Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Did Martin assert the affirmative defense of standing his ground before attacking Zimmerman?
    george invaded his ground. stalked him to it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you haven't responded about george's willingness to lie?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Martin assert the affirmative defense of standing his ground before attacking Zimmerman?
    Does one have to file a motion or something on the street?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    in florida you gotta call "dibs"

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    No. But under Florida law its certainly ok to shoot someone who is beating you.
    What if you start the fight and the other person is unarmed.....well, other than skittles.

I also find it funny that Martin may have been high as well.....Zimmerman got beat up by a stoned 17 year old that just wanted to eat candy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    george invaded his ground. stalked him to it.
    Has he been charged with stalking? Don't think the elements are met, but I could be wrong. Perhaps aggravated stalking, if Flordia has such a charge. I don't think he has been charged with stalking. However, stand you ground does not apply to stalking. It only applies if you are in fear for your life or severe bodily harm.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which lie? I was waiting for a link. If you could be more specific, I will be happy to respond.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Has he been charged with stalking? Don't think the elements are met, but I could be wrong. Perhaps aggravated stalking, if Flordia has such a charge. I don't think he has been charged with stalking. However, stand you ground does not apply to stalking. It only applies if you are in fear for your life or severe bodily harm.
    now you know how martin felt.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    anytime you're ready.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but you have to assert stand your ground if you want to use is as an affirmative defense. I doubt Martin will be asserting that or anything else any time soon. Therefore, the argument is nonsensical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if you start the fight and the other person is unarmed.....well, other than skittles.

I also find it funny that Martin may have been high as well.....Zimmerman got beat up by a stoned 17 year old that just wanted to eat candy.
    You have proof that Zimmerman started the fight? Sorry but getting out of your car proves nothing. These witnesses certainly didn't give any new insight into who started the fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but you have to assert stand your ground if you want to use is as an affirmative defense. I doubt Martin will be asserting that or anything else any time soon. Therefore, the argument is nonsensical.
    As far as I know, he was never charged with anything ever.

Can't say the same for Zimmerman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now you know how martin felt.
    Did he give a statement before he died? How do you know how he felt. Maybe he was mad and pissed off and decided to confront Zimmerman. Certainly would not be the first time a teenager lost his cool and did somthing stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    You have proof that Zimmerman started the fight? Sorry but getting out of your car proves nothing. These witnesses certainly didn't give any new insight into who started the fight.
    So do you think that if Zimmerman had stayed in his car and listened to what the 911 dispatcher had said, Martin would still have been killed that night?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yep, only 2 people know and one of them is dead.

now we're left with one side of the story. that story is coming from a guy that already lied in court.

anytime you're ready.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Did he give a statement before he died? How do you know how he felt. Maybe he was mad and pissed off and decided to confront Zimmerman. Certainly would not be the first time a teenager lost his cool and did somthing stupid.
    Again, do you think if Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten out of his car that Martin would still be dead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do you think that if Zimmerman had stayed in his car and listened to what the 911 dispatcher had said, Martin would still have been killed that night?
    Martin was asking for it.

Look at the way he was dressed!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I know, he was never charged with anything ever.

Can't say the same for Zimmerman.
    But that was not the discussion. Clambake claims that Martin was justified under stand your ground. I am just asking that he back it up.

Zimmerman certainly has a case under stand your ground. I am glad we agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Zimmerman's statements to police are public yet, or if they are I haven't seen them. But his lawyer did question that investigator about them at the bond hearing. Seems like he claimed that after the dispatcher told him not to follow that he started walking back towards his car. I think the investigator said that he did claim that to the police, but that they disputed whether or not that was true.

This is going to come down to a timeline on how they came face to face. The defense is going to claim that Martin doubled back after running and confronted Zimmerman on his way back to his car, which very well could be exactly what happened, but there doesn't seem to be any witnesses to this, at least not one who saw it clearly. So they're going to have to use the two calls (Zimmerman's to police and Martin's to his GF/friend) and any other way to get the timing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that was not the discussion. Clambake claims that Martin was justified under stand your ground. I am just asking that he back it up.

Zimmerman certainly has a case under stand your ground. I am glad we agree.
    After stalking Martin with a gun, I can't really agree.

Martin could have a claim, but he's conveniently dead.

If only Martin had a gun that night too....

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    I don't think Zimmerman's statements to police are public yet, or if they are I haven't seen them. But his lawyer did question that investigator about them at the bond hearing. Seems like he claimed that after the dispatcher told him not to follow that he started walking back towards his car. I think the investigator said that he did claim that to the police, but that they disputed whether or not that was true.

This is going to come down to a timeline on how they came face to face. The defense is going to claim that Martin doubled back after running and confronted Zimmerman on his way back to his car, which very well could be exactly what happened, but there doesn't seem to be any witnesses to this, at least not one who saw it clearly. So they're going to have to use the two calls (Zimmerman's to police and Martin's to his GF/friend) and any other way to get the timing.
    Have they decided if Zimmerman was in or out of his vehicle when the dispatcher told him not to follow?

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    If only Martin had a gun that night too....

I'm surprised he didn't......what with the hoodie and all.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Have they decided if Zimmerman was in or out of his vehicle when the dispatcher told him not to follow?
    does it matter? george was going to do what george wanted to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter what I think might have happened. If Martin had never been born that he would never have been shot that night. Correct?

Your recital of the facts are so off it does not surprise me that you have the opinion that you do.

The dispatcher, after Zimmerman left his car, told Zimmerman that he did not need to follow Martin, who was the suspect at the time. Zimmerman than said ok. We have no evidence at this point that suggests who started the fight at this point.

If I tell someone I am going to kill them, and then do nothing about it and then they come and attack me, they will be guilty, there will be no stand your ground law admissible here.

The problem with the case you want to argue is that you believe that Zimmerman was the agressor and if he was, we will never know for sure because the only testimony that comes out is Zimmerman's. Unless there is a smoking gun. However, witnesses that change their stories becuase of wathcing tv are not credible witnesses. No lawyer will rely on that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    we're left with the story from the guy that already lied in court.

Thread Information