Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1859
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tape trading was the and your experience was basically the same as mine. I was first exposed to ECW thru the cheap wrestling mags first and ECW ran their tape ads in those mags as well. My first tape was when Bam Bam beat Shane Douglas for the world le, I think it was the night the line was crossed or some like that.

Bought tapes from a few of the "mainstream" traders in the early days of the net and then found "The Tapeman" Corey on one of the first boards I visited back then and this dude sold not by the tape, but by the hours so you got 3 6 hour tapes for dirt cheap. Essentially, it was make your own mixtapes of you couldn't get anywhere else for $20. That's how I discovered how bad ass the AJPW from the late 80s thru the 90s was. I know everyone has a hard on for NJPW these days but 90s AJPW was still the best wrestling ever. Kawada bombs, head drops and stiffing the out of the out of the out of eachother.
    My absolute first exposure to ECW was in like 1994 when they only had ECW Hardcore TV airing in the Philadelphia market.. It was on like Hard Copy or one of those shows, and they ran a segment on it because of the violence, and the way they used to allow the fans to bring in whatever weapons they wanted the wrestlers to use. Then they went back into the underground, and resurfaced for me when they appeared on RAW as "Extremely Crappy Wrestling" to promote Barely Legal..

..and yeah.. Old school 90's AJPW.. Dear God. I can't imagine sitting up there in the torture rack position, waiting for Kobashi to deliver his Burning Hammer knowing that there is a great chance your career and/or life might end in a couple seconds. The Gonso Bomb was another sick moment, and I read it was improv'd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If WWE just let their dudes talk unscripted again, they' be MUCH more entertaining and they'd find their next Austin or Rock much faster. Expecting the next megastar to arrive by speaking for them will never work. T
    For a good laugh, go back and watch the 93 or 94 Rumble.. They gave all 30 participants a 15 second promo before the match.. at EVERY wrestler all juiced up and screaming in some monster voice.. Then Ultimate Warrior comes on and he takes it a step further and just snarls and growls and

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the ppv that just went by was fkn followed up by raw with more bs roman crap for no.1 contender

but njpw ppv during the week in san francisco was off the charts, some of them white wrestlers in there has some acrobatic moves that is likely ban in wwe, let alone if these guys make the switch will end up as jobbers or less freedom to work with their character gimmicks...

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    RIP Nikolai Volkoff and Brian Christopher

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Dead wrestler of the week:

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    bring back Muhammad Hassan

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So was the Montreal SCrewjob a work or a shoot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So was the Montreal SCrewjob a work or a shoot?
    Work imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batista apparently returning for Smackdown tonight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, how so? A work that went 13 years and about a dozen lawsuits? Yah, knowingly breach a contract purposely for the sake of a wrestling angle with zero payoff. Makes perfect sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, how so? A work that went 13 years and about a dozen lawsuits? Yah, knowingly breach a contract purposely for the sake of a wrestling angle with zero payoff. Makes perfect sense.
    I saw a shoot interview with Jake Roberts, and I agree with him. I'll post it later today.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I wish they didnt kull Muhammad Hassan.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Just watched the beginning of tonight’s Raw... damn, Reigns has Leukemia. That sucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watched the beginning of tonight’s Raw... damn, Reigns has Leukemia. That sucks.
    Not a fan of the push they give him because he's more of a natural Batista than a forced Cena, but this sucks. I hope he beats it.

The one thing it does is add some much needed excitement to the product that it could really use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That doesn't give any actual evidence of a work, it's just Jake giving his opinion on things and hard to even take it with a grain of salt as he was out of the company a year before the screw job and then he said the Clique was running the WWF during the screwjob period- with 3/5 of them in WCW?

Nothingburger. It was a shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't give any actual evidence of a work, it's just Jake giving his opinion on things and hard to even take it with a grain of salt as he was out of the company a year before the screw job and then he said the Clique was running the WWF during the screwjob period- with 3/5 of them in WCW?

Nothingburger. It was a shoot.
    He was writing for Vince during the screw job.

My personal opinion on it is this:

Brett was being do ented at the time for Wrestling with Shadows. This was all a work and Brett and Vince laughed all the way to the bank.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was writing for Vince during the screw job.

My personal opinion on it is this:

Brett was being do ented at the time for Wrestling with Shadows. This was all a work and Brett and Vince laughed all the way to the bank.

Goes to show how much drugs and alkie screwed his mind up. Snake was released in very early 97 when they offered him a writing role and asked him to retire from the ring. Drug use showed up and he was gone well before the great 97 turnaround.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skimmed Crown Jewel. DO NOT watch this show. Seriously one of the worst pay per views since December to Dismember. Just God awful from head to toe.

3/4 their main event were bald seniors and the one with hair was older than the other three. Age really showed in that match.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the show and never was going to. I figured the Crown Jewel show would be terrible and hearing the results it's worse than I thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors are NPJW is offering huge contracts to top WWE talent

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Kenny Omega vs Seth Rollins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't catch the whole show last night, but the main event was booked awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R.I.P.

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    First time I saw Larry "The Axe" Hennig was in Fresno (TV) he was with Jack Long (Harley Race) as a tag team.

He was good but not among the elite.

RIP

Last edited by JohnnyZ; 12-07-2018 at 04:31 AM.

Thread Information