Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd have to want to be with the Heat pretty badly to sign for the minimum when he can get a lot more elsewhere.
    I like the spurs chances.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a great offseason if they could pull off a trade with Houston.

Sign & trade of Splitter, Bonner, & Neal for Camby, Lee, & Houston's 1st round pick. If they don't want to give up pick then try & see if they would swap 1st round picks.

Of course acquiring Lee would mean that there is no need for Green so maybe spurs could sign & trade Green to Utah for a draft pick or picks.

Leaving the spurs with both MLE & BAE to fix the problem at PF

Probably just a pipe dream though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter could probably average 20 and 10 with McHale coaching him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But only because his MPG would increase.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    camby's health is going to be shaky at the age of 38, 39 by next year's playoffs. it'll be such a waste if the spurs trade splitter for camby just for him to sit out a majority of next season. they will definitely need to get patterson in return since he fits the best with the spurs.

then of course, splitter will go on to win MIP next year on the rockets and the spur fanbase will collectively cut themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, 15 and 9.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    therealtruth might not be far off the mark... This season he averaged 17.6 and 9.8 per 36 minutes. If he was playing 36 mpg, he might get damn close...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Camby considering Knicks, Heat, Rockets, Mavs and Spurs while Brooklyn is emerging as a "dark horse." Houston is open to a sign and trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder when he's actually going to narrow down his list...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    therealtruth might not be far off the mark... This season he averaged 17.6 and 9.8 per 36 minutes. If he was playing 36 mpg, he might get damn close...
    You seriously think Splitter can average 20 and 10? Just because he was effective with the Spurs as the second best big man who thrived off pick and rolls, doesn't mean that Rocket players are going to stop ball hogging and he's def. not going to go near those numbers with all those young guys that have something to prove.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Camby considering Knicks, Heat, Rockets, Mavs and Spurs while Brooklyn is emerging as a "dark horse." Houston is open to a sign and trade
    Here's to hoping.
    Last edited by Sense; 07-07-2012 at 01:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those sorts of claims always make me laugh. Last year, there were 3 guys in the entire NBA who averaged 20 and 10:

Kevin Love -- 26.0 PPG, 13.3 RPG
    Blake Griffin -- 20.7, 10.9
    Dwight Howard -- 20.6, 14.5

Since 2008, there are only 7 guys that have pulled off 20/10 seasons: Chris Bosh (x2), Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard (x2), Al Jefferson, David Lee, Kevin Love, Zach Randolph (x3).

In fact, there are only 16 guys in the entire league who even managed 15 and 8 last season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

I guess we have to hope the bulls match that Asik offer sheet.

With Allen signing at Heat, Miami would have to do a S&T to land camby no? And if so their tradable assets look ty.

Mavs, hmm. Adding Camby seems inconsistent with Cuban's stated goal for not tying up his precious cap space.

I'm less familiar with the Knicks and Nets financial situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Heat want to land their next free-agent target, veteran center Marcus Camby, Riley is going have to make the same sale or likely lose out to the New York Knicks.

Camby's current starting point for salary, sources said, is $3 million per season on a multiyear deal. The only way for the Heat to make that work is a sign-and-trade with the Houston Rockets, who own Camby's rights. The Rockets, however, are interested in a sign-and-trade with the Knicks but not with the Heat, sources told ESPN.com.

The Knicks, sources said, have had discussions with the Rockets about Camby and the Dallas Mavericks about a sign-and-trade for free agent Jason Kidd, who agreed to join the Knicks earlier this week. The Knicks are hoping to make a sign-and-trade deal for one of them and use their $3.09 mid-level exception to sign the other.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...t-marcus-camby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end, I hope Spurs won't get Camby.

Getting Camby would mean trading Splitter and, unless Spurs get an amazing return, which is unlikely after his playoffs, I'm against it. Good centers are damn hard to find. Spurs have one with Splitter, they better keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Getting Camby would mean trading Splitter and, unless Spurs get an amazing return, which is unlikely after his playoffs, I'm against it. Good centers are damn hard to find. Spurs have one with Splitter, they better keep him.
    Have to agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I'd give Splitter a 3 year 25 mil contract after this season.

