Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 1859
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol some fat guys standing around for a majority of those 6 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince has to be ting his business suit right now as he now knows he has a serious threat to his business.. AEW reps have said they aren't interested in a Monday Night War or competing w/ Vince, but I don't buy it. Billionaire Ted has to be licking his lips at the thought of a rematch..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince has to be ting his business suit right now as he now knows he has a serious threat to his business.. AEW reps have said they aren't interested in a Monday Night War or competing w/ Vince, but I don't buy it. Billionaire Ted has to be licking his lips at the thought of a rematch..

And he's got the XFL on his plate, too. AEW running on Mondays would be the thing to reignite a lot of interest in wrestling. Only thing is AEW isn't quite ready yet.

They need to establish themselves and their first major star before trying to go head to head. All-In was very impressive, but it's a lot easier to book a one nighter than weeklies and a full on promotion. Do what TNA wanted to do without the ery and then go at it.

I can see viability in Cody and Kenny Omega...but the Young Bucks ing suck. Don't care how cool their flippy is to some people, it looks so awful.

Would be cool to see if the WWE would start running NXT shows opposite of AEW shows...if they were smart anyways. But they'd probably run their own main card with a chick headline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he's got the XFL on his plate, too. AEW running on Mondays would be the thing to reignite a lot of interest in wrestling. Only thing is AEW isn't quite ready yet.

They need to establish themselves and their first major star before trying to go head to head. All-In was very impressive, but it's a lot easier to book a one nighter than weeklies and a full on promotion. Do what TNA wanted to do without the ery and then go at it.

I can see viability in Cody and Kenny Omega...but the Young Bucks ing suck. Don't care how cool their flippy is to some people, it looks so awful.

Would be cool to see if the WWE would start running NXT shows opposite of AEW shows...if they were smart anyways. But they'd probably run their own main card with a chick headline.
    You're right, they aren't ready.. My thought is they will test the waters first, and depending how things go from there. WWE is ing trash and I know even the older kids have to be getting tired of their too. Once they see some of these AEW stars in action like Omega, Pentagon, Pac, CIMA, Angelico, The Young Bucks (I've seen them live several times I have to disagree there but I do think they've both gotten older and gained some weight), etc, they're gonna earn a ton of new fans.. We'll see how Billy Gunn and BJ Whitmer handle the production duties..

Hopefully AEW strikes some deals with some other promotions to bring in some extra talent too..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, they aren't ready.. My thought is they will test the waters first, and depending how things go from there. WWE is ing trash and I know even the older kids have to be getting tired of their too. Once they see some of these AEW stars in action like Omega, Pentagon, Pac, CIMA, Angelico, The Young Bucks (I've seen them live several times I have to disagree there but I do think they've both gotten older and gained some weight), etc, they're gonna earn a ton of new fans.. We'll see how Billy Gunn and BJ Whitmer handle the production duties..

Hopefully AEW strikes some deals with some other promotions to bring in some extra talent too..

That's the thing...the match quality is the best it's ever been in WWE up and down the card so it's not like AEW has much of a leg up there, no matter who they bring in and honestly, they can bring in all the best in the world the WWE hasn't contracted yet, but if they have any hopes of catching mainstream foothold, they need some names.

They have the finances and they have wrestling people running the company. They have a TV deal that has heavy nostalgia within the industry and an awesome talent. They need to find a way to make people care about their talent and make them want to see matches beyond "oh that's cool" which only panders to the hardcore audience but not the causal.

The E ing flunks. How NXT and the main brand can be sooooo far off as far as how simple it is to make a quality show. NXT has a constantly revolving door yet everyone gets over as and then they go to the main show and 90% die.

If NXT went head to head, it'd be all bad for AEW as NXT is basically the same product. But, fortunately, they've got a chance against the "main" show which is poorly booked and written. If they just did what NXT does, it'd be sooo much better.

What AEW does have is the benefit of having the cash and platform to promote all the stars leaving the WWE, so there is built talent that is still young they can use to draw and get mainstream attention. Ambrose, PAC are smart pickups and now there's a viable, real 2nd place to go. I can seen Steen and Zayne ending up there too.

The one thing they need to do is don't do the comedy like Chikara or the Joey Ryan spots or Chuck Taylor's grenade or any that makes your 5* matches on the card automatically worthless. Cool to entertain your 500+ indy fanbois, but the mainstream wont get it and you KILL your product regardless if everyone knows it's fake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the thing...the match quality is the best it's ever been in WWE up and down the card so it's not like AEW has much of a leg up there, no matter who they bring in and honestly, they can bring in all the best in the world the WWE hasn't contracted yet, but if they have any hopes of catching mainstream foothold, they need some names.

