My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least they brought Jericho back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least they brought Jericho back.
    Yeah it's awesome to see wrestlers who haven't produced a good match in 10 years get welcomed back to the fold

The real good news is WWE just signed AJ Styles. Do the research old man. He's not much younger than Jericho but he's at the top of his game putting on great matches for New Japan and Ring of Honor.

WWE gonna re-create the Bullet Club with Finn Balors ineivetable call up and the signing of Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WWE signed Shinsuke Nakamura too (another wrestler Avante too close minded to appreciate, do the research on The King of Strong Style you old bas ), from what I hear all of the NJP W talent signings are to non NXT deals.. Seeing these guys debut as a stable at the Rumble would be epic IMO

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's awesome to see wrestlers who haven't produced a good match in 10 years get welcomed back to the fold

The real good news is WWE just signed AJ Styles. Do the research old man. He's not much younger than Jericho but he's at the top of his game putting on great matches for New Japan and Ring of Honor.

WWE gonna re-create the Bullet Club with Finn Balors ineivetable call up and the signing of Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson
    What a rookie, sheesh~~~~~

Dolf Ziggler can rassle circles around John Cena/Roman Reigns/Steve Austin/The Rock etc.............so what, nobody cares, ok rookie? PRO...PRO...rasslin' isn;t about the ability to rassle, you really don't understand this fact son? Hulk Hogan couldn't rassle a lick, now think just a little bit, ok?

Chris Jericho puts butts in the seats, he's a ...personality....ok son? Little man why was Dusty Rhodes who couldn't rassle at all such a huge success.....well? Mic skills, flamboyant personality, charisma FAR FAR over shadow actual rasslin' ability, this is news to you?

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~

This is PRO rasslin'

Would ya believe Tully Blanchard was a QB for West Texas State, a school that gave pro rasslin.....

Dusty Rhodes
    Murdoch
    Brusier Brody
    Ted DiBiase
    Stan Hansen
    The Funks
    o Santana
    Blackjact Mullighan
    Last edited by Avante; 01-05-2016 at 04:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a rookie, sheesh~~~~~

Dolf Ziggler can rassle circles around John Cena/Roman Reigns/Steve Austin/The Rock etc.............so what, nobody cares, ok rookie? PRO...PRO...rasslin' isn;t about the ability to rassle, you really don't understand this fact son? Hulk Hogan couldn't rassle a lick, now think just a little bit, ok?

Chris Jericho puts butts in the seats, he's a ...personality....ok son? Little man why was Dusty Rhodes who couldn't rassle at all such a huge success.....well? Mic skills, flamboyant personality, charisma FAR FAR over shadow actual rasslin' ability, this is news to you?

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~

This is PRO rasslin'

Would ya believe Tully Blanchard was a QB for West Texas State, a school that gave pro rasslin.....

Dusty Rhodes
    Murdoch
    Brusier Brody
    Ted DiBiase
    Stan Hansen
    The Funks
    o Santana
    Blackjact Mullighan
    All trolling aside Avante, you really think you know wrestling, but you clearly don't, and you prove it each time you use the word "rasslin". Today's wrestling is geared towards the 18-35 year old crowd. Not 70 year old men. This is not the territories anymore, "rasslin" is dead and has been since the 80's, let alone when WCW went under. It IS clearly about the wrestling, why do you think ratings are this bad? Why do you think Vince has to rely on nostalgia, and inserting himself into a story line to get at ude era fans to tune in again?

"Smart marks" want WRESTLING, that's why NXT is hugely successful. Smart marks being the only ones loyal enough outside of your "Cena armband wearing 9 year old" demographic to follow this are educated enough to see through the over production of the current WWE program, and turn the off as soon as they see the same three match ups being advertised for the nights event. Putting the best young talent (and sometimes not so young talent in AJ Styles case for example) from around the world that these true fans have been rooting for to make it to the biggest stage of them all is what will turn the ratings around. Watch an at ude era episode of Raw, and look at the amount of actual wrestling they gave you. Today's 3 hour program is mostly recaps and filler.

Chris Jericho is not gonna sell any tickets that wouldn't be sold otherwise bro, nostalgia is cool, but it's not like the guy just made a return after 20 years away. He wrestles a few times a year and nobody gives a enough to make any difference. Take away McMahon from the program, and a Jericho featured Raw does no better than the Sheamus-Reigns focused episodes.

