Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    These are the pots:

Pot 1: Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium

Pot 2: Japan, Iran, Korea, USA, Honduras, Costa Rica, Mexico, Australia

Pot 3: Chile, Ecuador, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, France

Pot 4: England, Italy, Portugal, Bosnia, Croatia, Greece, Russia, Netherlands

Pot 3 minus Chile and Ecuador = Africa
    Last edited by lefty; 11-20-2013 at 12:07 AM.

These are the pots:

Pot 1: Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium

Don't count Jordan Out!!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Don't count Jordan Out!!

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    These are the pots:

Best possible group IMO:
    Brazil
    Mexico
    France
    Italy

Worst possible group IMO:
    Switzerland
    Costa Rica
    Cameroon
    England

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Sweden eliminated

No Johansson on the world cup

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Best possible group IMO:
    Brazil
    Mexico
    France
    Italy
    LOL Mexico

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Actually changed it to Japan as I wasn't sure if Brazil+Mexico can play in the same group...but probably didn't save it.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Asia's #5 and Oceania's #1 are just screwed up by FIFA imho, they have little chance against the Caribbean and South American qualifiers so their 0.5 spots are basically equal to zero. Mexico and Uruguay had secured their qualifications in the first leg already and the 2nd leg is just a waste of time time tbh.

Asia's #5 and Oceania's #1 are just screwed up by FIFA imho, they have little chance against the Caribbean and South American qualifiers so their 0.5 spots are basically equal to zero. Mexico and Uruguay had secured their qualifications in the first leg already and the 2nd leg is just a waste of time time tbh.
    You obviously don't watch Asian football enough tbh. I have no idea how it happend, but the only possible explanation to Jordan making it to the playoffs is extreme luck..They are considered Minnows by Asian standards tbh..It's kinda like the bobcats making it to the playoffs. Asia's number 5 should be at the very least Equal to concacafs 4. Heck they lost to japan 6-0

Uzbekistan losing to Jordan was in itslef a surprise...

South America number 5 is always going to be favorites no matter what..But A few Asian teams would have done a better job than Jordan. I watched the Asian Qualifiers, and Jordan scrapped through the qualifiers with cheap play and bunkering...

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    South Korea, Japan and Australia are the only Asian teams that deserve to appear on the world cup final stage, and Australia isn't really an Asian country to begin with. Iran is half decent and maybe they could cause upset to the concacaf's 4, but Uzbekistan is well below that standard imho. Uzbekistan had their good days when Shatskikh was in his prime but they were always like a foster kid in Asia, like they were always given the toughest group and toughest matchups. Saudi Arabia used to be good but they're probably even bigger a joke than China nowadays tbh.

and North Korea's qualification to South Africa was a joke too imho, it's hilariously pathetic that those skinny picklebreaths were running all over the pitch playing soccer when they didn't even have enough food for their stomachs.

South Korea, Japan and Australia are the only Asian teams that deserve to appear on the world cup final stage, and Australia isn't really an Asian country to begin with. Iran is half decent and maybe they could cause upset to the concacaf's 4, but Uzbekistan is well below that standard imho. Uzbekistan had their good days when Shatskikh was in his prime but they were always like a foster kid in Asia, like they were always given the toughest group and toughest matchups. Saudi Arabia used to be good but they're probably even bigger a joke than China nowadays tbh.

and North Korea's qualification to South Africa was a joke too imho, it's hilariously pathetic that those skinny picklebreaths were running all over the pitch playing soccer when they didn't even have enough food for their stomachs.
    Uzbakistan is a better team now than they were a few years ago with shatskikh, not sure what you're watching. Iran-South Korea-Uzbakistan had to battle at the very last games for the two straight qualification. Iran should be equal or at least better than concacaf 4...North Korea reachd the world cup then the same way Jordan reached the playoffs..parking the bus and hoping for a miracle, but NK had at least somehwat of a plan offensively.

Saudi Arabia's problem is not a decline in talent, it's just a matter of stupidity from the organization. We all know these Middle eastern teams are managed by royals who have a brain size of a pea. China is a joke, but they're still overall a better team than Jordan. Their club winning the Asian champions league should be enough indication that they're just poorly managed.

Even teams like Qatar, Iraq, Oman are better than Jordan

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Uzbakistan is a better team now than they were a few years ago with shatskikh, not sure what you're watching. Iran-South Korea-Uzbakistan had to battle at the very last games for the two straight qualification. Iran should be equal or at least better than concacaf 4...North Korea reachd the world cup then the same way Jordan reached the playoffs..parking the bus and hoping for a miracle, but NK had at least somehwat of a plan offensively.

Saudi Arabia's problem is not a decline in talent, it's just a matter of stupidity from the organization. We all know these Middle eastern teams are managed by royals who have a brain size of a pea. China is a joke, but they're still overall a better team than Jordan. Their club winning the Asian champions league should be enough indication that they're just poorly managed.

