Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    regardless, boutons is right there is a gag order on doctors because a doctor told me
    Curious how you and your doctor know about this gag order on Texas doctors yet nothing shows up on an internet search. Given all the buzz about fracking and the abundance of environmentally concerned citizens who dislike a) Texas and b) the oil & gas industry I would have thought that someone out there would have been able to sniff this out. Must be one of those double secret probation type gag orders.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    because doctors aren't going to risk to go on the record. if they know they aren't supposed to do something, then they won't outside of a few angry rants to patients

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because doctors aren't going to risk to go on the record. if they know they aren't supposed to do something, then they won't outside of a few angry rants to patients
    , and don't forget that they are part of the conspiracy to make us continue to take Big Pharma's poisons.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you really think doctors want you to be healthy bro? there's no money in that. everything they give you just fixes one thing at the expense of something else so you come right back

it's why there isn't a cancer cure yet, there's money in treatment not in a cure

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ...and the wheels come completely off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you really think doctors want you to be healthy bro? there's no money in that. everything they give you just fixes one thing at the expense of something else so you come right back

it's why there isn't a cancer cure yet, there's money in treatment not in a cure
    No arguments here aside from I think there are still plenty of docs who do care about the patient.

Big Pharma would like nothing more than to create laws regulating and restricting natural treatments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread delivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys giving boutons are the wrong ones..my doctor said the exact same thing boutons is trying to tell you guys. he said that the fracking was the cause of my dads allergy problems and that he technically was not supposed to even be telling him that. said it with contempt too, he obviously doesn't like or agree with following that rule.
    Is your doctor a Geologist? Is boutons? No, but I am (I'm actually typing this from a wellsite right now). Do they understand the fracking process? Probably not, but I do. Your doctor knows how to diagnose your symptoms, but he doesn't know what he's talking about with fracking. There are a lot of people that sit within 100 feet of the well for hours on end. Wouldn't all these people be suffering immensely from such a direct exposure? If it were true the environmentalists would have been on it immediately. Environmentalists have been successful in creating a terrible distortion of fracking, they know people will just take their word for it without full investigation. They go to disgusting measures to make it happen.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this thread delivers.
    I hope next time you contribute esse!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Environmentalists have been successful in creating a terrible distortion of fracking"

You Lie

Where are the distortions?

why did head EXEMPT specifically (Halliburton's) fracking from EPA/Clean Water act?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there is gag order language in a ing oil and gas lease then its a custom one.

The Producers 88, aka the most common form out there contains no such language.

Until this is proven mavs>spurs and all others making this claim are full of , or believing doctors who are even more full of .

The oil and gas industry does some things in a shady manner, I'll be the first to admit that, their education of the public recently over what exactly fracking is and what goes into the process is a major point of contention. While not required to disclose whats in the fluids that are used in the process, they probably should, but will probably not do so until the government regulations force them to do so. Go cry to Congress over this big secret, they are the ones who allow the companies to not disclose the info; they disclose whatever the government tells them to do.

But as far as ing over landowners, they actually generally go above and beyond in working with landowners, especially when it comes to surface damages; the ones you hear about are by and large those that simply want to cause trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Environmentalists have been successful in creating a terrible distortion of fracking"

You Lie

why did head EXEMPT specifically (Halliburton's) fracking from EPA/Clean Water act?

In New York there was heavy propaganda to stop fracking in the Marcellus shale. An example of their pitiful mind games was to coin the term "drive-bys" for the traffic 18-wheelers in residential areas. Seriously? What a low move. It worked though, the papers started using the term.

Boutons, you are the liberal version of CC and WC so I won't even attempt to debate with you. Bottom line is YOU don't know what you're talking about and refuse to listen to those who do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In New York there was heavy propaganda to stop fracking in the Marcellus shale. An example of their pitiful mind games was to coin the term "drive-bys" for the traffic 18-wheelers in residential areas. Seriously? What a low move. It worked though, the papers started using the term.

Boutons, you are the liberal version of CC and WC so I won't even attempt to debate with you. Bottom line is YOU don't know what you're talking about and refuse to listen to those who do.
    I resent that comment on several levels.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    yeah CC isn't even close to WC as a right wing nut. His views are pretty sensible for the most part and he's independent on a lot of issues. I'd vote for someone with similar views to CC, no way I'd ever vote for someone with the views if WC

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

You Lie

He didn't. Again. :facepalm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like San Antonio, NYC takes its water out of the ground direct to the distribution system.

If fracking ed up that NY aquifer, do you really think the frackers would pays $10Bs to build and maintain the now-non-existent NYC water treatment plants?

Better safe than sorry, esp since the perps would get escape liability.

with assholes like you, it's let the corps do whatever the they want to do, and then let's see if Human-Americans, their land, water, air, health is ed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like San Antonio, NYC takes its water out of the ground direct to the distribution system.

If fracking ed up that NY aquifer, do you really think the frackers would pays $10Bs to build and maintain the now-non-existent NYC water treatment plants?

Better safe than sorry, esp since the perps would get escape liability.

with assholes like you, it's let the corps do whatever the they want to do, and then let's see if Human-Americans, their land, water, air, health is ed up.

This is what I'm talking about. Any Geologist will tell you that most major aquifers exist ~100ft down, in some extreme cases ~700 ft.That leaves literally more than a mile of sedimentary stratigraphy between the targeted formation and the aquifer above. Did you catch that? Are you even reading? Probably not. The hydraulic fractures typically reach up to 100 ft vertically and remain in the formation. Simply put, it's virtually impossible for those fractures to make their way up all the way into the ground water. When you consider the differing rigidness of superimposed rock lithologies, their porosity and permeability.... absolutely no way do the cracks or fluids make their way up there.

But that's not what you want to hear. Hopefully others will read this and understand fracking a little better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what goes in the hole is not the only source of pollution, dumb

the waste water comes back up full of all kinds of that went down and stuff that got picked up down there. MILLIONS of gallons PER WELL. And silicois is also a risk since sand goes down and up, in areas where wind-blown sand doesn't exist.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol. You realize the well bores are cased before fracking, right. Dumb .

Like I said in page two, if you'd pull your head out of your thinkprogess ass, you could almost make a case. But you can't be bothered to commit to rational thought and actual research.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    google "frac tank", bot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what does casing have to do with fracking fluid once it get out of the lower end of the casing and then comes back up and OUT of the casing?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    what does casing have to do with fracking fluid once it get out of the lower end of the casing and then comes back up and OUT of the casing?
    Make the case for this. Maybe a cite or two?

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol boutons

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you're talking about recovering the frac fluid/slurry, generally you run that into a frac tank. If not a tank, companies used to run it back into a lined receiving "pond" and then pump it to a tank. I don't think they do that much anymore. Cheaper to just rent a tank.

Thread Information