Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2012-2013, a full MLE offer is $21.4M/4 years.
    That's not a horrible deal for Diaw but it's also not a bargain. Add in his iffy commitment in the past and it'd also be somewhat risky.

That said, the Spurs would need a solid alternative to say goodbye to Diaw if he's willing to sign for that price.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me Bruno, that was one of the more glaring differences in the CBA from a contract perspective.
    I'm pretty sure it was one of the major concessions by the players' union. That was the primary mechanism used both by tax-paying teams to get better and role players to get overpaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs might offer something a little bit below the MLE in order to offer Denmon contract using the MLE in the same mold of Dejuan Blair.

At this point, it's between Diaw and Lorbek and i haven't heard many news about Lorbek and his desire to be in the NBA anymore.

With the MLE, we won't get the perfect pair for Duncan or a game-changer to put us in another level. I would be ok with either Boris or Lorbek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs might offer something a little bit below the MLE in order to offer Denmon contract using the MLE in the same mold of Dejuan Blair.

At this point, it's between Diaw and Lorbek and i haven't heard many news about Lorbek and his desire to be in the NBA anymore.

With the MLE, we won't get the perfect pair for Duncan or a game-changer to put us in another level. I would be ok with either Boris or Lorbek.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A full MLE offer for Diaw? The Spurs would have to think about that. They'd have to see if they can get a cheaper replacement (or a comparable one with more potential). It'd also depend on whether they can sign Lorbek and if they think he's ready for a big role.

I might give a thumbs up to giving Diaw a full MLE offer, especially if someone like Asik is getting $8 million, but it will depend on how the market shakes out. It's not automatic.
    Asik probably has a lot more teams that want him. Driving his value up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asik is also a 25 year old 7 footer. Not a 30 year old, 6'8 pf with weight and commitment issues.

I like Diaw, thought he did a good job but not for the full MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love clowns that say "Full MLE? let him walk'

Theres no one as good to replace...
    True, though if it costs you Lorbek it may not be worth it. If Splitter gets an Asik-like deal or higher next year, the Spurs will need a ready replacement, and Lorbek us the only one in the pipeline that fits the bill.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    There is no Diaw replacement available. That became a certainty when they failed to draft Royce White. That combination of beef and ball skill is just not available.

They need to re-train him in camp. Pop needs an air horn and every time he caps one off, Boris MUST shoot the ball immediately in whatever drill they are in or scrimmage they are running. Do that a few hundred times, and he might understand when he's expected to shoot in our offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to re-train him in camp. Pop needs an air horn and every time he caps one off, Boris MUST shoot the ball immediately in whatever drill they are in or scrimmage they are running. Do that a few hundred times, and he might understand when he's expected to shoot in our offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No-trade clauses don't really exist in NBA.

What I've read in French press about Diaw is that he was looking for a $6M per year contract and even if he would like to come back to Spurs, he could go elsewhere too.

Even with all his defaults, a full MLE deal would be a fair deal for Diaw. Quality bigs are expensive.
    Thanks. They could give him a trade kicker, but considering that is based on the total remaining value of the contract, it wouldn't give Diaw any guarantee that he would remain with the Spurs in the future (assuming he wanted to).

And I didn't mean to imply Diaw is only worth 2 million, I think he's worth much more, but I was hoping there was something the Spurs could offer that would offset a smaller dollar figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude needs to get in shape before he gets any kind of deal IMO.

Pipe dream, tbh #cremebrulee

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, dude gets in shape and the Spurs will never be able to afford his ass.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, dude gets in shape and the Spurs will never be able to afford his ass.
    He is as we are spoken, he is training for the olympics and looking better and better.

I saw him personnaly at Vincennes at INSEP when they were running in the wood near my home and he is not as big as I thought, it is like he is melting right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually felt Diaw was one of our better players against OKC and Pop should have played him more. He's also probably our second best passer.

As good as Parker's passing has got he still struggles at getting struggling teammates going. Natural point guards understand how to get a guy who is struggling going. DG could have really used that.

It's not just passing the ball to the guy at the 3pt line and hoping they make it. It's about getting them easy baskets that build their confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Diaw in the starting lineup takes off the load from TP, especially when he gets double teamed or shut down by long defenders.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Diaw's weight against the bigger teams helped a lot, but against OKC would have probably been better if he was the slimmer Diaw. If he could have guarded out on the perimeter that would have helped a lot IMO. Plus, he's got to be more aggressive shooting the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any update on this guy between the Spurs and him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd oddly quiet regarding Diaw. There's almost no talk of him going elsewhere.

Putting on my tinfoil hat, maybe the Spurs already have a deal with him and that's why he's playing for the FNT. It'd be pretty risky to play these little exhibition games if he didn't know where he's going to play next year. And the Spurs and Diaw wouldn't have any reason to let an agreement leak to the media before the 11th.

If that's not the case, has Diaw ever said that he wants a contract before the Olympics. I know Mills has said something like that but I don't remember that coming from Diaw.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...with all the names and numbers flying around and not even a mention of his name it seems more and more likely he will re-sign. With the Parker connection and his issues with the Bobcats last season perhaps teams aren't even bothering to call.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought from the moment he signed that it was a virtual foregone conclusion he'd re-sign. I knew he'd be a good fit and would love playing with the Spurs and I figured that he'd view this as a new lease on (basketball) life, to the point that he'd probably even give them a slight hometown discount.

I'm guessing the holdup is probably the Spurs trying to see if they can get Lorbek, to take the remainder of the MLE. If he refuses, Diaw probably get's a bigger piece of it. The only scenario I could see him not returning in, is if they decide to offer Kirilenko the full MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not a single rumor about Diaw but with all the latest rumors, it seems more and more obvious that re-signing Diaw is the way to go for Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not a single rumor about Diaw but with all the latest rumors, it seems more and more obvious that re-signing Diaw is the way to go for Spurs.
    It has been all along. Nice if they can get him for three years rather four and if he would leave enough room under the full MLE to sign another player to a Blair-sized contract

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is weird that no rumor connected to Diaw or Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is weird that no rumor connected to Diaw or Green.
    Not really.

There's no news on the majority of NBA free agents.

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2012/

Thread Information