Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? With Yoni? Happy being a ing hack.
    I was being sarcastic.

And thanks Fuzzy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tbh: you're a pathetic tool unless you continue to question every single "self defense" killing in this country

NBC made this the blown up story that it is, and you (and many others) bit, hard.
    Nice characterization. The Orlando Sentinel is the one that broke the story but if you want to attribute all the media attention to NBC you go right ahead.

Florida's gun laws have been a matter of national controversy for years now. This is an extension of that.

It just sounds like you are butthurt because the Sharpton's and Jackson's of the world got involved. You keep parroting the racial context and NBC. that's my characterization. Personally, i do not give a but i do think that Florida's gun laws are in many ways asinine so this case interests me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are my political reasons?
    I was giving a sarcastic answer to his question about why the prosecution would see all the evidence and then conclude that Murder 2 was the appropriate charge. Completely forgot that a statement like that is something that can be taken seriously around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This jerk off defense he was in fear for his life. If he wanted to be a cop I can promise he has taken self defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was giving a sarcastic answer to his question about why the prosecution would see all the evidence and then conclude that Murder 2 was the appropriate charge. Completely forgot that a statement like that is something that can be taken seriously around here.
    So why was Zimmerman charged with murder 2 if all of the evidence points to Zimmerman being innocent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if he were trigger happy, he would have had his gun out long before he was pinned to the ground being beaten Mixed Martial Arts style.

By the sound of it Zimmerman didn't even consider his weapon until he believed he wasn't going to come out of the incident without serious bodily injury or being killed.
    The MMA witness recanted his testimony.

This witness lived a few feet from where Trayvon and Zimmerman had their fight. On the night of the shooting, he told Serino he saw a black man on top of a lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style," a reference to mixed martial arts.

He also said the one calling for help was "the one being beat up," a reference to Zimmerman.

But three weeks later, when he was interviewed by an FDLE agent, the man said he was no longer sure which one called for help.

"I truly can't tell who, after thinking about it, was yelling for help just because it was so dark out on that sidewalk," he said.

He also said he was no longer sure Trayvon was throwing punches. The teenager may have simply been keeping Zimmerman pinned to the ground, he said.

He did not equivocate, though, about who was on top.

"The black guy was on top," he said.
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ing-fdle-agent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the DA will try and prove zimmerman's life was not in danger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and also Zimmerman was convinced this was the guy breaking into houses, strengthing his conclusion that his life was in danger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry but thinking something especially when you are wrong is not a justification for homicide.

If I think someone is breaking into a house and shoot him and it turns out that its his house, what do you think will happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    previous cases of SYG cases in Florida. Read and enjoy! http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-g.../cases/case_27

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why was Zimmerman charged with murder 2 if all of the evidence points to Zimmerman being innocent?
    Honestly, the evidence doesn't point to his innocence and there's too many inconsistencies in his story for me to believe him. I'm just not sure about Murder 2 which is why I'd like to hear the prosecution's case.

Though if we could just sentence him jail without parole would be my stance on it. I take the death of minors very seriously and I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who kill them for no reason. Labelling deaths like that doesn't bring the victim back. Particularly in situations like this one.

But I'm not in charge and I won't even be on the jury so the only thing I can do is sit back and see what's going to happen. (While hoping for a huge civil lawsuit)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the evidence doesn't point to his innocence and there's too many inconsistencies in his story for me to believe him. I'm just not sure about Murder 2 which is why I'd like to hear the prosecution's case.

Though if we could just sentence him jail without parole would be my stance on it. I take the death of minors very seriously and I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who kill them for no reason. Labelling deaths like that doesn't bring the victim back. Particularly in situations like this one.

But I'm not in charge and I won't even be on the jury so the only thing I can do is sit back and see what's going to happen. (While hoping for a huge civil lawsuit)
    I thought murder 2 was a little stiff too, which is why I want to see all the evidence. Seems the people that are closest to the case think they have a pretty strong case which is why I find it amusing that Yoni thinks all evidence points to Zimmerman being free and clear.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought murder 2 was a little stiff too, which is why I want to see all the evidence. Seems the people that are closest to the case think they have a pretty strong case which is why I find it amusing that Yoni thinks all evidence points to Zimmerman being free and clear.
    Really? Do you have links? I've seen that the detective wanted manslaughter and initially I thought that was right but I'm still fuzzy on that front.

