Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A Texas father has not been arrested and is unlikely to face charges after he beat a man to death for trying to molest his 4-year-old daughter at their rural ranch, authorities said Monday.

Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the father, whose name has not been released, said no evidence so far has led investigators to doubt his story.

"There doesn't appear to be any reason other than what he told us," Harmon said.

Harmon described the man as "very remorseful" after the Saturday killing.

"I don't think it was his intent for the man to die," Harmon told the Victoria Advocate. The man's grandfather also said his son was "sorry" and the killing was an "accident."

Harmon said the victim was a 47-year-old man from Gonazles with no apparent prior criminal history. His name continued to be withheld Monday because authorities still hadn't tracked down any of his family.

The victim was an "acquaintance" of the father who had come to help care for some horses, Harmon said. He did not know how long the two men may have known each other. The girl was taken to a hospital to be examined and has since been released, Harmon said.

The father called police late Saturday afternoon and told them he attacked a man caught trying to sexually assault his daughter, Harmon said. The alleged attack happened near a barn where some horses were being kept.

"In the course of trying to get her away from him, and protect her, he struck the subject several times in the head and the subject died," Harmon said.

Harmon said a grand jury will decide what, if any, charges the father will face. No charges have yet been filed.

The victim's body was sent to the Travis County medical examiner for an autopsy.

The ranch near Shiner is about 130 miles east of Houston. Killings are rare in rural Lavaca County: Harmon said his office has only investigated six since in his eight years as sheriff.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/11...#ixzz1xXhzXSId

I do love a happy ending.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    good for him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sounds about right.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can we send money for his legal defense if it comes to that?

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    yeah that's what im thinking no way should he be prosecuted. i'd have done the same damn thing without blinking an eye.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's how things should be.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not sure I'd jump to conclusions, could have been set up, could've brought a man he wanted to kill there and purposely bring his daughter along to create that story.

But yeah, obviously if he really was trying to molest the girl then there is nothing more to see/hear.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I'd do it. Justifiable homicide.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's how things should be.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sweet. Hope the little girl gets over it without long term psycho problems. Glad the SOB is dead.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Tbh seems fishy.......

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    lynchmob is out

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Lefty just got lost

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tbh seems fishy.......
    Nah, she was too young for that.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Nah, she was too young for that.
    Ok, I set up the joke like you asked, can I get my $5 now?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Booyaa, I'd buy that dude a beer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As long as his story holds up, this man is a hero

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    How can you prove his story wrong? What evidence supports his story?

Seems odd. Dont get me wrong, if you walked in on some dude perving your daughter, death is imminent.

But in the eyes of the law, there are only two people who know what happened and dead men dont talk.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the perfect crime?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    4 year olds talk too and i'm pretty sure she'll give them the evidence they need

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics

Seems odd. Dont get me wrong, if you walked in on some dude perving your daughter, death is imminent.

But in the eyes of the law, there are only two people who know what happened and dead men dont talk.
    I can see a whole bunch of these now, since guys know they won't even be arrested and questioned. It's the new "shot while trying to escape", tbh,

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

it says they took the girl to a hospital for examination.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    a physical examination probably wont return anything but 99% of 4-year-olds will be able to tell/show exactly what happened

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Assuming there was something shady at play, how much control does a parent have over the access police would have to the child for questioning? They are allowed to be present right?

I could believe that a parent could coerce their kid into lying to police to cover them. Their presence in the room with the child might be enough to make the child stick to the story. I just wouldn't pin my hopes of freedom on a pre-schooler being able to lie convincingly and keep the story perfectly straight through multiple police interviews.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Assuming there was something shady at play, how much control does a parent have over the access police would have to the child for questioning? They are allowed to be present right?

I could believe that a parent could coerce their kid into lying to police to cover them. Their presence in the room with the child might be enough to make the child stick to the story. I just wouldn't pin my hopes of freedom on a pre-schooler being able to lie convincingly and keep the story perfectly straight through multiple police interviews.
    young kids are sometimes the best witnesses because they don't know how to lie or don't know how important it is (to the perpetrator) to hide the truth. If the cops wanted to interview her alone in a child advocacy center then they could do that if they felt the dad was hiding something. If dad isn't hiding anything then he should have no problem with it.

Thread Information