Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off Cena did start off as a heel, he wasn't always in the WWE. Totally disagree about him not playing the heel role, he did a great job.

The WWE simply doesn't have enought talent to have two shows and it's very obvious. They have what....8....if that big draws? Rasslin' has been around a long time, new talent always gets their chance.

Who was the most successful tag team ever, yep, The Roadwarriors. While Ryback and Ryan could never rival them (don't have the personality/look) they do have that size/power/intimidation. Look at the tag team scene right now, it sucks!

Triple H needs to play some role.
    Triple H is done...get over it. He has one match left against Lesnar and that'll be it. I'm not talking about OVW..I'm talking about WWE...never been a heel. If you know sports entertainment, which is what this is..not "rasslin" like you keep calling it, which is annoying as . This isn't the old where they tried to make people believe it was real. Cena would never work as a heel...and you want to talk about bad for business? Do you know how much money is made off Cena merch to kids? If he went heel, there goes that money. Not gonna happen..give that a rest too. I didn't say they had a lot of draws...I said they had a lot of up and coming talent. If you put it in one show, you're taking away the opportunity for the young guys to be displayed. You take that away, you take away from the future of the business. You can't just run the main eventers like Sheamus, Cena, Punk, Show, etc. into the ground and then expect to throw young guys into the limelight from nowhere when they're done and expect the fans to just accept that. They have to work their way there. That's why they have Smackdown, Main Event, etc. Without those shows, WWE would not last another decade. As far as tag teams, and we're talking about WWE here, again...not every other show...I'd put Edge and Christian above Road Warriors as far as success. You can't deny that. And yes..the tag team division does suck. But making a dominant tag team that beats every other team easily isn't going to fix it. You need a rivalry. What brought the tag team division out of a rut last time? The 3 way fued between E&C, The Hardyz, and the Dudleys. It's going to take several talented tag teams to come out of the rut..and they're working on it. With Rey and Sin Cara and Rhodes Scholars, you have 4 very talented wrestlers...if they can keep up a fued, it'll be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way..just watched that video...if you think that was a good heel job, you're out of your mind. It was hilarious. The fans would love that and eat it up. That is NOT a heel promo in today's WWE.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Triple H is done...get over it. He has one match left against Lesnar and that'll be it. I'm not talking about OVW..I'm talking about WWE...never been a heel. If you know sports entertainment, which is what this is..not "rasslin" like you keep calling it, which is annoying as . This isn't the old where they tried to make people believe it was real. Cena would never work as a heel...and you want to talk about bad for business? Do you know how much money is made off Cena merch to kids? If he went heel, there goes that money. Not gonna happen..give that a rest too. I didn't say they had a lot of draws...I said they had a lot of up and coming talent. If you put it in one show, you're taking away the opportunity for the young guys to be displayed. You take that away, you take away from the future of the business. You can't just run the main eventers like Sheamus, Cena, Punk, Show, etc. into the ground and then expect to throw young guys into the limelight from nowhere when they're done and expect the fans to just accept that. They have to work their way there. That's why they have Smackdown, Main Event, etc. Without those shows, WWE would not last another decade. As far as tag teams, and we're talking about WWE here, again...not every other show...I'd put Edge and Christian above Road Warriors as far as success. You can't deny that. And yes..the tag team division does suck. But making a dominant tag team that beats every other team easily isn't going to fix it. You need a rivalry. What brought the tag team division out of a rut last time? The 3 way fued between E&C, The Hardyz, and the Dudleys. It's going to take several talented tag teams to come out of the rut..and they're working on it. With Rey and Sin Cara and Rhodes Scholars, you have 4 very talented wrestlers...if they can keep up a fued, it'll be interesting.
    You might have been talking about the WWE I was talking about when he first got in the business as I mentioned, he was a heel. That is a fact!

Who you talking to? Dude, save the sermon bull , ok? I 'm well aware of what the rasslin' is, was and will be so save all that ....ok?

Bull , about taking away the future of the business by dumping Smackdown. Territories had one TV show per week for decades, the business was hurt, are you kidding me?

