Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner played in 56 games averaging 4.9 points per game in 11.7 minutes per game in the regular season in 07. That is a contribution regardless of how little. Those ppg's are comparable to Danny Green's production in the OKC series in a fraction of the court time and a way better fg% tbh
    comparing regular season production to a playoff series performance.

That's all I need to know to further discuss basketball with you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does it feel like people who were supporting him at the beginning of the year started to call him a choker?

On the other hand, people who were in favor of Anderson starting at the beginning of the year just said Green had one bad series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't led the NBA in 3pt% or contributed on a championship winning team while Bonner has actually done that...

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you saying that the Spurs should offer between 4-5? or less than 4 million? I don't like that at all, especially for 5 million. The Spurs offered Stephen Jackson less than that in 2003 and Sjax was huge in the WCF against Dallas that year. Game 6 on the road, Sjax was gigantic at the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter, same as he was in game 6 against OKC. Spurs didn't offer Sjax that much and you're going to offer Green more for completely disappearing?

He didn't just have a bad series, he completely disappeared. You could say that Manu had a bad series overall, but Green disappeared completely. He was almost Bonner like. You don't go giving out big contracts to guys that completely disappear. Maybe I'm being too hard on Danny, but I just don't like the way he finished.

For the record I was a huge Danny Green fan all season. I was all for him getting playing time at the start of the season and keeping it, but he was really bad in the WCF. I'm definitely willing to give him another chance (unlike Bonner), but I don't want to overpay for it.

I know it's a different market and things are different now, but these contracts being handed out are too excessive this off season. 4 million or less is what I'd offer Green, not a cent more.
    Different situation imo. Spurs had tons of cap room in the summer after the 03' season, they also had a young up and coming Ginobili ready to step in and be the starter. They dont have either of those luxuries this offseason.

I meant anything under 5 mill/yr. For a starting caliber two guard thats reasonable, and if Green develops further it could turn into a bargain imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol scrubs in FA gettin overpaid, while Green is settling for the spurs QO? really? i think his worth then what some 1 dimensional players in the league are earning or gettin offered this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just shows the Spurs FO is as rational as always. Why overpay for an asset?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Source says free agent Danny Green has agreed to return to San Antonio on a three-year deal, $12 million.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Source says free agent Danny Green has agreed to return to San Antonio on a three-year deal, $12 million.
    Great deal. Glad they got it done and we actually have some real news.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    Spurs to sign forward Danny Green to three-year, $12 million, source tells Yahoo!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    Danny Green's three-year, $12 million deal with the Spurs is totally guaranteed, source tells Y! Sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good deal. Just right $ wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good deal and a good role player. Doubly glad that Ferry did not try to steal him away.

Thread Information