Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah..I don't see Cena winning it on Monday either, though I do see him getting the belt back in the fall. I hear Vince has a huge plan for a major angle that will get started at the end of the 1000th show. I'm so ing pumped about this episode. Gonna be amazing. I also hear Taker is going to return there...just another rumor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No....just no.

And where's Mr. Perfect? British Bulldog? You have Lex Freaking Luger ahead of Macho Man? Best Post '70s wrestlers? Where's Ric Flair? Undertaker? Mick Foley? Son..did you just copy and paste off some website mentioning names of good wrestlers? You need to brush up on your knowledge. The gall of putting Goldberg ahead of ANY of the names I just mentioned...just ing ridiculous.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No....just no.

And where's Mr. Perfect? British Bulldog? You have Lex Freaking Luger ahead of Macho Man? Best Post '70s wrestlers? Where's Ric Flair? Undertaker? Mick Foley? Son..did you just copy and paste off some website mentioning names of good wrestlers? You need to brush up on your knowledge. The gall of putting Goldberg ahead of ANY of the names I just mentioned...just ing ridiculous.
    Actually I've been a huge fan since the early 60's. My knowledge...hahaha!!!!!

Here ya go..

Top 10 pre 1970

1.Lou Thesz
    2.Bruno Sammartio
    3.Buddy Rogers
    4.Verne Gagne
    5.Killer Kowalski
    6.Edouard Carpentier
    7.Antonio Rocca
    8. the Brusier
    9.Fred Blassie
    10.The Sheik

Post 1970

1.Hulk Hogan
    2.Ric Flair
    3.Dusty Rhodes
    4.Randy Savage
    5.Shawn Michaels
    6.Triple H
    7.The Undertaker
    8.Stonecold Steve Austin
    9.The Rock
    10.John Cena

Top black rassler..Bobo Brazil
    Masked rassler...Mil Mascaras
    Musleman.."Superstar" Billy Graham
    Tag team..The Roadwarriors
    German..Fritz Von Erich
    Hispanic...Pedro Morales
    Russian...Ivan Koloff
    Cowboy..Cowboy Bob Ellis
    Mormon...Don Leo Jonathan
    Indian...Wahoo McDaneil
    Polynesian...Superfly Jimmy Snuka
    Last edited by Avante; 07-19-2012 at 11:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post 1970

1.Hulk Hogan
    2.Ric Flair
    3.Dusty Rhodes
    4.Randy Savage
    5.Shawn Michaels
    6.Triple H
    7.The Undertaker
    8.Stonecold Steve Austin
    9.The Rock
    10.John Cena
    That's a lot better...But still way off in my opinion. The greatest of all time imo is HBK. Nobody put his body on the line more and had better mic work than Shawn. He was a natural. And Austin, Taker, HHH and Savage all deserve to be above Rhodes...I'd say Rock does too. Rhodes should be 9th, if in the top 10 at all. I think you're overrating him immensely. I'd put Perfect ahead of him, honestly.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lot better...But still way off in my opinion. The greatest of all time imo is HBK. Nobody put his body on the line more and had better mic work than Shawn. He was a natural. And Austin, Taker, HHH and Savage all deserve to be above Rhodes...I'd say Rock does too. Rhodes should be 9th, if in the top 10 at all. I think you're overrating him immensely. I'd put Perfect ahead of him, honestly.
    You must not know much about the American Dream.