Do you know anything at all about The Roadwarriors? Try....AWA, NWA, WWF...world champions, Edge and Christian wouldn't make a pimple on their ass.

yes Cena would make a great heel, in case you haven't noticed people want to boo him anyway. Obviously he'd have to drop a lot of the stuff he does now.

Why do they keep getting Hart, Stone Cold, Piper, Foley involved, yep, they have "it", well so does Triple H. So get him involved in some capacity.

I can't believe you think Edge and Christian were on a par with The Roadwarriors, the biz has never seen a tag team like The Roadwarriors.

I'm well aware that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is the bottom line here, I mentioned that already so I know why things are done like they are. I realize I'm fantazing a bit, I made that clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might have been talking about the WWE I was talking about when he first got in the business as I mentioned, he was a heel. That is a fact!

Who you talking to? Dude, save the sermon bull , ok? I 'm well aware of what the rasslin' is, was and will be so save all that ....ok?

Bull , about taking away the future of the business by dumping Smackdown. Territories had one TV show per week for decades, the business was hurt, are you kidding me?

Do you know anything at all about The Roadwarriors? Try....AWA, NWA, WWF...world champions, Edge and Christian wouldn't make a pimple on their ass.

yes Cena would make a great heel, in case you haven't noticed people want to boo him anyway. Obviously he'd have to drop a lot of the stuff he does now.

Why do they keep getting Hart, Stone Cold, Piper, Foley involved, yep, they have "it", well so does Triple H. So get him involved in some capacity.

I can't believe you think Edge and Christian were on a par with The Roadwarriors, the biz has never seen a tag team like The Roadwarriors.

I'm well aware that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is the bottom line here, I mentioned that already so I know why things are done like they are. I realize I'm fantazing a bit, I made that clear.
    I think you missed everything I said...and that's understandable..you're so damn worried about getting up on your soap box that you don't give a about anything anyone says..even if it's common sense. First off...times have changed since the territories..this is all entertainment now. And there were many territories. Now, there's only one main organization. If they plan on staying there, they have to run things. One show will NOT be enough to allow the WWE to stay on top. Their ratings are already dropping like flies...if they drop the other shows, that's a LOT of money lost, from attendance, to concessions. This business is about money...it's entertainment. You can't run it out of small town coliseums and high school gyms like you remember. Yes..I know the Road Warriors...the Legion of Doom...and this is a World Wrestling Entertainment thread. When we talk about WWE, Edge and Christian are above them...period. And yes...HHH should be involved..I agree. You said..and I quote... "put Triple H back in the ring." He cannot wrestle full time anymore..won't work. You can't just expect the old guys to go out there and expect the future to be successful. You have to allow guys like Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Ryback, Kofi Kingston to grow. If you had one show, they'd be on the back burner, and it would be all about Randy Orton, Show, Cena, Sheamus, Punk, etc...next thing you know, they're gone, and you've got nothing. Fantasy isn't reality...it wouldn't work. When you brought all this up, you said all that would fix the problems. Now, when we show you why it wouldn't work, you say you know why it's done, and you're just fantasizing. Mortgaging the future for the present isn't going to fix anything...it'll just make the future a of a lot worse.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you missed everything I said...and that's understandable..you're so damn worried about getting up on your soap box that you don't give a about anything anyone says..even if it's common sense. First off...times have changed since the territories..this is all entertainment now. And there were many territories. Now, there's only one main organization. If they plan on staying there, they have to run things. One show will NOT be enough to allow the WWE to stay on top. Their ratings are already dropping like flies...if they drop the other shows, that's a LOT of money lost, from attendance, to concessions. This business is about money...it's entertainment. You can't run it out of small town coliseums and high school gyms like you remember. Yes..I know the Road Warriors...the Legion of Doom...and this is a World Wrestling Entertainment thread. When we talk about WWE, Edge and Christian are above them...period. And yes...HHH should be involved..I agree. You said..and I quote... "put Triple H back in the ring." He cannot wrestle full time anymore..won't work. You can't just expect the old guys to go out there and expect the future to be successful. You have to allow guys like Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Ryback, Kofi Kingston to grow. If you had one show, they'd be on the back burner, and it would be all about Randy Orton, Show, Cena, Sheamus, Punk, etc...next thing you know, they're gone, and you've got nothing. Fantasy isn't reality...it wouldn't work. When you brought all this up, you said all that would fix the problems. Now, when we show you why it wouldn't work, you say you know why it's done, and you're just fantasizing. Mortgaging the future for the present isn't going to fix anything...it'll just make the future a of a lot worse.
    Why not try reading all my original post about all this. I think you missed something.

