Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Feigen of Houston Chronicle

For Camby issue could be timing. Has interest in Mavs, Spurs, Heat; Might not be able to wait 'til 7/14 for Bulls' Asik offer sheet decision
    Other reports indicate that Camby wants to start.

Could the Spurs be signing Camby instead of Diaw and telling him he could start next to Duncan? It'd be a pretty shocking change of course but if Pop wants to improve the interior defense, that'd be one way to do it.

Another reason Camby may make sense to the Spurs is he'd probably only want a two-year contract ... which would be in line with Parker's contract (and probably Duncan's next contract) expiring.

Personally, I'd prefer Diaw but it will depend what the Spurs want to do. If they want to try to become defense-first again and avoid long-term contracts, going with Camby makes sense. If they want to try to become elite offensively again, Diaw is the way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Tomasson

Sources say Marcus Camby has interest in Heat but his first choice remains returning to Houston. Would want $3 million exception from Heat, so they couldn't sign both Ray Allen & Camby. Sources say if Rockets have a good offer, Camby could return regardless of whether Rockets get Omer Asik. Camby could split center minutes with Asik & mentor him. Camby, 38, wants a 2- or 3-year contract. Believes can play 3 more years. Heat first looking at Allen but could turn to Camby if Allen back to Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Tomasson

Sources say Marcus Camby has interest in Heat but his first choice remains returning to Houston. Would want $3 million exception from Heat, so they couldn't sign both Ray Allen & Camby. Sources say if Rockets have a good offer, Camby could return regardless of whether Rockets get Omer Asik. Camby could split center minutes with Asik & mentor him. Camby, 38, wants a 2- or 3-year contract. Believes can play 3 more years. Heat first looking at Allen but could turn to Camby if Allen back to Boston.
    Houston? If wants to win a championship he sure wont get it with Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-3 years? F that hopefully well be rebuilding in 2 years . Bring Kenyon Martin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheapest way to improve interior defense and rebounding. That funky jumper of his could allow him and TD to coexist on offense.

Once you get past the Hibbert pipe dream Camby makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Tomasson: Source on anyone who thinks Heat can get Allen for $3M & Camby for minimum: "(Camby) would only be interested in Miami for the $3 million.''

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets center Marcus Camby to meet with Heat on Saturday, source said. Knicks next. Rockets unlikely, and not until after Asik decision.

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “@SpearsNBAYahoo: NYK and MIA leaders in comp to land HOU C Marcus Camby with either $3m mini mid or Sign-N-Trade, source tells Y! SA,DAL, HOU also interested”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Camby could really be the No. 1 player the Spurs want. He'll be 39 next year at the start of the playoffs ... but he can rebound his azz off, block some shots and pass the ball. If the Spurs don't think that Splitter can man the interior when Duncan isn't on the court, I guess Camby makes some sense.

He wouldn't be my No. 1 option mostly because of his age, fragility and the fact that his scoring is anemic but he's not a horrible option. It'd be nice if the opposition didn't have a free lane to drive for layups whenever Duncan was off the court, tbh . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Camby would be cool but not for 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Camby would be cool but not for 3 years.
    Partially guaranteed 3rd year would be ok.

For that matter, there's a good chance that the third year is our first rebuilding year. We could probably afford to waste a little cap space that year if it helped us compete for the next 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't dip into the MLE for him if it means no Lorbek/Diaw or another big besides him. Sounds like he wants too much money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people want to have Bonner and Blair playing major minutes next year? If Camby is Spurs main acquisition of the summer, it will be the case.

Spurs needs a PF, not a C. The only case Camby could make sense is if Splitter is traded for another PF. Speaking of which, Houston is loaded with PFs and has Camby bird rights. A trade like Splitter+Neal for Paterson and Camby (S&T) wouldn't be that bad for Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes quite a bit of sense the more I think about it:

-If the Bulls match on Asik.

-If Camby doesn't get persuaded to join the Heat or other team in the meantime.

Spurs can trade Splitter to the Rockets for a sign-and-traded Marcus Camby plus a couple of their endless assets.