Now come back with an intelligent response vs pointless lists, or don't bother at all tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All trolling aside Avante, you really think you know wrestling, but you clearly don't, and you prove it each time you use the word "rasslin". Today's wrestling is geared towards the 18-35 year old crowd. Not 70 year old men. This is not the territories anymore, "rasslin" is dead and has been since the 80's, let alone when WCW went under. It IS clearly about the wrestling, why do you think ratings are this bad? Why do you think Vince has to rely on nostalgia, and inserting himself into a story line to get at ude era fans to tune in again?

"Smart marks" want WRESTLING, that's why NXT is hugely successful. Smart marks being the only ones loyal enough outside of your "Cena armband wearing 9 year old" demographic to follow this are educated enough to see through the over production of the current WWE program, and turn the off as soon as they see the same three match ups being advertised for the nights event. Putting the best young talent (and sometimes not so young talent in AJ Styles case for example) from around the world that these true fans have been rooting for to make it to the biggest stage of them all is what will turn the ratings around. Watch an at ude era episode of Raw, and look at the amount of actual wrestling they gave you. Today's 3 hour program is mostly recaps and filler.

Chris Jericho is not gonna sell any tickets that wouldn't be sold otherwise bro, nostalgia is cool, but it's not like the guy just made a return after 20 years away. He wrestles a few times a year and nobody gives a enough to make any difference. Take away McMahon from the program, and a Jericho featured Raw does no better than the Sheamus-Reigns focused episodes.

Now come back with an intelligent response vs pointless lists, or don't bother at all tbh.
    I saw my first televised rasslin' match around 1958, fell in love with it. There is nobody here or on the net who knows more about this stuff than myself, why you fight it like ya do..??? I can talk about guys you've never heard of, trust me.

no it's not about...wrestling ability...and it never has been or will be, and only a know nothing wouldn't see that. Can any of the Wyatts wrestle, how about Roman Reigns, how about John Cena? Cody Rhodes and Dustin can wrestle, where has that gotten them, well? It's about selling your gimmick, your character like the Ultimate Warrior did, and he couldn't wrestle either. Ever see The Roadwarriors actually wrestle?

Batista was in the WWE because of his look as was Goldberg, neither knew how to wrestle.....you disagree? Look at Bram Stroman, can he wrestle...well? Shaemus can wrestle?

As usual you're wrong about this also, you're on a roll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw my first televised rasslin' match around 1958, fell in love with it.

Big deal, you were born 40 years prior to me. Irrelevant.

There is nobody here or on the net who knows more about this stuff than myself, why you fight it like ya do..???

That is a bold, ridiculous claim. Troll response.

I can talk about guys you've never heard of, trust me.

I can do the same to you, what's your point? It would make sense that you might know wrestlers that performed before I was born. Irrelevant, again.

no it's not about...wrestling ability...and it never has been or will be, and only a know nothing wouldn't see that. Can any of the Wyatts wrestle, how about Roman Reigns, how about John Cena? Cody Rhodes and Dustin can wrestle, where has that gotten them, well? It's about selling your gimmick, your character like the Ultimate Warrior did, and he couldn't wrestle either. Ever see The Roadwarriors actually wrestle?

What part of a changed demographic or 2016 are you not comprehending? This is not the 60's/70's/80's anymore.

Batista was in the WWE because of his look as was Goldberg, neither knew how to wrestle.....you disagree? Look at Bram Stroman, can he wrestle...well? Shaemus can wrestle?

As usual you're wrong about this also, you're on a roll.

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more. Aside from mentioning Goldberg who was a huge draw during the high point of wrestling, your example is exactly why the RATINGS SUCK. This is why wrestlers 10 years past their relevancy are being brought back into the mix. This is why Vince pulls the at ude era card every time he needs a quick boost in ratings. Because the "hardcore" viewers are tired of models and body builders 6'5" and bigger, and want to watch wrestlers with wrestling ability. you're proving my point man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless, let the few posters who view this board chime in on their opinion on the subject, I don't expect a conversation with a self proclaimed know it all to go very far.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless, let the few posters who view this board chime in on their opinion on the subject, I don't expect a conversation with a self proclaimed know it all to go very far.
    When I talk with somebody who doesn't understand...experience....why waste my time?

There is no more hardcore fan than myself, ok guy, and I couldn't care less about actual wrestling ability, I care about the action/storylines/angles/personalities. If I want actual wrestling I'll check out Oklahoma vs Minnesota.

Ya know why pro rasslin' isn't real, it's because nobody wants to see a hammerlock/headlock/leglock for 5 minutes. It was real once upon a time, so why the change, now think....ok?