The rating are dropping because so many things are being done wrong. One is having the two shows, yep, totally disagree with you on that and I know others far more knowlegeable fans than you agreeing with me. Dump all those third rate talents. Have RAW and make it good.

Dude, it's been Sports Entertainment for how long now? Remember McMahon making it very clear to everyone it was all a show not to be taken seriously? I was just tossing out some things I think most of us would prefer to see. I made it very clear TWICE I was more fantazing than anything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not try reading all my original post about all this. I think you missed something.

The rating are dropping because so many things are being done wrong. One is having the two shows, yep, totally disagree with you on that and I know others far more knowlegeable fans than you agreeing with me. Dump all those third rate talents. Have RAW and make it good.

Dude, it's been Sports Entertainment for how long now? Remember McMahon making it very clear to everyone it was all a show not to be taken seriously? I was just tossing out some things I think most of us would prefer to see. I made it very clear TWICE I was more fantazing than anything else.
    LMAO...far more knowledgable fans than me...you don't even know me, scrub..don't go there. Things have changed..it's not the same as it used to be. Getting rid of the other shows kills your future, because it allows less young superstars to be seen...period. WWE fans have to see someone for a while before they'll start taking them seriously. A lot of those "third rate talents" are actually first rate talents that haven't been seen, or second rate talents that need exposure. Before you said you were fantasizing, you said that everything you were saying would "fix" the WWE. The current superstars are older...if you have only Raw, you have only them...then, when they're done, where are you? "Fix" it? ...you'd destroy it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO...far more knowledgable fans than me...you don't even know me, scrub..don't go there. Things have changed..it's not the same as it used to be. Getting rid of the other shows kills your future, because it allows less young superstars to be seen...period. WWE fans have to see someone for a while before they'll start taking them seriously. A lot of those "third rate talents" are actually first rate talents that haven't been seen, or second rate talents that need exposure. Before you said you were fantasizing, you said that everything you were saying would "fix" the WWE. The current superstars are older...if you have only Raw, you have only them...then, when they're done, where are you? "Fix" it? ...you'd destroy it.
    Don't call me names dude, got it!

Apparently I'm not making myself clear, yes it's changed, ya think? Who isn't aware of that? But has it changed for the best, that would be a no it hasn't. Yes there are a lot of things that could make things better. I was talking about what some of those things could be, do you really think I think they are dumping the girls, come on man.

You are totally wrong however about the need for Smackdown, if it didn't exist it wouldn't make any difference at all other than the $$$$$$$$$ of course. didn't they make it just fine before Smackdown, sure they did.

Look guy, I realize everything is about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$, we all know that. I ws talking about from a fans perspective, not what's best for the WWE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't call me names dude, got it!

Apparently I'm not making myself clear, yes it's changed, ya think? Who isn't aware of that? But has it changed for the best, that would be a no it hasn't. Yes there are a lot of things that could make things better. I was talking about what some of those things could be, do you really think I think they are dumping the girls, come on man.

You are totally wrong however about the need for Smackdown, if it didn't exist it wouldn't make any difference at all other than the $$$$$$$$$ of course. didn't they make it just fine before Smackdown, sure they did.

Look guy, I realize everything is about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$, we all know that. I ws talking about from a fans perspective, not what's best for the WWE.
    OK..so you think getting rid of Smackdown is best for the WWE...so tell me...when the guys on top right now are done, which will probably be soon, as fast as your body wears down doing what they do...then what? If it's what's best for the WWE, you tell me what's going to happen when they're done? How are the new guys going to step in? You're not thinking clearly, dude...it's not going to work...

