Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1859
    Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince still has the final say on creative and his methods have become antiquated.
    i get that, and yep ya nailed it.

I do feel sorry for Reigns however.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zero personality "monster" that "charges up" his arm before a weak ass punch as the top heel

I agree he could be the best heel but he needs to go off script more and rip the crowd, and lose the weak ass kid oriented moves and focus on "hurting" people
    The script should be ripping the crowd, be a monster heel. We see him rolling around on the mat/floor way too much. That should never happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2:6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of subjective. The first week RAW won easily, but you can argue about the week Owens won the Universal Belt. Also could have it 3:5 as some weeks were more of a tossup, which I probably gave to SD just because its shorter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Women's wrestling tournament

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Women's "wrestling"
    ftfy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few thoughts:

Jesus Christ, Mick Foley, for as much as I loved him from his King of the Deathmatch through At ude Era days has REALLY gotta go. He's terrible on the mic, and seems so awkward now. His introduction during the Cruiserweight match was cringe worthy, and he routinely s up his lines now. Such a ty choice for GM.

Not getting Kota Ibushi signed was a big mistake for WWE. The artist formerly known as Manik is the winner of the CWC? Garbage. To make matters worse, WWE falling back on their familiarity security blanket opting to push sorry ass Brian Kendrick instead of building up someone else is typical. Overall, great showing from Alexander, Metalik, and Swann however. Especially impressed w/ Alexander, he was not this good in RoH.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was stunned to see what they did to John Cena, he was used. A true rasslin' icon...used. This was sad to see.

I just can't warm up to A.J.Styles, I can't help but think of all those southerrn hicks like Robert Fuller, Tracey Smothers, Jeff Jarrett, Superstar Bill Dundee, who rassled in all those little southern promotions because they were.....southern. Yes he is talented but that twang.

They bring in Cage, (Kucha Underfround or was),if ya don't know, just think Ryback. They are going to have one of those if anyone fromthe audeience wants to try Bram Strowman......need I say more. Nope, that is an old idea, been done before just different names.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good week for WWE overall...Let's give it to Raw, just because of the Cruiserweights (even while I hate, they didn't sign Sabre and Ibushi).

3:6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was stunned to see what they did to John Cena, he was used. A true rasslin' icon...used. This was sad to see.

I just can't warm up to A.J.Styles, I can't help but think of all those southerrn hicks like Robert Fuller, Tracey Smothers, Jeff Jarrett, Superstar Bill Dundee, who rassled in all those little southern promotions because they were.....southern. Yes he is talented but that twang.

They bring in Cage, (Kucha Underfround or was),if ya don't know, just think Ryback. They are going to have one of those if anyone fromthe audeience wants to try Bram Strowman......need I say more. Nope, that is an old idea, been done before just different names.
    lol 5 move set cena...gtfo man

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avante doesn't know wrestling at all. Talking about Strowman and Reigns like they are needle movers and then downplaying AJ....

You twit, do you not watch what everyone else is watching? The fans DO NOT WANT ROIDED UP MONSTERS THAT CAN'T ENTERTAIN OR RASSLE. Did you not see the fans literally force Batista to leave the company 1 year earlier than expected because THEY DON'T WANT GARBAGE like that? They want guys who can entertain and wrassle.

The WHOLE company is changing as Vince slowly dies. The entire company is being built around guys like Styles...Balor, Owens, and the other top 15 non-Cena guys are more like Styles than like garbage like Reigns.

You are antiquated and don't know about rasslin. That's why you're in the extreme minority of liking big musclebound meatheads that suck. The only meathead that hasn't sucked in the last 15 years was Cena, and that's because at the root, Cena is closer to AJ than a WWE meathead like Stoman.

Either way, not trolling you at all, you don't know about wrestling. Go watch your big stupid muscle men that can barely move while everyone continues to the bad-ass in-ring workers that make wrestling more sports-like than soap-opera.