He's not the youngest player already. OKC took the p&r away and Splitter was basically useless out there. He has no jumper, little back to the basket game. he's good defensively but isn't great.

I wouldn't do a Splitter for Camby straight up swap for sure but if it brought somebody like Patterson or a young PF or even a 1st round draft pick I would be interested.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh i agree; I don't consider Camby the prize in the trade but more so what it may bring back. Houston has a lot of interesting 4s and giving up a decent 5 may be wroth it if you believe TD and Camby can hold down the 5 spot for the Spurs for the next 2 years.

That said I'm still puzzled by the Lorbek comment bc he seems like the 4 we'd want. TD and Splitter at the 5, is arguably the best in the League.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm 50/50; it would depend on the exact return. But whether you're for or against it, can this team ever get who they want? I didn't at all want Butler or Howard last off season, but still, they wanted them and as usual, they were turned down. Butler made a lot more going to the Clippers, but Howard? Him turning them down made zero sense. Just like Hill and Martin turning them down did. First class organization, still a le contender (even if the odds are extremely slim) and yet every credible or used to be credible veteran seems to spurn this team, outside of Diaw, for obvious reasons. It's unbelievable.

I know it's not over yet, but the Knicks, seriously? He can't play with Chandler and Chandler is going to eat up roughly 33 mpg. Why would he want to play roughly 15 mpg, on a non contender, when he can play 20 mpg, play for a contender, make more money and do all of this close to his off season home?

As far as Splitter, I like him, but he's soft, not all that durable, probably won't ever have the stamina to be more than a high 20's, maybe 30 mpg player and he doesn't do enough center type things well, like shot blocking, rebounding and post defending. Since they won't have much committed salary after next season, it wouldn't kill them to give him something like $8M annually, but I could understand them not wanting to pay him that either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seriously think Splitter can average 20 and 10? Just because he was effective with the Spurs as the second best big man who thrived off pick and rolls, doesn't mean that Rocket players are going to stop ball hogging and he's def. not going to go near those numbers with all those young guys that have something to prove.

Here's to hoping.
    People have short memory. There was a point in the season where Splitter was more than a pick and roll player and could actually score on the low block. McHale being a big man coach would recognize his potential on the low block and try playing through him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Passing mention of the Spurs in an occasional reference doesn't bode well for them. Spurs should just roll with Lorbek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People have short memory. There was a point in the season where Splitter was more than a pick and roll player and could actually score on the low block. McHale being a big man coach would recognize his potential on the low block and try playing through him.
    Did you watch the WCF? Splitter could not do 1 thing once they took the p&r away. Dude couldn't even effectively back down Fisher on the block when OKC started all that switching on the screens . It was pretty embarrassing.

Even Bonner plays well during the regular season against the Kings and all the other scrubs.

Splitter can not play with his back to the basket against good defensive big men. Not even close, and tbh not many players these days can.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While camby would be a nice addition, I don't want him at the expense of Tiago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Camby's current starting point for salary, sources said, is $3 million per season on a multiyear deal. The only way for the Heat to make that work is a sign-and-trade with the Houston Rockets, who own Camby's rights. The Rockets, however, are interested in a sign-and-trade with the Knicks but not with the Heat, sources told ESPN.com. ESPN.com"

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ken Berger: Marcus Camby has postponed his visit with the Heat and will meet with the Knicks tomorrow, league source tells @CBSSports.

It sounds like the Knicks may very well be about to land Camby.

Yeah, I'm not super high on Camby. If that's the way the Spurs want to go, I'd only approve if they get a good return from the Rockets. Otherwise, the downgrade from Splitter to Camby is too large -- especially when you factor in Splitter potentially improving in the next couple years and Camby potentially falling off a cliff.

I still think the first thing the Spurs need to do outside of Duncan is bring back Diaw. He fits well and gives the Spurs a pretty damn high ceiling, relatively speaking.

Thread Information