Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romney Messes Up and Tells the Truth About Austerity

if you take a trillion dollars for instance, out of the first year of the federal budget, that would shrink GDP over 5%. That is by definition throwing us into recession or depression. So I’m not going to do that, of course.”

Romney explains that austerity, during the recovery from a Great Recession, would cause catastrophic damage to our nation. The problem, of course, is that the Republican congressional leadership is committed to imposing austerity on the nation and Speaker Boehner has just threatened that Republicans will block the renewal of the debt ceiling in order to extort Democrats to agree to austerity – severe cuts to social programs. Romney knows this could “throw us into recession or depression” and says he would never follow such a policy.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/1556...bout_austerity

Politically, Gecko is way out of his depth trying to be Prez. He's pretty ing stupid, but that's how Repugs like their front-men-as-tools.

What kind of asshole will he choose as Veep?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Who cares?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deficit hawks, sheepling behind sociopath Ryan, loving Gecko less by the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares that the policy of choice for certain members of a political party would lead to catastrophic economic damage?

You're right... who cares?!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hate the pig that goes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...the gecko is my favorite, if only he wasnt a bloody brit...the caveman is cool, but orakpo, looks like a bag and he cheats at scrabble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Romney said something Boutons agrees with. Probably is worth a whole new thread tbh
    Last edited by z0sa; 05-29-2012 at 04:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hate the pig that goes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...the gecko is my favorite, if only he wasnt a bloody brit...the caveman is cool, but orakpo, looks like a bag and he cheats at scrabble.
    The goods

Thread Information