Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Ayon is a great get in a sign-and-trade. I don't think Anderson is even that much better than Ayon.

I don't really understand this trade from the Hornets end. Anderson is useful in spacing the floor but who is he spacing the court for in N.O.? Unibrow doesn't seem like he'll become a dominant post player anytime soon. I'd think Ayon fits better next to Davis, especially as a rookie.

I wonder if the Hornets did this with the idea of letting Phoenix have Gordon. I guess this would be one way to replace his scoring...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do. Not. Want.

He's a slightly better version of Matt Bonner which isn't saying much. Besides, I would rather have Diaw, who is the more realistic signing.
    Honestly, I think he's a worse version of Bonner. New Orleans is making moves almost as stupid as last year when they tried to trade CP3 for Scola, Odom, and Martin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see the contract details. Will almost certainly start north of 8M per.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as Anderson has been in the playoffs, he is still a solid regular season guy.
    So it's a double whammy: not only do you get shameful playoff production, but also get a worse draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure - but purely from a skillset/production standpoint - they got him cheaper than "the market" would normally be.

Most of us know that from a value/impact perspective, Anderson isn't great, but that is not how the NBA works. NO got him for a good deal in a bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see the contract details. Will almost certainly start north of 8M per.
    $8 million a year long-term for Bonner.

The Angels/Spirit/Voodoo would be better off with the Heineken Looter as GM over Demps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO got him for a good deal in a bubble.
    First of all, I love it every time you do that bubble thing.

Second, even in your bubble, how can say it was a good deal until you know the contract details?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha...I was just thinking about how much he uses that reference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Second, even in your bubble, how can say it was a good deal until you know the contract details?
    I wasn't talking about the contract details - I was talking about the assets they had to give up in the trade (probably was not clear about that) to get him and nothing else (hence the "bubble").

I said I like the deal for ORL regardless first - I was just doing an aside that he was pretty cheap (from an asset perspective) for NO initially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha...I was just thinking about how much he uses that reference.
    Don't burst my bubble fools (don't know why I am doing that more -it's something I never used to say).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't talking about the contract details - I was talking about the assets they had to give up in the trade (probably was not clear about that) to get him and nothing else (hence the "bubble").
    To me, it's all about the contract. Anderson was a free agent and Orlando was unlikely to match a rich offer sheet. Ayon was the price they paid to remove all doubt. The real price of acquiring Anderson will be his contract. And when we see 4/32 or 4/40 then it will be a very bad deal for the Hornets, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, it's all about the contract. Anderson was a free agent and Orlando was unlikely to match a rich offer sheet. Ayon was the price they paid to remove all doubt. The real price of acquiring Anderson will be his contract. And when we see 4/32 or 4/40 then it will be a very bad deal for the Hornets, IMO.
    I agree - for me to assess the deal entirely, we need to see the contract.

But I was speaking more to the point that if we all were sitting around and discussing packages to ORL for a S&T, most of us would have put the initial price (taking the contract details out of it) to more than just Ayon (although I like Ayon a lot). That's all I was referring to.

But, ya, he is about to get vastly overpaid (he should be no more than a 5-6m a year player from an impact perspective, but will get at least what you mentioned).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sources say that trade talks with the Magic have progressed quickly once Orlando officials decided that they would not want to match an offer to Anderson expected to pay him an annual salary in the $8 million range.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...ic-sources-say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense - his regular season numbers, plus his age put him in at least that range when you look at the contracts for other bigs right now (which is silly and the price of big men is way out of line for the talent in the league).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The New Orleans Hornets agreement with Ryan Anderson is four years, approximately $36 million, league sources tell Y! Sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Approx 36, means it's more like 30-32 with bonuses to get him to 36. So even if it's 8M a year guaranteed, that is still a hefty contract. Better hope he continues to rebound at least at the level he has been, because that is what keeps his value north of Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my god, $9 million a year for one the worst postseason performers of my lifetime. All of a sudden the Rockets' deal with Asik sounds really reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But but he looks like Peja!

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Jeff Green got $10M per year. So much for the owners not being as stupid with the new CBA. Same as it ever was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can fix the rules but you can't fix intelligence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this in the free agency thread:

And take a look at this. There have been 908 players in NBA history who have played at least 400 minutes in the playoffs. Now place them in order by FG%. As one would expect our Red Rocket comes in at a dreadful 832nd out of 908.

Anderson is 905th of 908.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rder_by=fg_pct
    Ok nm

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Bonner, at more than twice the price.

Thread Information