If you ran the company, you'd run it into the ground because, like Vince, you are out of touch with reality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 5 move set cena...gtfo man
    Cena is a God, bruh. He only needs 5 moves because that is how over he is. When he promos the way he wants, no one can touch him. And the fact he carried CM Punk to Punk's best WWE match, and did the same with Lesnar

That said, his time is up. He's been on top too long, and like the guys in the early 90s who were draws in the 80s became jobbers to the up-and-coming, that is exactly where guys like Jericho have been used the last 5-6 years and now it's time for Cena to do that. Snuka was headlining MSG IN 81. By 91 he was jobbing to a green-as- Undertaker. Cena is at in his career where Snuka, Valentine, Ron Garvin et. al were in the early 90's WWF...time to give back, they're more valuable that way.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avante doesn't know wrestling at all. Talking about Strowman and Reigns like they are needle movers and then downplaying AJ....

You twit, do you not watch what everyone else is watching? The fans DO NOT WANT ROIDED UP MONSTERS THAT CAN'T ENTERTAIN OR RASSLE. Did you not see the fans literally force Batista to leave the company 1 year earlier than expected because THEY DON'T WANT GARBAGE like that? They want guys who can entertain and wrassle.

The WHOLE company is changing as Vince slowly dies. The entire company is being built around guys like Styles...Balor, Owens, and the other top 15 non-Cena guys are more like Styles than like garbage like Reigns.

You are antiquated and don't know about rasslin. That's why you're in the extreme minority of liking big musclebound meatheads that suck. The only meathead that hasn't sucked in the last 15 years was Cena, and that's because at the root, Cena is closer to AJ than a WWE meathead like Stoman.

Either way, not trolling you at all, you don't know about wrestling. Go watch your big stupid muscle men that can barely move while everyone continues to the bad-ass in-ring workers that make wrestling more sports-like than soap-opera.

If you ran the company, you'd run it into the ground because, like Vince, you are out of touch with reality.
    First off dummy Reigns is hardly musclebound, ya do know the guy played football at Georgia Tech. let me guess...no ya didn't. And if ya paid any attention at all you'd notice he is very agile, quick. So wrong....AGAIN~~~

YES...Strowman is stiff and slow, ok? But, he is just a novelty like Andre the Giant, The Big Show, just something most people don't see everyday.

Little guy, been into this stuff since "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers, Bruno, Killer Kowalski, I've forgot more about this stuff than you will ever know, ok little guy? Tell me midget, how did the WWWF, WWF, WWE get so big, now think ya little ....ok?

Widden those horizons ya little freak, ok?

This isn't gymnastics or actual wrestling, ok guy? If it had neen then we have no....

"Superstar" Billy Graham
    HULK HOGAN
    The Undertaker
    Stonecold Steve Austin
    THE ROCK..................Miami football player
    Edge

Where would....

Brusier Brody
    The Sheik
    Abdullah the Butcher
    the Brusier
    Fritz Von Erich

...be?

And do you really think anyone wants to really see this?

There are few matchs bigger than Thesz vs Gagne in the history of the sport. Being a simple little ya don't know that.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-22-2016 at 04:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good week for WWE overall...Let's give it to Raw, just because of the Cruiserweights (even while I hate, they didn't sign Sabre and Ibushi).

3:6
    I haven't heard anything about why the Ibushi signing fizzled out.. I'm assuming he was gonna follow suit after the four NJPW signings but for whatever reason he's saying he doesn't feel his destiny is in WWE or some like that.. They probably tried to give him some ing low ball offer like he isn't the a top 2 junior jr in the world right now

His role is putting new stars over, and selling merchandise to kids. It's not sad it's a necessary changing of the guard.

WWE is ing up by forcing him to try and have a personality on the mic. It just doesn't come natural for AJ. At the least they made him a heel which is always an easier role to play, but they put the nail in the coffin (for all 3 character wise) when they seperated The Club so soon.

I honestly think Vince or Triple H have an issue with Lucha Underground itself, they're raiding NJPW, RoH, and even TNA only.