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK..so you think getting rid of Smackdown is best for the WWE...so tell me...when the guys on top right now are done, which will probably be soon, as fast as your body wears down doing what they do...then what? If it's what's best for the WWE, you tell me what's going to happen when they're done? How are the new guys going to step in? You're not thinking clearly, dude...it's not going to work...
    Told you not to talk to him, it's like talking to a dumb dog

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're trying to tell me this, that all those decades of pro rasslin' we've seen it was all done wrong? What did the biz do before Smackdown? The WWE doesn't need Smackdown, to think it does tells me you don't have a clue what's going on. Are you telling me that for some reason Smackdown was cancelled by the network there goes the WWE? Do you really believe that? Dude, you couldn't be more wrong.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told you not to talk to him, it's like talking to a dumb dog
    Do you know anything at all about anything? Dude, you got to be the dumbest poster I've ever come across, you don't know anything at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're trying to tell me this, that all those decades of pro rasslin' we've seen it was all done wrong? What did the biz do before Smackdown? The WWE doesn't need Smackdown, to think it does tells me you don't have a clue what's going on. Are you telling me that for some reason Smackdown was cancelled by the network there goes the WWE? Do you really believe that? Dude, you couldn't be more wrong.
    You're not getting it...the "business" didn't make NEAR the money it makes now. You're still not answering the same damn questions I keep asking you...you're so caught up in your own bull that you're not stopping to pay the attention...so..again.... if you get rid of Smackdown, and only have Raw and use the big stars...where is your future when those stars are done? You have to have more than 7 or 8 stars to make it. In the "rasslin" days as you call it, which are LONG gone, they had territories...each territory carried a certain amount of stars...that was all over the country. Territories don't exist. It's all WWE now..you have to keep the attention of the entire country. You're not going to to do that with only a few stars once a week. And even if you did...like I said..once the big guys are done, you have no future. If you want to mortgage the future for the present, you're going to kill the WWE...period. So then were they doing it "wrong" when they brought in Monday Night Raw as a second WWF show? Looks like it was pretty damn smart to me. Please dude...the obvious problem with the WWE is the PG attached to it. If it was NA like it used to be, it'd be as big, if not bigger than it ever was. The WWE is more about the entertainment than anything now...and yes...I'll be the first to tell you that all those decades of rasslin were done wrong. Actually, I'll be the second. Vince McMahon was the first one..and I think he's done pretty damn good in the business.

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    My god Avante...how re ed are you? Jesus Christ someone needs to put you out of your misery.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not getting it...the "business" didn't make NEAR the money it makes now. You're still not answering the same damn questions I keep asking you...you're so caught up in your own bull that you're not stopping to pay the attention...so..again.... if you get rid of Smackdown, and only have Raw and use the big stars...where is your future when those stars are done? You have to have more than 7 or 8 stars to make it. In the "rasslin" days as you call it, which are LONG gone, they had territories...each territory carried a certain amount of stars...that was all over the country. Territories don't exist. It's all WWE now..you have to keep the attention of the entire country. You're not going to to do that with only a few stars once a week. And even if you did...like I said..once the big guys are done, you have no future. If you want to mortgage the future for the present, you're going to kill the WWE...period. So then were they doing it "wrong" when they brought in Monday Night Raw as a second WWF show? Looks like it was pretty damn smart to me. Please dude...the obvious problem with the WWE is the PG attached to it. If it was NA like it used to be, it'd be as big, if not bigger than it ever was. The WWE is more about the entertainment than anything now...and yes...I'll be the first to tell you that all those decades of rasslin were done wrong. Actually, I'll be the second. Vince McMahon was the first one..and I think he's done pretty damn good in the business.
    You gotta be kidding me, how many times do I need to tell you I understand the $$$$$$$$$ aspect of it all? Yes I know today is not yesteryear,ok ok and ok? That however doesn't mean the WWE needs Smackdown, because they don't and if you think they do you are a fool. They made it just great pre-Smackdowmn and would make it just great post-Smackdown, no it's nothing like you think it is at all. We would still see the young talent emerge, just like we always did.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.Ok man done with you, you're wasting my time

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My god Avante...how re ed are you? Jesus Christ someone needs to put you out of your misery.
    Don't tell you also don't understasnd the business, sheesh~~~~~~~