They have the finances and they have wrestling people running the company. They have a TV deal that has heavy nostalgia within the industry and an awesome talent. They need to find a way to make people care about their talent and make them want to see matches beyond "oh that's cool" which only panders to the hardcore audience but not the causal.

The E ing flunks. How NXT and the main brand can be sooooo far off as far as how simple it is to make a quality show. NXT has a constantly revolving door yet everyone gets over as and then they go to the main show and 90% die.

If NXT went head to head, it'd be all bad for AEW as NXT is basically the same product. But, fortunately, they've got a chance against the "main" show which is poorly booked and written. If they just did what NXT does, it'd be sooo much better.

What AEW does have is the benefit of having the cash and platform to promote all the stars leaving the WWE, so there is built talent that is still young they can use to draw and get mainstream attention. Ambrose, PAC are smart pickups and now there's a viable, real 2nd place to go. I can seen Steen and Zayne ending up there too.

The one thing they need to do is don't do the comedy like Chikara or the Joey Ryan spots or Chuck Taylor's grenade or any that makes your 5* matches on the card automatically worthless. Cool to entertain your 500+ indy fanbois, but the mainstream wont get it and you KILL your product regardless if everyone knows it's fake.
    WWE has never had a roster this deep.. Their struggles are 100% back stage. Judging by the influx of complainers and tweets in the company, I was expecting a lot more talents to demand releases. The good thing is a lot of the better wrestlers in the company aren't really , so them getting released is really no issue for Vince.. But then you got a guy like Luke Harper who they absolutely won't allow to walk because he's tall

Ricochet would have been a big addition to the AEW Roster, the Nazi Experience (or whatever they're called this week) would have been as well.

Botcha Banks is trying to leave too tweeting to Tessa Blanchard challenging her to a match and , but they're gonna freeze her out and make her complete her commitments

SMH Joey Ryan.. I you not man me and my homie were about 2/2000 NOT cheering for that gots bull . Seriously, if my kid was w/ me and Joey Ryan is on the card, that's the bathroom break and food op. This got was super happy because Joey Ryan gave his presucked blowpop to him, put it right in his mouth.. Then the whole crowd starts chanting "You have herpes" and pointing at him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WWE has never had a roster this deep.. Their struggles are 100% back stage. Judging by the influx of complainers and tweets in the company, I was expecting a lot more talents to demand releases. The good thing is a lot of the better wrestlers in the company aren't really , so them getting released is really no issue for Vince.. But then you got a guy like Luke Harper who they absolutely won't allow to walk because he's tall

Ricochet would have been a big addition to the AEW Roster, the Nazi Experience (or whatever they're called this week) would have been as well.

Botcha Banks is trying to leave too tweeting to Tessa Blanchard challenging her to a match and , but they're gonna freeze her out and make her complete her commitments

SMH Joey Ryan.. I you not man me and my homie were about 2/2000 NOT cheering for that gots bull . Seriously, if my kid was w/ me and Joey Ryan is on the card, that's the bathroom break and food op. This got was super happy because Joey Ryan gave his presucked blowpop to him, put it right in his mouth.. Then the whole crowd starts chanting "You have herpes" and pointing at him
    I remember seeing him during the Mustache Ride era at ACW a few times. Was cool and then it just got stupid. I even think I had a Ryan shirt. God... that was such a fun ass local indy...had everything...old school Texas rasslin, flippy rasslin, strong style and a hardcore and they were good bringing in talent. Saw Masada, BxB Hulk, Chris Hero, Arik Cannon, Bryan Danielson, Low Ki, Necro Butcher and some others. Good indy.

Yeah, I agree. Sashsa Banks sucks. And Bailey. She's the ing generic mayonnaise of female wrestling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember seeing him during the Mustache Ride era at ACW a few times. Was cool and then it just got stupid. I even think I had a Ryan shirt. God... that was such a fun ass local indy...had everything...old school Texas rasslin, flippy rasslin, strong style and a hardcore and they were good bringing in talent. Saw Masada, BxB Hulk, Chris Hero, Arik Cannon, Bryan Danielson, Low Ki, Necro Butcher and some others. Good indy.

