Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say give Duncan what he wants. I don't expect to want $20 mil/season, but if he wants a 5 year contract, I say we give it to him. If he wants a 2 year, we give it to him.

Granted his production will not match what he can produce these days, but we never paid enough when it did. He's the reason we have 4 les and been one of the best franchises in all of professional sports.

Yeah, we may suck in 2-3 years, but at this point who cares. I think Duncan will want to get paid some, but not to the point the spurs can't remain compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say give Duncan what he wants. I don't expect to want $20 mil/season, but if he wants a 5 year contract, I say we give it to him. If he wants a 2 year, we give it to him.

Granted his production will not match what he can produce these days, but we never paid enough when it did. He's the reason we have 4 les and been one of the best franchises in all of professional sports.

Yeah, we may suck in 2-3 years, but at this point who cares. I think Duncan will want to get paid some, but not to the point the spurs can't remain compe ive.
    There is no chance in , that they give Duncan a blank-check on a 5 year contract. His payday came with this past extension. I wouldn't mind overpaying beyond what he can produce by a million or 2, but anything beyond $12 million a season is highway robbery.

He has made over $200 million from the Spurs, on-top of local and national sponsorships. If he really wanted to make more money, he would have taken more national endorsement deals throughout his career. But the Spurs paid him fairly. I'm all for giving him credit and thanking him for his service. If you want to give him an extra year with some guaranteed money, so he can get paid his first season into retirement, fine. But you don't start paying for a player's production in the past, unless you don't want the team to have any success in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anything above 10 million is to much duncan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all depends on if Duncan really wants to win a championship. He knows that we will need more then the MLE in order to get two good players on this team to make a difference next year. How about three year at eighteen mill.

Thread Information