If the prosecution/state is feeling confident though I'm *really* looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Do you have links? I've seen that the detective wanted manslaughter and initially I thought that was right but I'm still fuzzy on that front.

If the prosecution/state is feeling confident though I'm *really* looking forward to hearing what they have to say.
    Why would they go in with murder 2 if they did not think they could get it as opposed to something like manslaughter? I'm just not sure why they would set the bar so high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If any of you read the link citing previous stand your ground cases, you will soon realize 2 things
    1) Florida justice is ed.
    2) Zimmerman is going to walk
    and the ultimate conclusion bases on what I have read
    3) Martin was standing his ground, and zimmerman was standing his

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This jerk off defense he was in fear for his life. If he wanted to be a cop I can promise he has taken self defense.
    You do, of course, realize there are probably more than a few police officers with self-defense training that have been forced to used deadly force to defend themselves when on the losing end of a physical struggle.

Not sure why this is relevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do, of course, realize there are probably more than a few police officers with self-defense training that have been forced to used deadly force to defend themselves when on the losing end of a physical struggle.

Not sure why this is relevant.
    Read my post right above, or even better read the current stand your ground cases I posted afew more replies above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the DA will try and prove zimmerman's life was not in danger.
    Gee, ya think?

Well, the I think the defense will counter with convincing a jury, "a person in similar cir stances could reasonably believe their life was in danger."

I think the defense has the stronger argument, tbh.

So, how will the prosecutor prove the depravity required in a 2nd Degree Murder charge, counselor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read my post right above, or even better read the current stand your ground cases I posted afew more replies above.
    Okay, still not sure why prior self-defense training is relevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gee, ya think?

Well, the I think the defense will counter with convincing a jury, "a person in similar cir stances could reasonably believe their life was in danger."

I think the defense has the stronger argument, tbh.

So, how will the prosecutor prove the depravity required in a 2nd Degree Murder charge, counselor?
    This is my favorite SYG case
    "Location: Hot Shotz Bar in New Port Richey, Pasco County

What happened: Max Wesley Horn Jr., 47, shot and killed Joseph Martell, 34, after an argument outside a bar during the annual Chasco Fiesta in New Port Richey. Martell had exchanged words with friends of Horn's during the day, and they encountered each other later that night when Martell emerged from Hot Shotz and, according to Horn, threatened his sister-in-law. Horn lifted his shirt to show a gun in his waistband and said he would shoot Martell, who was dragged away to another bar. He returned shortly. Witnesses gave differering accounts of what happened next. Some say Martell punched Horn. Others didn't see a punch. Horn fired at Martell six times until the gun jammed.

The outcome: Horn was charged with second-degree murder. He claimed immunity under the stand your ground statute, but a judge denied that claim. He went to trial and was acquitted."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, still not sure why prior self-defense training is relevant.
    In my mind, knowings how to put your wittle hands and elbows up to protect your face and get up and run, cons utes enough self defense to know your life isnt in danger.

I was surprised that they charged him with 2nd and not just manslaughter. BUt after reading previous shorts on cases, zimmerman is going to walk. But my final opinion is Martin was standing his ground, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my mind, knowings how to put your wittle hands and elbows up to protect your face and get up and run, cons utes enough self defense to know your life isnt in danger.
    Even people with self-defense training get in a bind and get killed.

I was surprised that they charged him with 2nd and not just manslaughter. BUt after reading previous shorts on cases, zimmerman is going to walk. But my final opinion is Martin was standing his ground, too.
    They couldn't both be standing their ground; someone was the aggressor. Someone picked the fight. Someone threw the first punch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even people with self-defense training get in a bind and get killed.

They couldn't both be standing their ground; someone was the aggressor. Someone picked the fight. Someone threw the first punch.
    If you read the cases I posted you would realize my point, which stands true. Martin and Zimmerman, both could win by stating they were standing their ground.

On that note-im out, have a good night gents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you read the cases I posted you would realize my point, which stands true. Martin and Zimmerman, both could win by stating they were standing their ground.
    Martin's not winning anything, he's dead. Trust me, it won't be a draw.

Either Zimmerman was acting in self-defense or he wasn't.

On that note-im out, have a good night gents.
    Buenos noches.

Thread Information