Even teams like Qatar, Iraq, Oman are better than Jordan
    can't argue against that tbh. Jordan has never been really considered a top team in Asia and yes, several Asian teams are just poorly managed by officials who have brains the size of peas. Like, we paid that son of a Camacho the 3rd highest salary in the football world (behind only Jose and Fergie at the time) for leading us to a disqualification in the group stage and to our most embarrassing defeat in the modern era (1-5 loss to Thailand )

We still have some good talents imho, despite how terrible our national team looks out there. That dude Zhang Linpeng is athletic as and he's easily the best RB in Asia IMHO, and Zheng Zhi remains the anchor of our team on both ends and still plays at a very high level despite age. I think that if we somehow figure out a way to give Elkeson and Muriqui chinese nationalities and make them represent our country we would put up a serious challenge against Korea and Japan. We're just one or two elite players away from being a top team again in Asia, imho. Hao Haidong had been our nation's best striker for 10 years or something from the mid 90s to mid 00s and we haven't really got a clutch scorer since Hao retired. Wu Lei looks decent but there're still numerous uncertainties and unpredictables waiting for him on his way to glory.

I watched the Saudi - China clash the other day, it was a 0-0 draw which delayed to the next round our qualification for the 15' Asian Cup, but I saw some hope in our team at least. We showed great work ethic in that match, smothering the sand s offensively, yet we failed to make chances pay due to the lack of a good finisher. I think if we had Elkeson or Muriqui playing in our red kit it would've easily been a 3-0 or 4-0 victory for us, tbh.

can't argue against that tbh. Jordan has never been really considered a top team in Asia and yes, several Asian teams are just poorly managed by officials who have brains the size of peas. Like, we paid that son of a Camacho the 3rd highest salary in the football world (behind only Jose and Fergie at the time) for leading us to a disqualification in the group stage and to our most embarrassing defeat in the modern era (1-5 loss to Thailand )

We still have some good talents imho, despite how terrible our national team looks out there. That dude Zhang Linpeng is athletic as and he's easily the best RB in Asia IMHO, and Zheng Zhi remains the anchor of our team on both ends and still plays at a very high level despite age. I think that if we somehow figure out a way to give Elkeson and Muriqui chinese nationalities and make them represent our country we would put up a serious challenge against Korea and Japan. We're just one or two elite players away from being a top team again in Asia, imho. Hao Haidong had been our nation's best striker for 10 years or something from the mid 90s to mid 00s and we haven't really got a clutch scorer since Hao retired. Wu Lei looks decent but there're still numerous uncertainties and unpredictables waiting for him on his way to glory.

I watched the Saudi - China clash the other day, it was a 0-0 draw which delayed to the next round our qualification for the 15' Asian Cup, but I saw some hope in our team at least. We showed great work ethic in that match, smothering the sand s offensively, yet we failed to make chances pay due to the lack of a good finisher. I think if we had Elkeson or Muriqui playing in our red kit it would've easily been a 3-0 or 4-0 victory for us, tbh.
    Elkeson and Muriqui main goal is to play at the club world cup for exposure. It's pretty obvious, these guys want to use the AFC champions league and the club world cup as a chance to showcase they're talents. It's possible for them be nutrilized but you better hope they don't get scouted in the next club world cup.

I haven't watched any of the games for the Asian Cup qualifiers, but China-Saudi Arabia-Iraq all in the same group is just flat out brutal for these three teams..It's stupid when you have Oman-Jordan in the same group with Oman being the best team. Jordan Hasn't even qualified yet, and just have a 3 point cushion over Singapore..they are that bad.

Talent and Potential wise, I don't think there has been much change in Asia save for Uzbakistan.

I mean obviously, Saudi Arabia has lost it's place as a top 3 Asian team but they are still there despite the poor qualifiers.

1. Korea
    2. Japan
    3. Iran
    4. Saudi Arabia, China, Uzbakistan.

Australia is really suspect because their league is weak. They could fall of a cliff if they can't strengthen their Domestic league. IMO, the domestic leauge is what makes a country consistent in the long term...The soccerros, obviously know this when they decided to join the AFC.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Australian league has never been really strong imho yet their national team has been a regular participator in the world cup, when their best players mostly play in the UK and other European leagues, with a considerable number of good ones playing in other Asian leagues such as Korean, Japanese and Chinese leagues (like Paartalu). And it's normally easier for an Australian footballer to get a job for his Asian status, than other international players from continents outside of Asia.

I'm not sure if Elkeson and Muriqui want to move to bigger leagues. They're currently enjoying their lives in China it seems like, and we're probably paying them more than what they would possibly earn elsewhere, in Europe or America. And it's ain't just Guangzhou alone, many chinese clubs are opening up their bank accounts to sign big name players. For example, Kanoute to Beijing, Yakubu to Fuli (another team based in Guangzhou), Keita to Dalian, Wagner Love to Shandong (there're even rumors that Shandong is very close to signing Pato). But imho they should've spent their money more wisely, signing those talented young Brazilian players, so that maybe a few years from now they'll be able to represent China in the world cup qualifiers (provided that they're not good enough to make the brazilian national squad). And it'll also be beneficial to the clubs because they will be able to use those Brazilian players (who have acquired chinese nationality) without them occupying any foreign-player slot. Then we'll have a Brazilian-Chinese hybrid team for the 2018' world cup and world ups that will follow, we stacked!!!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Thread Information