Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Slick Willie has finally noticed the effect Obama is having on his investment portfolio.

Former President Bill Clinton suggested in a television interview Thursday that he believes President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign should stop trashing Mitt Romney’s work in the private equity industry. …

“I think he had a good business career,” Clinton told guest host Harvey Weinstein, a movie mogul who is one of Obama’s top fundraisers. “There’s no question that in terms of getting up and going to the office and, you know, basically performing the essential functions of the office, a man who has been governor and had a sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold.”

Adding that he has “friends” in the private equity business,...
    Such as Benjamin Franklin.

...Clinton suggested it was dangerous for Democrats to go after Romney’s record at Bain Capital—adding that in private equity, “like anything else you try, you don’t always succeed” in saving companies or making them more productive.

“I don’t think that we ought to get into the position where we say this is bad work,” Clinton said. “This is good work.”
    I wonder if Obama can even fit Clinton under the bus.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clinton is now worth many $10Ms, so of course he will defend his fellow 0.01%er.

“I think he had a good business career,”

he had fantastic career ing over companies, their employees, their suppliers, while pocketing $100Ms.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    ShazBot...

Why are you always so bitter?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you have anything to counter what I said?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appear bite-your-ankle, feel-his-butthurt yoni has used more ellipses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appear bite-your-ankle, feel-his-butthurt yoni has used more ellipses.
    Darrin just trying to do his part.

Representatives of the popular Times Roman font, who recently announced a shortage of periods, have offered other subs utes--inverted commas, exclamation marks, and semicolons--until the period crisis is able to be overcome by people such as yourself, who through creative management of surplus punctuation, can perhaps allay the constant demand for periods, whose heavy usage in the last ten years, not only in English but in virtually every language in the world, is creating a burden on writers everywhere, thus generating a litany of comments such as: What the am I supposed to do without my periods? How am I going to write? Isn't this a terrible disaster? Are they crazy? Won't this just create misuse of other, less interesting punctuation??? . . .

Needless to say, there has been an increasing pressure on the ellipsis . . .

"I assure you," said the spokesperson, "I assure you the ellipsis is not--repeat, is not--just three periods strung together, and although certain writers have plundered the ellipsis for its dots, such dots are deeply inelegant and ineffective when used to stop a sentence! ¿An ellipsis point is too weak to stop a modern sentence, which would require at least two ellipsis periods, leaving the third dot to stand alone pointlessly, no pun intended, and indeed two periods at the end of a sentence would look like a typo . . . comprende?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    do you have anything to counter what I said?
    I don't need to.

You are always in attack mode against certain classes, which clearly indicates bias. You have no credibility. Every body sees that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "in attack mode against certain classes"

be specific

If anyone pushes back against Repug/VRWC/UCA predation, hate, oppression, those groups start whining and wimpering about being bullied, victimized, persecuted.

If anyone disagrees with your , he's "biased", has no credibility.

I stoop to respond: G F Y

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Obama was Inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow opened at 8,279.63. Yesterday it closed at 12,226.57.

Is that the effect you are referring to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Obama was Inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow opened at 8,279.63. Yesterday it closed at 12,226.57.

Is that the effect you are referring to?
    Hes working hard to insure that baby boomer's IRA's and the elites portfolios don't tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is wrong to go after Romney for being successful in a legitimate venture. It is perfectly acceptable, however, to attack his assertion that his work at Bain Capital would make him a good president or someone who could fix the economy. The goals of running a business and running a country are diametrically opposed. The main priority of a business is to make profit at any cost. The priority of a country is the well being of its people.

So, when Obama, or any other Democratically aligned en y, attacks Romney for laying off workers or bankrupting companies, it is a fair attack. The attack implies what Romney would do once he was in charge of the government. He would kick people off of government assisted programs. Most Republicans are fine with this.

Of course, the attacks have a more sinister underlying message as well, and that is simply labeling Romney as rich and out of touch. A lot of poor people don't like the super wealthy. This is no different than the mul ude of code words used by Republicans to remind voters that Barrack Obama is black and has a foreign sounding name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appears.... Yoni always hides the topic in every thread le...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "wrong to go after Romney for being successful in a legitimate venture"

EXTREMELY successful for Gecko and his herd of financial/legal hyenas and vultures.

Not so successful for the companies they bankrupted, the suppliers left with pennies on the dollar, and perhaps bankrupted themselves, the employees they fired, the salaries and benefits reduced and revoked.

Bain is a horrible model and experience for a President of the 99%, but it's exactly why Wall St/1% is piling $100Ms into Gecko's campaign.

Thread Information