Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several witnesses who reported seeing Trayvon on top of Zimmerman and Trayvon punching Zimmerman have changed their story...

Witness 12

During that session, she said she saw two people on the ground immediately after the shooting and was not sure who was on top, Zimmerman or Trayvon.

"I don't know which one. … All I saw when they were on the ground was dark colors," she said.

Six days later, however, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top, she told trial prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda during a 21/2-minute recorded session.

"I know after seeing the TV of what's happening, comparing their sizes, I think Zimmerman was definitely on top because of his size," she said.
    witness 6

"I truly can't tell who, after thinking about it, was yelling for help just because it was so dark out on that sidewalk," he said.

He also said he was no longer sure Trayvon was throwing punches. The teenager may have simply been keeping Zimmerman pinned to the ground, he said.
    Witness 13

After this neighbor heard gunfire, he went outside and spotted Zimmerman standing there with"blood on the back of his head," he told Sanford police the night of the shooting.

Zimmerman told him that Trayvon "was beating up on me, so I had to shoot him," the witness told Serino. The Neighborhood Watch captain then asked the witness to call his wife, S ie Zimmerman, and tell her what happened.

In two subsequent interviews about a month later — one with an FDLE investigator and one with de la Rionda — the witness described Zimmerman's demeanor in greater detail, adding that he spoke as if the shooting were no big deal.

Zimmerman's tone, the witness said, was "not like 'I can't believe I just shot someone!' — it was more like, 'Just tell my wife I shot somebody …,' like it was nothing."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...tory?track=rss

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several witnesses who reported seeing Trayvon on top of Zimmerman and Trayvon punching Zimmerman have changed their story...
    I wouldn't want e Lee tweeting my address or the NBPP putting a bounty on my head either.

Considering to what the Zimmerman family has been subjected, it's not too far-fetched to believe witnesses could be similarly harassed and threatened.

Of course, they could just want to be a part of the sensationalized narrative and, had they thought of it before Al Sharpton, would have gotten their stories in line with it sooner.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    all we know is that he stalked that kid, had a gun, and killed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, know, that's not all we know.

Nothing Zimmerman did fits the legal definition of "stalking," and, while he was armed and did fatally shoot Martin, you're succinct synopsis leaves a lot out of what is known.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as neighborhood watch captain, he violated the rules which say

don't confront, only call the police

don't be armed.

National neighborhood watch org has disowned what Z did as violating their guidelines.

Driving around following somebody, profiled as his much beloved "young black male with hoodie", fits any common sense definition of stalking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as neighborhood watch captain, he violated the rules which say...
    It wasn't a formal "neighborhood watch program."

...don't confront,...
    No evidence he did.

... only call the police
    There are 911 recordings that evidence he did.

Not a formal "neighborhood watch program" and Zimmerman was licensed to carry a concealed handgun.

National neighborhood watch org has disowned what Z did as violating their guidelines.
    Did the national organization ever say Zimmerman's neighborhood watch program was ever officially affiliated with them?

Driving around following somebody,...
    Zimmerman wasn't just driving around, he was going someplace when Martin's behavior caught his attention.

...profiled as his much beloved "young black male with hoodie",...
    Martin's physical description was only given in response to the 911 call-taker's questions. Zimmerman's unsolicited observations focused on Martin's behavior.

...fits any common sense definition of stalking.
    Uh, no. Not legal nor common sense definitions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Now that this is a national story and everyone hates this guy with a passion, we remember things differently from our original uninfluenced account in a way that reflects badly on him.'

No reasonable doubt there.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

Nothing Zimmerman did fits the legal definition of "stalking," and, while he was armed and did fatally shoot Martin, you're succinct synopsis leaves a lot out of what is known.
    followed Martin, had a gun, killed him

That better?

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're on the verge of a race war caused by the msm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Now that this is a national story and everyone hates this guy with a passion, we remember things differently from our original uninfluenced account in a way that reflects badly on him.'