-The Rockets would desperately need a center and Splitter is a great option for rebuilding team like Houston.

-Rockets can reunite Scola with his best friend in Splitter, which may actually make him try harder next season.

-Advanced stats like Splitter as much or more than Asik ... which is important when dealing with the "numbers-oriented" Morey.

-Houston has a ton of assets which may tempt the Spurs -- from their young players, to their recently drafted rookies, to extra draft picks, to other sign-and-trade options like Courtney Lee. The Rockets also have room to easily absorb a contract like Bonner's.

-The Spurs can avoid paying Spitter the $8M+ it'd cost to re-sign him next summer.

Something like Splitter + Bonner for Camby, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris and a pick makes a lot of sense for both sides. (Replace Patterson and/or Morris with whatever of their other assets you'd want in this fantasy trade.)

It's a pipe dream but it almost makes too much sense. The Rockets have 247410273 power forwards. The Spurs have none of any quality. The Rockets are more than willing to gamble on a center who looks good on a per-minute basis. The Spurs probably aren't interested in paying Splitter a boatload of money next summer.

Hmmm......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see anyway the Spurs hold onto both Bonner and Blair next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno beats me to the punch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the chances the Bulls match on Asik?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno beats me to the punch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on how the Dwight Howard situation shakes out, a Rockets deal could be a really interesting way to improve the team without using cap space. If they don't land Howard, the Rockets are going to need a center pretty badly.

I could definitely see Splitter being the kind of player that Morey would be willing to bet on. And really, he could be a really useful pickup for them.

That would also explain the dead silence out of the Spurs front office -- waiting to see where Howard lands before locking in any moves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see it, because this is probably the only way the Spurs can get Camby, by paying him more than the Heat can, because they'd get back three young assets for Splitter, who I doubt they want to pay in the neighborhood of $8M annually a season from now and because it would fit with their plan of trying to contend in the short term, while not clogging up the cap long term.

The problem is, this probably doesn't make the Spurs better and it could actually make them worse. Patterson is a third big, who's coming off a terrible season. Morris' upside is that of a third big. And the pick definitely wouldn't be one of their better ones, so the end result could potentially be no core long term building blocks, for an entering his prime starting center. It would answer a lot of questions as far as the big rotation is concerned, but if they're trading Splitter, they should be looking for something closer to a home run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? Have we stumbled upon what the Spurs may be trying to do? "As things develop" could very well be regarding Asik. It also somewhat jives with what Lorbek is saying.

Splitter for Camby, one of their power forwards and that Toronto guaranteed lottery pick

With the MLE, go get Diaw and/or Lorbek.

Interesting ............

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something like Splitter + Bonner for Camby, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris and a pick makes a lot of sense for both sides. (Replace Patterson and/or Morris with whatever of their other assets you'd want in this fantasy trade.)
    Make a pair of first round picks ... take Leuer if they insist. Don't take Morris (I don't think I'd want Patterson either). I'd value a 2nd round pick more than either of them (they take roster spots and 1st round money for not much...). The only other thing of interest on Houston's roster is their recent draft pick and Donata Moietjunas, which I really doubt they will let us touch.

I would approve of a Splitter + Bonner S&T for Camby plus assets(preferably a couple of 1sts, say 2015 and 2017). I still hope we could get Lorbek and Diaw in the MLE

C - Duncan, Camby
    PF - Diaw, Lorbek, Blair,

I'd still love to see Kirilenko though, especially if we could do something clever with either Diaw or Lorbek.

Duncan, Kirilenko, Camby, Diaw/Lorbek, Blair... That's a front line.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? Have we stumbled upon what the Spurs may be trying to do? "As things develop" could very well be regarding Asik. It also somewhat jives with what Lorbek is saying.

Splitter for Camby, one of their power forwards and that Toronto guaranteed lottery pick

With the MLE, go get Diaw and/or Lorbek.

Interesting ............
    Or maybe Bucks would like to S&T Ilyasova for Splitter and somebody else, so Spurs need to sign another center.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe Rockets want to get Splitter and offer him $8m per year?

Thread Information