@avante refuses to accept the Internet Wrestling Community generation of wrestling even though he spends his entire day on the Internet.. Dude swears that fans only care about looks and gimmicks Reigns monumental failure as the anointed one isn't enough proof of the change of today's wrestling for him

Truth bomb

Internet darlings holding both les

More truth

Funny thing is I challenged @avante to watch a 10 minute compilation of Ricochet in exchange for watching whatever 1950's match he wants to change my views.. Dude refused but comes back a few months later RAVING about Ricochet cause his old ass finally saw him on Lucha Underground. Haha, dude is such a phony, look no further than his 'Tupac is a member of N.W.A' from The Club
    Last edited by DJR210; 09-22-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't heard anything about why the Ibushi signing fizzled out.. I'm assuming he was gonna follow suit after the four NJPW signings but for whatever reason he's saying he doesn't feel his destiny is in WWE or some like that.. They probably tried to give him some ing low ball offer like he isn't the a top 2 junior jr in the world right now
    So wrong it's comical and where did I say Tupac was a memberr of NWA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So wrong it's comical and where did I say Tupac was a memberr of NWA?
    Don't try and include yourself in conversation regarding Ibushi or NJPW old timer, it's clear you don't follow that or Tupac, as you claim 2Pac did " the police" and appeared in Straight Outta Compton

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't try and include yourself in conversation regarding Ibushi or NJPW old timer, it's clear you don't follow that or Tupac, as you claim 2Pac did " the police" and appeared in Straight Outta Compton
    Dude, ya said I thought Tupac was a member of the NWA, ok, so where did I say that at, well? You asked what I thought about his lookalike.....and that was it.

Dude, stop lying, ok?

Little guy, do I need to school your ass on rap..ALSO?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the rookies....

Rasslin' fans wanna see the unusual, that rarity, the unique, ok? Sure, that can be the high flyers, but it's also THE UNDERTAKER, and guys who won't be doing any back flips.

And, the story lines, those mic skills, far over shadow in ring abilities. Just ask Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, who are far more in ring talented than all those far above them on the wrung of the ladder. Who out there right now will ever rival Dusty Rhodes, yep...nobody, Rhodes couldn't wrestling, so how did he become so big in the biz...well? Look at all those acrobatic Mexican rasslers, how come they stay low in the business in the WWE, yep, no mic skills. Other than Misterio,
    since he did have some mic skills look what happened.

And, cool this silly....well today fans want to see.....oh really, then how come the rating are slipping well? Fans want to see interesting characters, great story lines, a guy who can sell his character on a mic, not back flips, ok?

Reality in 2016.

Now think about where the biz was n the days of Hulk Hogan who couldn't wrestle a lick.

The WWE has seen historically-low ratings this year, and a recent episode was viewed by the fewest number of people in two decades.

According to Forbes, July 4th’s episode of Monday Night Raw was viewed by fewer than 2 million people, which has not happened in 20 years. It is now among the three lowest-rated episodes in the history of Raw.

It might not be surprising to see viewers fail to tune in for the Fourth of July show, but this number is still incredibly low compared to other July 4th episodes. Last year, about 3.5 million people tuned in to the Fourth of July episode.
    And it’s not just the July 4th show that suggests the WWE is losing viewers. Monday Night Raw has experienced several other incredibly low rated episodes over the past year; the June 13, 2016 episode of the show sank to a 2.03 rating, a 19-year low. Before that, the May 9th episode hit the second-lowest ratings since 1997.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-22-2016 at 11:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO those fatass smarks that booed Batista would be cheering for him if he came back again. Batista is a draw, unlike Owens and AJ.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count

- According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com, WWE and Triple H in particular are interested in bringing back Matt Hardy once his TNA contract expires. Hardy has reportedly gotten feelers from intermediaries about a possible WWE return.

- Dave Meltzer reports that there has been a storyline pitch for Shelton Benjamin when he recovers from injury. The idea is that he would be part of a Varsity Club-type faction with Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. Since Benjamin is still months away from recovering, this is an idea that could very easily be dropped and/or forgotten about.
    http://nodq.com/wwe/476521246.shtml

On the MeekMahan show the broken brilliance of Broken Matt Hardy will fade away and be classified as obsolete. OBSOLETE!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the rookies....

Rasslin' fans wanna see the unusual, that rarity, the unique, ok? Sure, that can be the high flyers, but it's also THE UNDERTAKER, and guys who won't be doing any back flips.