Shawn Michaels was never on a par with Hogan or Flair, never! Im talking impact, not rasslin' skills. As we know mic skills/selling your character are above actual ring talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shawn Michaels was never on a par with Hogan or Flair, never! Im talking impact, not rasslin' skills. As we know mic skills/selling your character are above actual ring talent.
    If that's your argument, stone cold should be way higher on that list.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who does he belong ahead of?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Impact, yes...I can agree about Hogan and Flair ahead of HBK. And Rhodes..I know a lot about Rhodes...I stand behind my earlier comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% agree
    If we're going impact, Austin is Top 3 at least. He ushered in the At ude era, which saved wrestling in it's modern state. Without Austin there is no At ude era. Without the At ude Era, wrestling isn't what it is today. Therefore, in your comment about impact being most important, it could be argued that Austin is #1 all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Austin is the most popular wrestler of all time, and he did it in about a four year span. He brought in a whole different demographic to who was watching wrestling, probably sold more merchandise than anyone ever has, and like the poster above mentioned was the leader of the at ude era. Without the at ude era wwe would probably be bankrupt right now. I would have him at one or two only behind Hogan because of the impact of the nWo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Austin is the most popular wrestler of all time, and he did it in about a four year span. He brought in a whole different demographic to who was watching wrestling, probably sold more merchandise than anyone ever has, and like the poster above mentioned was the leader of the at ude era. Without the at ude era wwe would probably be bankrupt right now. I would have him at one or two only behind Hogan because of the impact of the nWo.
    I agree with you 95% on this one. Hogan would probably be number one ahead of Austin but not because of the impact of the nWo. I think the impact behind Hulkamania was bigger than the impact behind the nWo. Without Hulkamania, wrestling isn't around at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you 95% on this one. Hogan would probably be number one ahead of Austin but not because of the impact of the nWo. I think the impact behind Hulkamania was bigger than the impact behind the nWo. Without Hulkamania, wrestling isn't around at all.
    I didnt mean because of the NWO by itself, but add that to Hulkamania and together that might put that above Stone Cold. But overall Austin was way more entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt mean because of the NWO by itself, but add that to Hulkamania and together that might put that above Stone Cold. But overall Austin was way more entertaining.
    By a long shot. And the beauty of it all was the gimmick came from his head. It was just him. That's why it worked so well. He was able to be himself. That and a ruthless criminal (can't remember the name) were the inspiration for the don't give a at ude Stone Cold. Awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By a long shot. And the beauty of it all was the gimmick came from his head. It was just him. That's why it worked so well. He was able to be himself. That and a ruthless criminal (can't remember the name) were the inspiration for the don't give a at ude Stone Cold. Awesome.
    Steve was Vince's main weapon in the Monday night battles against wcw. He was such a creative genius that you had to see what he was going to do next which started to give wwe the upper hand. Steve is number one in my book of all time. Best wrestler off all time is hbk, the rock was great in ring also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I met stone cold at pappadeax about eight years ago, really nice guy he signed napkins for my sister and I. He had a badass blonde with a huge rack sitting next to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve was Vince's main weapon in the Monday night battles against wcw. He was such a creative genius that you had to see what he was going to do next which started to give wwe the upper hand. Steve is number one in my book of all time. Best wrestler off all time is hbk, the rock was great in ring also.
    We agree completely on that. Austin is my favorite. HBK is the best showman. With Austin, the only way WCW held on to the lead was giving away what Raw was going to do. Funny thing was, that's also what killed them. When they announced Mick Foley was going to win the world le for the first time, everyone changed the channel and WCW never won again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I met stone cold at pappadeax about eight years ago, really nice guy he signed napkins for my sister and I. He had a badass blonde with a huge rack sitting next to him.
    I never met him, though I drove next to him on the highway. He was in a HUGE camouflage truck. I waved at him and he waved back...it was awesome..lol. My ex wife met him, though...she said he was a great guy, and she even had a conversation with him.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get this impression a lot of you started watching rasslin in the last 10 years. If so then you are going to think those you watched/know about are the best. That simply isn't the case.

As we all know rasslin' has a cult following, it's not for everyone. We all have heard....you actually watch that fake .....I always reply...you watch movies, fake !.

Anyway...

Joe Public knows nothing about the strange world of pro wrestling. He however knows who Hulk Hogan is and probably knows that The Rock was a rassler. When guys like us talk about the rasslin' it's all about inside that world. The outside world doesn't care.

Rasslin' has it's legends...Strangler Lewis, Gorgeous George, Lou Thesz, "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers and on and on. So when we try to give these guys today/recently some props they are in compe ion with some huge stars in the biz. Forget the wrestling talent, as we know Kurt Angle, Cowboy Hutton, Danny Hodge, Verne Gagne and Brock Lesnar were legit wrestlers, while Hulk Hogan couldn't wrestle a lick. Only Gagne would come anywhere close to Hogan as far as big name in the biz goes.

Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage, Steve Austin were all huge in the biz but keeping it in the biz they had nothing on Killer Kowalski, the Brusier or Bruno Sammartion. The thing is big time nation wide tv vs local tv. I never saw those guys I mentioned on tv since I lived in Cali, I got Fred Blassie, Ray Stevens, Pepper Gomez, The Destroyer.

So when you try to put these recent guys on some level with legends keep in mind it's the exposure not so much the impact made inside the sport.
    Last edited by Avante; 07-21-2012 at 02:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get this impression a lot of you started watching rasslin in the last 10 years. If so then you are going to think those you watched/know about are the best. That simply isn't the case.

As we all know rasslin' has a cult following, it's not for everyone. We all have heard....you actually watch that fake .....I always reply...you watch movies, fake !.

Anyway...

Joe Public knows nothing about the strange world of pro wrestling. He however knows who Hulk Hogan is and probably knows that The Rock was a rassler. When guys like us talk about the rasslin' it's all about inside that world. The outside world doesn't care.

Rasslin' has it's legends...Strangler Lewis, Gorgeous George, Lou Thesz, "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers and on and on. So when we try to give these guys today/recently some props they are in compe ion with some huge stars in the biz. Forget the wrestling talent, as we know Kurt Angle, Cowboy Hutton, Danny Hodge, Verne Gagne and Brock Lesnar were legit wrestlers, while Hulk Hogan couldn't wrestle a lick. Only Gagne would come anywhere close to Hogan as far as big name in the biz goes.

Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage, Steve Austin were all huge in the biz but keeping it in the biz they had nothing on Killer Kowalski, the Brusier or Bruno Sammartion. The thing is big time nation wide tv vs local tv. I never saw those guys I mentioned on tv since I lived in Cali, I got Fred Blassie, Ray Stevens, Pepper Gomez, The Destroyer.

So when you try to put these recent guys on some level with legends keep in mind it's the exposure not so much the impact made inside the sport.
    the Brusier? Bruno Sammartion? If you're going to try to talk down to people, at least learn to spell. And the "rasslin" business as you put it is a MUCH bigger and better industry now than it was back then. I've watched since I was 5 years old, and it's gotten better even since then, in 1985. The industry isn't just about going out there looking angry at your opponent, throwing some moves out there, and walking out. If wrestling was just about that, nowadays, Shelton Benjamin would be a hall of famer, instead of fired from the WWE. You have to have more than just a decent look and the ability to take a bump. You have to have the ability to cut a good promo, you have to be able to act a little bit outside the ring as well as inside. Today's "entertainers" are better than yesterday's "rasslers" overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyway...

Props to you for being eighty years old and typing as well as you do.

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Is it Monday night yet?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Brusier? Bruno Sammartion? If you're going to try to talk down to people, at least learn to spell. And the "rasslin" business as you put it is a MUCH bigger and better industry now than it was back then. I've watched since I was 5 years old, and it's gotten better even since then, in 1985. The industry isn't just about going out there looking angry at your opponent, throwing some moves out there, and walking out. If wrestling was just about that, nowadays, Shelton Benjamin would be a hall of famer, instead of fired from the WWE. You have to have more than just a decent look and the ability to take a bump. You have to have the ability to cut a good promo, you have to be able to act a little bit outside the ring as well as inside. Today's "entertainers" are better than yesterday's "rasslers" overall.
    Well I've seen them all and totally disagree with you. A Fred Blassie interveiw, a Ray Stevens interview, a "Superstar" Billy Graham on a whole different level than what we see today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I've seen them all and totally disagree with you. A Fred Blassie interveiw, a Ray Stevens interview, a "Superstar" Billy Graham on a whole different level than what we see today.

That's because they don't do interviews anymore..they do promos..and if you think a 4 minute Billy Graham interview is better than a 15 minute Rock or Austin promo, you are really out of your damn mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trumps Billy Graham 10 times out of 10.

and this trumps it 20 times out of 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new WWE PG era sucks ass, so does Cena, Punk & Sheamus lmao these dudes wouldn't make in at ude era. Also you guys ain't giving Taker enough credit he's been the constant cornerstone of wwf/e. He also made the at ude era what it was with his ministry days as well as his early american bad ass days.
    Last edited by Spurs da champs; 07-22-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Thread Information