Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If they were true liberals, they would be handing out the food that is on that table to starving Americans or Africans. A damn shame.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since there are no large anti-war protest in front of the White House or any large city anymore, I guess the far left liberals must now support the war in Afghanistan. I know the news media would have reported any such unrest or daily protest like in the Bush years. Thanks "O" for getting all the far left to support our troops in the field.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ron Paul pretty much told the truth on how Obama got the anti-war left to disappear. The anti-war left basically left when Barry became president. Liberals gladly now support nation building and bullying countries into submission because Barry supports it. Monkey see, monkey do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Paul pretty much told the truth on how Obama got the anti-war left to disappear. The anti-war left basically left when Barry became president. Liberals gladly now support nation building and bullying countries into submission because Barry supports it. Monkey see, monkey do.
    Um, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since there are no large anti-war protest in front of the White House or any large city anymore, I guess the far left liberals must now support the war in Afghanistan. I know the news media would have reported any such unrest or daily protest like in the Bush years. Thanks "O" for getting all the far left to support our troops in the field.
    This is some of the dumbest logic I've ever read. Let me know when Obama invades a country like Iraq and I promise you that you'll see those protest again. The limited action in Libya got plenty of dissent.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol limited. They only overthrew a sovereign government using our own al ciada troops and massive air support

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did we invade? Did we use our full military? It was a limited action. I wasn't for it. Your stupidity doesn't change that it was limited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I started a thread here after witnessing such recruitment at SAC. They had a tent with video games (guitar ing hero) and playing with a rover. When I went to go watch the Avengers in theaters, it was preceded by a Army commercial showing a bunch of guys running onto a beach (with no one shooting back at them).

Military recruitment today when most of the armed forces are used for acts I do not see as being correlated to our national security pretty much disgusts me.

How do you suggest they recruit? It is a volunteer force.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Did we invade? Did we use our full military? It was a limited action. I wasn't for it. Your stupidity doesn't change that it was limited.
    Full air support and contracted the ground troops in order to not be a war by technicality

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "volunteer force"

they've beens aggressively scraping the bottom of the barrel for poor kids for many years, while hyper-extending the Reserves for multiple tours. Not really volunteer when you have to lie to the ignorant, desperate-for-a-job kids and sucker them into getting ed up in phony wars.

And wait for the DoD/NSA/CIA PsyOps wars on Human-Americans to really feed them tons of all-out pure bull LIES.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-30-2012 at 10:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you suggest they recruit? It is a volunteer force.
    anecdote: I've talked to several acquaintances that were recruiters that admit to some shady tactics to get the kids to sign that dotted line.

It's disgusting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the multi-$100K ads (that's development costs, not airtime costs) showing a fantasy world that looks like a video game, with no mention of TBI, PSTD, missing limbs, faces, foreclosed homes while deployed, and all for nothing except enrichment of the MIC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ” Morning Edition, March 2, 2010 · America's Army, an online combat game developed by the Pentagon, has helped boost military recruitment. The game's technology is not all that different from the tools used in today's war zones to guide unmanned drones and perform other tasks.

In a recent article for Foreign Policy, Peter Singer, the director of the 21st Century Defense Initiative at the Brookings Ins ution, explored the question of how realistic that technology really is and the extent to which virtual and actual war have merged.

"It's what they call a 'first-person shooter,'" Singer tells NPR's Steve Inskeep; in the game, the player looks down the barrel of a gun on the battlefield.

Millions of people play the game. It ranks in the top 10 of all downloadable games; the Chinese government even sought to ban it. But its depictions of military training and combat were meant to be a recruiting tool —and America's Army has succeeded in that goal, Singer says.

"One study found that the game had more impact on actual recruits than all other forms of Army advertising combined," he says.........

http://www.npr.org/templates/text/s....=124216122&m=1

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full air support and contracted the ground troops in order to not be a war by technicality
    lol..not knowing the difference between providing support and a full invasion..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA is technically "AT WAR" with many countries, where war is defined as one country's military invading the target country.

Obama Expands Secret Wars Across the Globe

In short, handing war to the special operators severs an already too tenuous link between war and politics; it becomes war for its own sake.

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/155639

Thread Information