Yeah, I agree. Sashsa Banks sucks. And Bailey. She's the ing generic mayonnaise of female wrestling.
    I've been to quite a few RoH shows here in SA, and have been able to see some really good talent over the years:

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Female rasslin' totally sucks, it's really bad.

Digging these... Dark Side of the Ring.... series on VICE,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Female rasslin' totally sucks, it's really bad.

Digging these... Dark Side of the Ring.... series on VICE,
    Very few women are able to move in a way that doesn't look like a badly choreographed D movie action scene during their spots.. It's hard not to sound sexist, but it's ing true. Gail Kim is one of the few women who moves like the men do.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very few women are able to move in a way that doesn't look like a badly choreographed D movie action scene during their spots.. It's hard not to sound sexist, but it's ing true. Gail Kim is one of the few women who moves like the men do.
    Their rumble is a joke too, they have to climb on the bottom rope to get propelled over. That's how you know they're getting eliminated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their rumble is a joke too, they have to climb on the bottom rope to get propelled over. That's how you know they're getting eliminated
    I never noticed.. I've never watched a women's royal rumble tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never noticed.. I've never watched a women's royal rumble tbh
    My friend have a rumble post every year and we put money into it so that's why I watched

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw the Moxley AEW debut...man, those were some awful double arm DDTs. Mick Foley's decrepit ass could hit better looking DDTs than that.

Either way, kinda excited to see how everything pans out in this new "war".

The mid carders who didn't get any shine showing up on AEW will be all kinds of over because of the nostalgic feel of the MNW days when dudes were jumping companies left and right.

There's one talent right now that would make AEW legit compe ion. Want to play WCW, be WCW and get the biggest name out there. Get Cena. Turn him uber ing heel against the fanboy audience and just run through everyone and then drop to Omega. Would be GOLD. Cena has more heel ability than anyone in the biz, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw the Moxley AEW debut...man, those were some awful double arm DDTs. Mick Foley's decrepit ass could hit better looking DDTs than that.

Either way, kinda excited to see how everything pans out in this new "war".

The mid carders who didn't get any shine showing up on AEW will be all kinds of over because of the nostalgic feel of the MNW days when dudes were jumping companies left and right.

There's one talent right now that would make AEW legit compe ion. Want to play WCW, be WCW and get the biggest name out there. Get Cena. Turn him uber ing heel against the fanboy audience and just run through everyone and then drop to Omega. Would be GOLD. Cena has more heel ability than anyone in the biz, tbh.
    They don't have the money for Cena, whatever they'll pay him he'll just walk up to vince and he'll match it, plus let him have all the days off. Their best shot is Punk, also that intro sucked in terms of production, it took him like 5 minutes to get to the ring, shoulda just did the run in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley tbh and yeah his DDT is . Still feels like the old days with rasslin on TNT

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley tbh and yeah his DDT is . Still feels like the old days with rasslin on TNT

He was pretty damn over rated for a guy who is 50% Necro Butcher, 50% watered down Pillman.

Did see the Cody/Goldust match...that was pretty damn good. Dustin is one of the best 50 year old workers ever.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Like back in the day now these guys will have some leverage when it comes time to talk contracts/$$$$. Will it be Memphis, UWF, World Class, AWA, WCW, WWE? No not really but they will have...AEW....which won't help the WWE any.

This is a good thing.

Imagine a time with at least 100 "name" rasslers out there all at work at the same time, yep, the best of times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was pretty damn over rated for a guy who is 50% Necro Butcher, 50% watered down Pillman.

Did see the Cody/Goldust match...that was pretty damn good. Dustin is one of the best 50 year old workers ever.

My Team
    Brooklyn Nets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prefer new japan atm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prefer new japan atm
    Yup. Kenny Omega and the Bucks showing they are hot garbage outside of NewJap.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brock Lesnar has been announced for the September 30 WWE RAW from the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [FONT="]Brock Lesnar has been announced for the September 30 [/FONT]WWE[FONT="] RAW from the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona.

[/FONT]
    this chumps appears on smackdown, and gets a fkn le shot...it be hard to get the belt of him if he gets it...this is fkn lame, just as lame as seth holding the belt and getting many chances at it...

zayne, owens and the other turd daniel bryan are hard to watch and support, its always the same bs or just lame story creators with no direction with these 3 turds...not a fan of them

atm newjapan>>>aew, .... aew needs a weekly show very bad, im starting to lose interest in them atm

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    nxt vs aew war begins tonight.............nxt goes 2 hours.............which show r u watching live

Thread Information