And, the story lines, those mic skills, far over shadow in ring abilities. Just ask Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, who are far more in ring talented than all those far above them on the wrung of the ladder. Who out there right now will ever rival Dusty Rhodes, yep...nobody, Rhodes couldn't wrestling, so how did he become so big in the biz...well? Look at all those acrobatic Mexican rasslers, how come they stay low in the business in the WWE, yep, no mic skills. Other than Misterio,
    since he did have some mic skills look what happened.

And, cool this silly....well today fans want to see.....oh really, then how come the rating are slipping well? Fans want to see interesting characters, great story lines, a guy who can sell his character on a mic, not back flips, ok?

Reality in 2016.

Now think about where the biz was n the days of Hulk Hogan who couldn't wrestle a lick.

The WWE has seen historically-low ratings this year, and a recent episode was viewed by the fewest number of people in two decades.

According to Forbes, July 4th’s episode of Monday Night Raw was viewed by fewer than 2 million people, which has not happened in 20 years. It is now among the three lowest-rated episodes in the history of Raw.

It might not be surprising to see viewers fail to tune in for the Fourth of July show, but this number is still incredibly low compared to other July 4th episodes. Last year, about 3.5 million people tuned in to the Fourth of July episode.
    And it’s not just the July 4th show that suggests the WWE is losing viewers. Monday Night Raw has experienced several other incredibly low rated episodes over the past year; the June 13, 2016 episode of the show sank to a 2.03 rating, a 19-year low. Before that, the May 9th episode hit the second-lowest ratings since 1997.
    This one is free, the next one you gotta pay...Glad you can still Google...

LOL at your Undertaker reference. Taker NEVER put the company on his back. Not once. And he never was a draw until he became a once-a-year guy working only Manias, and even if you had no Taker match at Mania, Mania DRAWS ITSELF. You know why they made him a once-a-year guy to get him to draw? It's the same reason Andre, Bruiser Brody and Abdullah never stayed in a territory for very long- the novelty wears off. That is why the character has been reinvented multiple times over and he is dusted off only for a novelty Mania match. People want to see that kind of thing, but not every day, not where it can draw week in, week out. Fact.

He didn't have a SINGLE good match until he started working smaller guys. Guys who actually put the company on their back- little guys like Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart and, the biggest draw in wrestling history, not even debatable- Steve ing Austin. So let's see here genius:

Big guys who carried the company post territory deaths:

Hogan

Small guys who did:
    Austin- Biggest draw of all times. Sellouts, revenues, ratings. Hogan isn't even close and that's from Vince's mouth direct.
    HBK- Eventhough Undertaker was a novelty match at Wrestlemania, this dude is Mr. Wrestlemania...why? Because PEOPLE LIKE WATCHING GOOD MATCHES. And let us not forget, 3 of Takers 10 greatest matches come against this man. Why? Because people LIKE WATCHING GOOD MATCHES.
    Bret- Carried the company post-Hogan and even beat out another meathead for that spot in Lex Luger. Know why? Because MEATHEADS are boring and DON'T DRAW.

And then post-WCW, when the company had a monopoly, the WWE basically became the name and draw for the company. Only legit draws the company has had post-at ude era are Cena, Mysterio and Jeff Hardy. Plenty of stars- HHH, Ba sta, Edge, Angle, et. al, but no bonafide draws the way those did. Hardy was huge with the teens and Mysterio with the latinos. Mysterio even moved more merchandise than Cena did multiple times, same with Hardy. And those dudes are what again???

And regarding ratings...they are still important. But again. showing how out of touch with the time you are, this is THE STREAMING AGE. And ratings dont take into account people who DVR the show. And here's where you're really ignorant...the company is completely healthy financially. They are profitable in EVERY sector of their business and they make LOADS AND LOADS of money GLOBALLY. So sit there and talk about you're ratings, but know why the company is taking so many twigs and guys from Japan...because they were DRAWING ING MONEY across the globe. And then you POINT TO A LOW RATED RAW ON A HOLIDAY...LOL. Just stop.