Little fella, when ya have been into anything for around 55 years, guess what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little man if I posted the great Lou Thesz vs Verne Gagne (an NCAA wrestler) match. you wouldn't give it 5 minutes, you'd be bored less. Ya see they actually did some wrestling. Nobody wants to see this, they want action.

You get a nut off tumbling and jumping bean , hahaha!!!! Neville vs Rey Misterio....ha~~~~~~

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Here's hoping Samoa Joe is finally called up to side with Styles instead of floundering to people in NXT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little man if I posted the great Lou Thesz vs Verne Gagne (an NCAA wrestler) match. you wouldn't give it 5 minutes, you'd be bored less. Ya see they actually did some wrestling. Nobody wants to see this, they want action.

You get a nut off tumbling and jumping bean , hahaha!!!! Neville vs Rey Misterio....ha~~~~~~

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~
    Mysterio is on the juice he aint a high flyer

1995 Mysterio vs Neville would be epic, you'd have to be stupid to not enjoy that

..and although I love the Jr. division, go watch yourself some Kobashi vs. Misawa or pretty much any heavyweight matches from late 90's All Japan and you will see what type of classics wrestlers with ability are capable of putting on. The most brutal matches of all time hands down.
    Last edited by DJR210; 01-06-2016 at 12:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's hoping Samoa Joe is finally called up to side with Styles instead of floundering to people in NXT.
    I honestly think he was signed to bolster NXT, without plans for the main roster. Vince had a hard enough time coming to terms with Sting appearing considering his latest stop was TNA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait for Roman to beat them clean in a handicap match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait for Roman to beat them clean in a handicap match.
    yup.. then team them with Adam Rose or S ust

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mysterio is on the juice he aint a high flyer

1995 Mysterio vs Neville would be epic, you'd have to be stupid to not enjoy that

..and although I love the Jr. division, go watch yourself some Kobashi vs. Misawa or pretty much any heavyweight matches from late 90's All Japan and you will see what type of classics wrestlers with ability are capable of putting on. The most brutal matches of all time hands down.

You're not getting it at all.

It's not about actual wrestling, it's about...PERSONALITIES....ok? Can a guy sell his....CHARACTER/GIMMICK....ok? Why do you ignore Hulk Hogan? The biggest star ever and he couldn't wrestle at all. So tell me little fella why is this....well?

The greatest tagteam of all time...The Roadwarriors, were they wrestlers or were they simply brawlers with a great look and mic skills, well?

People don't turn on the rasslin' to see wrestling, ok guy? It's the soap box storylines, the bigger than life personalities involved, that colorful/exciting/crazy world.

Neville will never be a big star in the busines despite the fact he's an amazing athlete, why is that and how come he loses most his matches.....well? He's far superior to Bray Wyatt in the ring so how come Wyatt is a bigger name...well?

Can the Big Show wrestle, how about Kane, how about Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, The Sheik (original), Killier Kowalski and on and on and on. Dude, people don't turn on the rasslin' to watch wrestling, ok?

Like I mentioned if I posted a video of those old matches were they did some wrestling you'd be bored to death. All that laying around on the mat won't work. So you are talking about acrobatics/tumbling/gymnastics more ot less, something people don't care all that much about either. They want the clash of personalties, the politics, the fueds, ok? I shouldn't need to tell you the obvious.

The original Sheik was huge in the biz, I doubt he ever used a legit wrestling hold in his long career. Same with Fritz Von Erich. Why was Gorgeous George such a huge attraction, was it his wrestling ability? And no....times have changed.....is wrong, it's the same biz doing the same things they have always done. Ya have your babyface and your heel, you build up the next big event, ya sell good vs evil, and on and on..........

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 01-06-2016 at 10:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not getting it at all.

It's not about actual wrestling, it's about...PERSONALITIES....ok? Can a guy sell his....CHARACTER/GIMMICK....ok? Why do you ignore Hulk Hogan? The biggest star ever and he couldn't wrestle at all. So tell me little fella why is this....well?

The greatest tagteam of all time...The Roadwarriors, were they wrestlers or were they simply brawlers with a great look and mic skills, well?

People don't turn on the rasslin' to see wrestling, ok guy? It's the soap box storylines, the bigger than life personalities involved, that colorful/exciting/crazy world.

Neville will never be a big star in the busines despite the fact he's an amazing athlete, why is that and how come he loses most his matches.....well? He's far superior to Bray Wyatt in the ring so how come Wyatt is a bigger name...well?

Can the Big Show wrestle, how about Kane, how about Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, The Sheik (original), Killier Kowalski and on and on and on. Dude, people don't turn on the rasslin' to watch wrestling, ok?

