Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After stalking Martin with a gun, I can't really agree.

Martin could have a claim, but he's conveniently dead.

If only Martin had a gun that night too....
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    anytime you're ready.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.
    Oh, a joke.

How about don't stalk kids who only have skittles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they decided if Zimmerman was in or out of his vehicle when the dispatcher told him not to follow?
    Listen to the audio, it is pretty clear that you hear the door open, you hear him out of breath and that is when the dispatcher tells Zimmerman that the dispatcher does not need Zimmerman to follow Martin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're left with the story from the guy that already lied in court.
    And that will be the only story that matters under the law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with the case you want to argue is that you believe that Zimmerman was the agressor and if he was, we will never know for sure because the only testimony that comes out is Zimmerman's. Unless there is a smoking gun.
    /end all threads related to this topic

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    elbamba completely dodging george's credibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anytime you're ready.
    Are you going to give me the link. I have asked three times. I don't even need the link. Just give me the specific lie you are referring to and I would be happy to discuss.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter what I think might have happened. If Martin had never been born that he would never have been shot that night. Correct?

Your recital of the facts are so off it does not surprise me that you have the opinion that you do.

The dispatcher, after Zimmerman left his car, told Zimmerman that he did not need to follow Martin, who was the suspect at the time. Zimmerman than said ok. We have no evidence at this point that suggests who started the fight at this point.

If I tell someone I am going to kill them, and then do nothing about it and then they come and attack me, they will be guilty, there will be no stand your ground law admissible here.

The problem with the case you want to argue is that you believe that Zimmerman was the agressor and if he was, we will never know for sure because the only testimony that comes out is Zimmerman's. Unless there is a smoking gun. However, witnesses that change their stories becuase of wathcing tv are not credible witnesses. No lawyer will rely on that.
    I don't disagree with this actually. I thought that Zimmerman was in his vehicle when the dispatcher told him not to follow, which would obviously change the dynamics of this whole story.

However, I still believe this to be a non story in which Zimmerman put himself in the position that he felt "forced" to kill a kid that was doing nothing wrong.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are you going to give me the link. I have asked three times. I don't even need the link. Just give me the specific lie you are referring to and I would be happy to discuss.
    i already told you to follow the money. but you knew that.

go ahead. you can tell us. we know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they decided if Zimmerman was in or out of his vehicle when the dispatcher told him not to follow?
    I don't know. All I know is that when the dispatcher asked if he was following he said yes. But I don't know if he meant in his car or that he was out and on foot.

Maybe someone more familiar with the call can say if and when there was an audible car door opening. Although I seem to remember that there was clearly wind blowing at that point, so I guess I'd have to say that he was most likely outside the car at that point and following on foot after Martin started running.

Again, the double back point is crucial; literally the entire case may hinge on that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    does anyone think george's credibility will have anything to do with this case?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, a joke.

How about don't stalk kids who only have skittles.
    I don't see how staking is much of a joke. However, Zimmerman's actions do not rise to stalking under Florida law so I guess that discussion is irrelevant.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The conflicting and changed accounts of the witnesses will only ensure that Zimmerman is acquitted. Let the riots begin. Pass the popcorn please...

I live in Florida and have my CCW and Im prepared for the fallout.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    I don't know. All I know is that when the dispatcher asked if he was following he said yes. But I don't know if he meant in his car or that he was out and on foot.

Maybe someone more familiar with the call can say if and when there was an audible car door opening. Although I seem to remember that there was clearly wind blowing at that point, so I guess I'd have to say that he was most likely outside the car at that point and following on foot after Martin started running.

Again, the double back point is crucial; literally the entire case may hinge on that.
    Agreed. Interesting too that the whole thing will boil down to the timing of two phone calls.

Still though, you have to wonder, if Zimmerman had not been armed and following him that night, would Martin have been killed? I just don't know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    elbamba completely dodging george's credibility.
    I am not even sure what you are talking about. If you could tell me which statement made in court by Zimmerman was a lie, I would be happy to address the issue of credibility. Until you tell me what you are referring to I will not be able to give you a response outside of this one, which I have now given about 4 times.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The conflicting and changed accounts of the witnesses will only ensure that Zimmerman is acquitted. Let the riots begin. Pass the popcorn please...

I live in Florida and have my CCW and Im prepared for the fallout.
    are you gonna be like george, get your gun, run outta your daddy's house, hop into your daddy's vehicle and go look for trouble?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how staking is much of a joke. However, Zimmerman's actions do not rise to stalking under Florida law so I guess that discussion is irrelevant.
    Lions don't stalk zebras under legal definitions either, but they sure as stalk them.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    dodging or not trying.

or trolling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However, I still believe this to be a non story in which Zimmerman put himself in the position that he felt "forced" to kill a kid that was doing nothing wrong.
    This is a fine opinion. I too agree with you. I would probably not have gotten out of my car unless someone was hurting a family member or breaking into my house.

However, from a legal standpoint, ZImmerman did nothing wrong. That is my simple point. People got worked up over this case because the media wanted to make this a white vs. black issue. About the only thing more exciting is a sexy young mother who kills her daughter. But that story already ran its course.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i already told you to follow the money. but you knew that.

go ahead. you can tell us. we know.
    If anyone knows what Clambake is talking about, please be so kind as to inform me.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    LOL at the media still using Zimmermans 2005 mugshot instead of his recent one. They have tried to hang this guy from day one. He will walk. Book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people got worked up because he wasn't arrested after killing an unarmed child. when children are brutally murdered or kidnapped the public wants justice. media didn't make this a white vs black issue, zimmerman did when he profiled trayvon.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Black Panthers want a race war apparently. Bring it, just remember holding your gun sideways only works in the movies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lions don't stalk zebras under legal definitions either, but they sure as stalk them.
    We live in a society with laws. This is what seperates us from the wild.

Thread Information