So, yeah, sit there talking about the good ole days and ratings. You aren't talking about today's wrestling. Move along or pay me next time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO those fatass smarks that booed Batista would be cheering for him if he came back again. Batista is a draw, unlike Owens and AJ.
    Once it became apparent Daniel Bryan was involved in the Mania main event, tickets sold 5x faster than they did days prior. And it wasn't just a bunch of fat ass marks, it was an entire crowd...everywhere he went. He was god-awful when he wasn't being carried by superior workers and he was even worse on his return.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one is free, the next one you gotta pay...Glad you can still Google...

LOL at your Undertaker reference. Taker NEVER put the company on his back. Not once. And he never was a draw until he became a once-a-year guy working only Manias, and even if you had no Taker match at Mania, Mania DRAWS ITSELF. You know why they made him a once-a-year guy to get him to draw? It's the same reason Andre, Bruiser Brody and Abdullah never stayed in a territory for very long- the novelty wears off. That is why the character has been reinvented multiple times over and he is dusted off only for a novelty Mania match. People want to see that kind of thing, but not every day, not where it can draw week in, week out. Fact.

He didn't have a SINGLE good match until he started working smaller guys. Guys who actually put the company on their back- little guys like Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart and, the biggest draw in wrestling history, not even debatable- Steve ing Austin. So let's see here genius:

Big guys who carried the company post territory deaths:

Hogan

Small guys who did:
    Austin- Biggest draw of all times. Sellouts, revenues, ratings. Hogan isn't even close and that's from Vince's mouth direct.
    HBK- Eventhough Undertaker was a novelty match at Wrestlemania, this dude is Mr. Wrestlemania...why? Because PEOPLE LIKE WATCHING GOOD MATCHES. And let us not forget, 3 of Takers 10 greatest matches come against this man. Why? Because people LIKE WATCHING GOOD MATCHES.
    Bret- Carried the company post-Hogan and even beat out another meathead for that spot in Lex Luger. Know why? Because MEATHEADS are boring and DON'T DRAW.

And then post-WCW, when the company had a monopoly, the WWE basically became the name and draw for the company. Only legit draws the company has had post-at ude era are Cena, Mysterio and Jeff Hardy. Plenty of stars- HHH, Ba sta, Edge, Angle, et. al, but no bonafide draws the way those did. Hardy was huge with the teens and Mysterio with the latinos. Mysterio even moved more merchandise than Cena did multiple times, same with Hardy. And those dudes are what again???

And regarding ratings...they are still important. But again. showing how out of touch with the time you are, this is THE STREAMING AGE. And ratings dont take into account people who DVR the show. And here's where you're really ignorant...the company is completely healthy financially. They are profitable in EVERY sector of their business and they make LOADS AND LOADS of money GLOBALLY. So sit there and talk about you're ratings, but know why the company is taking so many twigs and guys from Japan...because they were DRAWING ING MONEY across the globe. And then you POINT TO A LOW RATED RAW ON A HOLIDAY...LOL. Just stop.

So, yeah, sit there talking about the good ole days and ratings. You aren't talking about today's wrestling. Move along or pay me next time.
    When did I stop following the rasslin', well? There is no good ole days/today, ya see half pint I've always been there, ok? And do you have any clue at all about what I'm talking about? It's not Haystacks Calhoun, ok?

The rasslin' biz is and always has been all about good vs evil, you do get that, right? We had the Japs, we had the Germans, we had the Russians, The original Sheik and the Iron Sheik, Sheik Adnan El-Kaissie, why? Yep, to stir up real emotions, which does what, now think.

Pro rasslin' is about the story being told, the peronalities, the angles and storylines, if you don't get that then stop wasting my time, got it? , some gimmicks are so strong they reinvent them like the "Nature Boy" gimmick, ....after Rogers came Roger Kirby, Ric Flair, Buddy Landell.

Save the speeches shorty, because you won't be telling me anything about this biz I dont know, got that? Dude, the streaming age is something new?

Who was in the last Wrestlemania main event, well? Remember Goldberg?

And you do understand ratings and sponsers I hope.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-23-2016 at 05:20 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a fantastic site, it's all there ya just find who you are looking for and ya have their entire career.

http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios

Thread Information