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta be kidding me, how many times do I need to tell you I understand the $$$$$$$$$ aspect of it all? Yes I know today is not yesteryear,ok ok and ok? That however doesn't mean the WWE needs Smackdown, because they don't and if you think they do you are a fool. They made it just great pre-Smackdowmn and would make it just great post-Smackdown, no it's nothing like you think it is at all. We would still see the young talent emerge, just like we always did.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.Ok man done with you, you're wasting my time
    wow...you're not getting it...you're missing the whole damn point, and still won't answer ANY ING QUESTIONS! You say the WWE doesn't need Smackdown...so HOW IS THE WWE GOING TO HAVE A FUTURE?!?!? This isn't even about money. If you want a nice cable show that will last another 5 years, yeah, get rid of Smackdown. There's a reason the WWE has been around as long as it has..they have plenty of airtime to showcase their stars. If they eliminate all of it except Raw, there will be no future. You're not even trying to listen to my whole point. You're giving me a ing headache dude...I have no problems with you...but you're so ing caught up in your own head that you won't stop and listen to anything. If I'm wrong, tell me how? You tell me how a once a week 3 hour show is enough to showcase the mic and in ring abilities of enough stars and up and comers to make the WWE last and I'll admit I'm wrong. Go ahead....prove me wrong.

This ought to be good...

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow...you're not getting it...you're missing the whole damn point, and still won't answer ANY ING QUESTIONS! You say the WWE doesn't need Smackdown...so HOW IS THE WWE GOING TO HAVE A FUTURE?!?!? This isn't even about money. If you want a nice cable show that will last another 5 years, yeah, get rid of Smackdown. There's a reason the WWE has been around as long as it has..they have plenty of airtime to showcase their stars. If they eliminate all of it except Raw, there will be no future. You're not even trying to listen to my whole point. You're giving me a ing headache dude...I have no problems with you...but you're so ing caught up in your own head that you won't stop and listen to anything. If I'm wrong, tell me how? You tell me how a once a week 3 hour show is enough to showcase the mic and in ring abilities of enough stars and up and comers to make the WWE last and I'll admit I'm wrong. Go ahead....prove me wrong.

This ought to be good...
    Ok man....

As we know there was no Smackdown until 1999, so you are telling me that if the WWE had just remained Raw and we never had a Smackdown they would be out of business by now, is that what you are saying?

Let's say one of the skits pissed some big TV wig off at the Sci fi Network, there goes Smackdown and no other network is interested. You are telling me there goes the WWE, right?

Where did you get this idea the WWE needs all those third tier guys who will never amount to anything? Stop acting like there weren't successful wrestling organizations prior to today's WWE. Wrestling has always been a big success, it will always be a big success. If you think without Smackdown the WWE goes...KAPLUNK!!!!!!...you are dead/totally/absolutely/without a doubt wrong.

Drop Smackdown a dozen wrestlers or so and things would just keep rolling along just like they've beeen since the days of Ed "Strangler" Lewis.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-10-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Oops, sorry. Accidentally dropped in because I thought it read "Los Angeles Lakers" thread.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    HOLY STRONG WORK

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^rock is going to lose at RR...fck him

isnt brock lesnar still on contract with heyman? 3 weeks anything can happen...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fk u wanker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other news, Bully Ray is gonna be a Hogan

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

isnt brock lesnar still on contract with heyman? 3 weeks anything can happen...
    Rock's winning at the RR, Cena's winning the RR, maybe a tripple threat at wrestlemania. Rock's been confirmed for Elimination chamber so there's no way he loses. Lesner's gonna be facing HHH cause HHH want his win back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, here's the results from tonight's Rumble:

Alberto Del Rio defeated Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match after Ricardo Rodriguez taped Big Show's feet to the ropes so he couldn't get up.

Kane and Daniel Bryan retained their Tag Team les against Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow

Cena won the Rumble

CM Punk originally beat The Rock after the Arena went dark and The Rock was apparently attacked and put through the announcer's table by the Shield. CM Punk then threw Rock back in the ring for the 3 count. Vince McMahon came out after and was about to strip CM Punk of his le until The Rock got on the mic and told Vince that HE wanted to be the one to take the belt from CM Punk. The match was then restarted and The Rock beat CM Punk with a People's Elbow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i read the rock cmpunk wasnt much wrestling?

Thread Information