Like I mentioned if I posted a video of those old matches were they did some wrestling you'd be bored to death. All that laying around on the mat won't work. So you are talking about acrobatics/tumbling/gymnastics more ot less, something people don't care all that much about either. They want the clash of personalties, the politics, the fueds, ok? I shouldn't need to tell you thr obvious.

The original Sheik was huge in the biz, I doubt he ever used a legit wrestling hold in his long career. Same with Fritz Von Erich. Why was Gorgeous George such a huge attraction, was it his wrestling ability? And no....times have changed.....is wrong, it's the same biz doing the same things they have always done. Ya have your babyface and your heel, you build up the next big event, ya sell good vs evil, and on and on..........

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~
    Character is important dude, I get that a wrestler needs a solid gimmick to get to the next level. But that is not enough for today's fan, you're stuck in the 70's. We want wrestling.

Why do you think Sasha Banks is wildy popular despite not really getting any TV time for her character to develop Avante? Any theory as to why that may be ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And also not sure what you're picturing when I say "wrestling" based on your comment about dudes "laying around the mat" - I'm not looking for Greco Roman..

I want innovative movesets, innovative, fresh counter sequences and high spots, solid chain and technical wrestling, amazing acrobatic moves off the top and over the ropes, etc.. It is very possible for WWE to have this kind of show, but theyre too busy focusing on lame storylines and characters with no development and putting the wrestling second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Character is important dude, I get that a wrestler needs a solid gimmick to get to the next level. But that is not enough for today's fan, you're stuck in the 70's. We want wrestling.

Why do you think Sasha Banks is wildy popular despite not really getting any TV time for her character to develop Avante? Any theory as to why that may be ?
    Sasha Banks? Isn't that the flat chested porn star?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have never stopped (other than Navy days) watching the rasslin', so how can I be stuck anywhere?

Take away the personalties/soap opera storylines, and just zero in on ...wrestling...and there goes pro rasslin'. You do get this, right?

I know a lot of rasslin; fans, trust me you are about as wrong as ya can be, but as usual you don't get that.

We fast forward the women, couldn't care less about them.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And also not sure what you're picturing when I say "wrestling" based on your comment about dudes "laying around the mat" - I'm not looking for Greco Roman..

I want innovative movesets, innovative, fresh counter sequences and high spots, solid chain and technical wrestling, amazing acrobatic moves off the top and over the ropes, etc.. It is very possible for WWE to have this kind of show, but theyre too busy focusing on lame storylines and characters with no development and putting the wrestling second.
    Who was talking Greco Roman? Why not take a few minutes and actually learn something, ok? Youtube...Lou Thesz...any of his matchs will work. There you'll see some wrestling, time spent on the mat in some hold. Fans don't want that today, so we don't have it....why? You are talking about...acrobatics/tumbling/gymnastics....ok? You might get off on that but few others do, first off the big guys can't do that, right?

ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why was Hulk Hogan such a big star...well? How come Roman Reigns is the Champ right now....well? Why is John Cena such a big star...well? How come the far superior talent Dolf Ziggler is nowhere close to those guys....well?

Dude, people watch PRO rasslin' to escape reality, ok guy? They don't care aout acrobatics/tumbling/gymnastics, ok rookie? They care about the politics, storylines, the characters ,personalties.

Ok man I can only take a dummy like you for so long, see ya~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sasha Banks? Isn't that the flat chested porn star?
    JBL ed up and called her Sasha Gray on TV once too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top ten fastest pedophile 40 times or GTFO you old goty senile

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top ten fastest pedophile 40 times or GTFO you old goty senile
    Dude, you are 100% wrong as you always are, ok? no PRO RASSLIN' isn;t about that ability to wrestle, ok stupid?

Look at how ya act re , hahaha!!!!!!!!

BUT...the fastest rassler to ever rassle in the WWWF/WWF/WWE was Sheldon Benjamin who was a legit sprinter while in college, yep.....nothing I don't know.

See ya just learned something.

Benjamin grew up in Orangeburg, South Carolina.[3] He began wrestling his sop re year at Orangeburg-Wilkinson High School.[6] Benjamin recorded an 122–10 overall win-loss record in his high school career and was a two-time South Carolina state high school heavyweight wrestling champion (1993-1994).[1][3][6][7] Benjamin then attended Lassen Community College in Susanville, California and became a National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) track and field champion in the 100 meter******* as well as a NJCAA collegiate wrestling champion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little trivia question for ya slick, what pro rassler was also a HOF NFL RB?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-06-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Thread Information