Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a weird game this free agency is.

The Spurs offered DG a one year deal, but if the Knicks offer him a 3 year contract, the Spurs would match it?

Sounds like SA is torn between how long they want to keep him around then.
    Spurs didn't offer Green a deal. Just picked up his QO, making him a restricted FA. Now the Spurs have the rights to match any offer Green receives and he is forced to stay in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs didn't offer Green a deal. Just picked up his QO, making him a restricted FA. Now the Spurs have the rights to match any offer Green receives and he is forced to stay in SA.
    Any offer up to $5.1M/yr as I understand it.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Wild Cobra Kai said, Green signing with the Knicks would be a good thing. The Spurs would certainly match a 3yr/9M contract for Danny. On top of that, the Knicks would not be able to offer the mini-MLE to Camby, meaning that they could only acquire him via a sign and trade.
    Yup...it actually moves things along much more quickly. I think the Spurs will match into the 4 million/year range too. That's still cheap for a rotation SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some spurfans are so stupid. One terrible series and someones a choker. Green tries to shoot himself out of the slump and hes a chucker. If he wouldve stopped shooting he wouldve been a pussy and the next Bonner.

Spurs need to bring him back as long its less than 4-5 mill/yr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some spurfans are so stupid. One terrible series and someones a choker. Green tries to shoot himself out of the slump and hes a chucker. If he wouldve stopped shooting he wouldve been a pussy and the next Bonner.

Spurs need to bring him back as long its less than 4-5 mill/yr.
    So are you saying that the Spurs should offer between 4-5? or less than 4 million? I don't like that at all, especially for 5 million. The Spurs offered Stephen Jackson less than that in 2003 and Sjax was huge in the WCF against Dallas that year. Game 6 on the road, Sjax was gigantic at the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter, same as he was in game 6 against OKC. Spurs didn't offer Sjax that much and you're going to offer Green more for completely disappearing?

He didn't just have a bad series, he completely disappeared. You could say that Manu had a bad series overall, but Green disappeared completely. He was almost Bonner like. You don't go giving out big contracts to guys that completely disappear. Maybe I'm being too hard on Danny, but I just don't like the way he finished.

For the record I was a huge Danny Green fan all season. I was all for him getting playing time at the start of the season and keeping it, but he was really bad in the WCF. I'm definitely willing to give him another chance (unlike Bonner), but I don't want to overpay for it.

I know it's a different market and things are different now, but these contracts being handed out are too excessive this off season. 4 million or less is what I'd offer Green, not a cent more.
    Last edited by Ice009; 07-08-2012 at 09:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . He was almost Bonner like.
    A little Bonner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you saying that the Spurs should offer between 4-5? or less than 4 million? I don't like that at all, especially for 5 million. The Spurs offered Stephen Jackson less than that in 2003 and Sjax was huge in the WCF against Dallas that year. Game 6 on the road, Sjax was gigantic at the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter, same as he was in game 6 against OKC. Spurs didn't offer Sjax that much and you're going to offer Green more for completely disappearing?

He didn't just have a bad series, he completely disappeared. You could say that Manu had a bad series overall, but Green disappeared completely. He was almost Bonner like. You don't go giving out big contracts to guys that completely disappear. Maybe I'm being too hard on Danny, but I just don't like the way he finished.

For the record I was a huge Danny Green fan all season. I was all for him getting playing time at the start of the season and keeping it, but he was really bad in the WCF. I'm definitely willing to give him another chance (unlike Bonner), but I don't want to overpay for it.

I know it's a different market and things are different now, but these contracts being handed out are too excessive this off season. 4 million or less is what I'd offer Green, not a cent more.
    Saying Green disappeared is ridiculous. He still played ok defense. In fact if he played more he could have helped TP conserve energy on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green was a plus defender.

The only problem was that his amazing shooting in the last part of the season and the first two rounds came back to earth.

Then Pop didn't help by panicking and putting Manu in the starting lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of his ok defense, Green's got no balls. He pulled a Matt Bonner. If he stays, pay him in peanuts if you can....'nuff said.
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 07-09-2012 at 08:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green didn't pull a Bonner. Green was ultra-productive in the two previous playoff series. Despite him flaming out against the Thunder, Green already has a better playoff track record in 14 playoff games than Bonner has in his entire Spurs tenure. Bonner is a career-playoff choker.

Now if we're here in the next two seasons still talking about Green playoff struggles, then perhaps a comparison to Bonner can be made. Right now, trying to lump Green into Bonner's category is really a bad comparison. It's apples and oranges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing Green to Bonner actually IS unfair. He hasn't led the NBA in 3pt% or contributed on a championship winning team while Bonner has actually done that...

I suppose Roger Mason is a better comparison?
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 07-09-2012 at 09:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner was the fifth big on the depth chart in 2007, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless, Bonner has accomplished much more in his NBA career. Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Danny Green watch Kobe torch his team to the tune of 81 points?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was probably at home doing homework watching it happen on TV actually... -Wishing he was in the NBA getting torched for 81 by Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless, Bonner has accomplished much more in his NBA career. Period.
    Stupid comment. Spurs haven't also won a championship since Matt Bonner became a major part of the rotation.

and also calling Green a choker for having a bad series when majority of the team sucked as well.

Re ed ing logic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid comment. Spurs haven't also won a championship since Matt Bonner became a major part of the rotation.

and also calling Green a choker for having a bad series when majority of the team sucked as well.

Re ed ing logic.
    Ok you're right, he's a clutch performer...sorry
    ....give him 5mil/yr...

lol get off his already......
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 07-09-2012 at 09:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing Green to Bonner actually IS unfair. He hasn't led the NBA in 3pt% or contributed on a championship winning team while Bonner has actually done that...

I suppose Roger Mason is a better comparison?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way, I don't give a . I'm not actually trying to defend Bonner, in fact I hate him too...but a choke job is a choke job, and Danny Green in choked. Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by G-Dawgg's logic, I guess James White contributed to the 07 le as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by G-Dawgg's logic, I guess James White contributed to the 07 le as well.
    Bonner played in 56 games averaging 4.9 points per game in 11.7 minutes per game in the regular season in 07. That is a contribution regardless of how little. Those ppg's are comparable to Danny Green's production in the OKC series in a fraction of the court time and a way better fg% tbh
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 07-09-2012 at 10:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner chokes every single year, while for Danny it was his first year. And he only played ty against OKC, but who didn't? C'mon Dawgg, chill and stop kissing Bonner's ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey dude I get it. It's nothing personal. I'm just disappointed in him and I feel he shouldn't get a big payday after such a poor showing in a series in which we needed him to at least show up in. It's just my opinion and I'm sharing it. ... I said earlier, I'm actually not really trying to endorse Bonner over Green because I actually think he sucks too, but As I said a choke job is a choke job, and Green definately choked no if's and's or but's about it. You are right everybody didn't play as well as they could have, but Green's houdini act was easily the worst of all.
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 07-09-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you saying they should let Green walk and use one of the exceptions on a replacement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is a in choke-artist on the same scale as Roger Mason..
    stupid

Thread Information