-cabinet
    How is this ultra liberal description of what romney would do any different from what obama is doing?

Obama has alienated our allies.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taken at an Occupy event, no doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Heritage Foundation has been the go to for GOP foreign policy for over 50 years. Its the same cabal of corporate elite and Asian trade networks. Gingrich was their man but he was unelectable so this seems like his concession to that bunch.

and lol Santorum as AG.

Thread Information