No reasonable doubt there.
    Just because the witnesses change their testimony in ways that appear detrimental to Zimmerman doesn't mean it will be interpreted by a jury that way. If witnesses introduce reasonable doubt -- not matter in what direction -- it's still reasonable doubt.

Take the witness that originally told police he witnessed Martin sitting on top of a Zimmerman wailing away on him MMA-style while Zimmerman screamed for help.

True, he now says Martin may have only been trying to hold Zimmerman down and that he now unsure of who was screaming for help. But, he still maintains it was Martin on top of Zimmerman.

So regardless of his inconsistencies, which only raise reasonable doubt, there is a body of physical and forensic evidence that supports his first statement.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

let the anticipation build, yoni.

you're going to be finding out quite a bit about george soon enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Witness 12

witness 6

Witness 13

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...tory?track=rss
    I read this article.

Witness 12 is no longer a credible witness as he/she openly admits that he/she is changing his/her story after watching TV. I doubt the testimony would even be admissible at this point. This is why a judge tells jurors not to read about the case in newspaper or watch it on TV or the internet.

Witness 6--You could not tell that punches were being thrown but you still affirm that Martin was on Zimmerman and at the least, restraining him. Then show pictures of Zimmerman's injuries to the jury. Witness 6 testimony no longer matters because he cannot refute the evidence.

Witness 13--All of his/her testimony, which came one month after the incident, is pure speculation and opinion on Zimmerman's at ude-- as if shooting someone was no big deal--I am sure the judge will let that in.

This is why the media should not get involved and try to prosecute a case prematurely. Any defense attorney worth their salt will probably keep all of these witnesses from testifying. Changing your statement is one thing, changing it one month after the story becomes national news and you lose all credibility.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    do you believe george?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you believe george?
    So far because the overall evidence corraborates his account. If that changes then ofcourse i'd have to rethink it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    george didn't stalk this kid by accident.

you'll see.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So far because the overall evidence corraborates his account. If that changes then ofcourse i'd have to rethink it.
    it didn't bother you that george already lied to the court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, that's news to me. And if so, does it change the facts entirely? Also, being a cynical bag does not one up you on the wild cobra's of the world.

You're just cynical who also happens to be a bag and an ignoramus.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well, that's news to me.
    u already in the tank for george. not keeping up, are u? how original.
    And if so, does it change the facts entirely?
    you wouldn't know, remember?
    Also, being a cynical bag does not one up you on the wild cobra's of the world.
    how you view yourself is your business.

You're just cynical who also happens to be a bag and an ignoramus.
    i think you and george share some of the same character qualities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you believe george?
    It doesn't matter if I believe him. The only story that comes out is his. He should prevail. Unless the prosecutor has an eye witness, George is not guilty of commiting a crime in Florida. We can disagree about what he should or should not have done. That is a legitimate debate, but I am sick of the media trying to make a story out of the witnesses. A witness changing their story is not a good thing in the world. Even if it benefits your pos ion, it smacks of dishonesty and prejudice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    george didn't stalk this kid by accident.

you'll see.
    How can you prove this? The only testimony regarding motive will be Georgies. Has he already confessed to intentionally stalking Martin?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he perjured himself? Has the prosecutor added an additional charge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u already in the tank for george. not keeping up, are u? how original.
    you wouldn't know, remember?

how you view yourself is your business.

i think you and george share some of the same character qualities.
    The prosecution witheld evidence, george zimmerman's account of his estimation of trayvon's age differed from the 911 tapes to when he was in court. But that's just an estimation. george said TM was in late teens, that could mean 19, but george later said he looked a little younger than him, GZ is only 26. That itself doesn't cons ute a lie in itself. The latter statement could be vague. "looks" little younger than 26 could be 22.

NM, you're a .
    Last edited by Ignignokt; 05-24-2012 at 10:48 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What did he lie to the court about again?
    you don't care, remember?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So he perjured himself? Has the prosecutor added an additional charge?
    the judge will rule on it. like i said from the beginning, this is florida and the guys name is zimmerman.

Thread Information