Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum wants to come to SA

The best option would for him to sign the qualifying offer, and sign with us next summer. If Batum comes for $8-10 million a year, then I'll take him. Leonard and Batum SF & SG duo would be a pretty dang good start to rebuild.
    Yea did Batum say he wanted to play with the spurs? And If him and Parker are friends he just might.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum wants to come to SA

The best option would for him to sign the qualifying offer, and sign with us next summer. If Batum comes for $8-10 million a year, then I'll take him. Leonard and Batum SF & SG duo would be a pretty dang good start to rebuild.
    Passing up on $8-10M isn't an easy thing for someone to do, no matter how much they want to play for a particular team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Passing up on $8-10M isn't an easy thing for someone to do, no matter how much they want to play for a particular team.
    That's why I'm calling for a sign and trade deal. We give up multiple players to get him...thing is, would Portland take the bait? I'd give up Neal, Blair, and Green for him. I'd even throw in Splitter and two of the others for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I'm calling for a sign and trade deal. We give up multiple players to get him...thing is, would Portland take the bait? I'd give up Neal, Blair, and Green for him. I'd even throw in Splitter and two of the others for him.
    Highly, highly doubtful. None of those players outside of maybe Splitter are starting-caliber, which is what they'd lose in Batum. Quan y doesn't necessarily equal quality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea did Batum say he wanted to play with the spurs? And If him and Parker are friends he just might.
    It seems to be written on the wall for quite a while, since he was supposed to be drafted by us but of course he isn't going to say it. Some fans from other teams have also noticed the relationship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well goodluck to the team who pays him $13 million a year unless he improves being a shot creator gradually

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S&T Green/Bonner/Blair for Batum?

This could backfire if the Spurs meet the Blazers in the playoffs and Green scores 25 in a quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    batum is soft.
    I wouldn't trade Green for him.
    Much less pay him 8 frigging M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    batum is soft.
    I wouldn't trade Green for him.
    Much less pay him 8 frigging M
    Is he as good a defender as Green is?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    S&T Green/Bonner/Blair for Batum?

This could backfire if the Spurs meet the Blazers in the playoffs and Green scores 25 in a quarter.
    People in here with cavier tastes, but a tunafish wallet. Spurs can't afford to sign Batum. And even worse, what would ever possess Portland to S&T Batum for three marginal scrubs with little to no upside? Why is it that Spurs fans feel as if their garbage is everybody else's treasure? Two of those players would barely scratch the back end of the rotation and Green, who plays well within the system in SA would probably be marginal at best in Portland. Green is so overrated amongst Spurs fans in this forum, it isn't even funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair with Green, Portland fans also overrate Batum a lot and it's even funny. He has been the new Pippen for the last 4 seasons and for a career 10/4 guy i would never pay 10m/year.

As for all the talk of lock-down defender, Batum was among the top 5 worst defenders in the league according to synergy last year. He may have to defend the best perimeter players in the league, but so does Lebron, Iggy and Tony Allen and they're always among the best perimeter defenders in the NBA.

Most Spurs fans think that what the neighbor has is always better than what we have, but that's not true most of the time.
    Last edited by elemento; 06-30-2012 at 09:56 AM.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    based on last season, Leonard > Batum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    based on last season, Leonard > Batum
    Has Batum ever held Durant to 22 points?

TBH I think the Batum contingent are those folk who would like to turn the Spurs into the French national team short of S&Ting Duncan for Seraphin or Noah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH I think the Batum contingent are those folk who would like to turn the Spurs into the French national team short of S&Ting Duncan for Seraphin or Noah.
    , do you really think Leonard was the reason for this by himself? What happened in the other 5 games then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, you're knocking players because of where they come from? They can come from a hole in Antarctica for all I care as long as they can ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum sucks? Are you kidding? The kid has a load of potential.
    I will take great or good right now then I would someone with Potential....Every time I hear the word potential I think of bust.........sorry but he can play the game but is not a basketball player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will take great or good right now then I would someone with Potential....Every time I hear the word potential I think of bust.........sorry but he can play the game but is not a basketball player.
    So are you insinuating Green is great or good AND better than Batum? If you are, what are you smoking and can I have some?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let batum work under pop and he'll be a monster0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum strikes me as mentally soft, or worse, uninterested at key times. He hasn't had the opportunity to choke BC the blazers haven't made a significant playoff run, but I just get the feeling he'd shrink in the big moment. Portland can have him to pair along their other mentally soft player lamarcus Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Na,Batum isn't a SG. He could play some minutes but I can't imagine him guarding players like Wade,Bryant,Harden.... every play . And he's not Durant to surpass them with his size and dribbling in the other end.

Last year it would be different but now we have Leonard. So unless we want to play Leonard at 4 Batum is not a priority

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Na,Batum isn't a SG. He could play some minutes but I can't imagine him guarding players like Wade,Bryant,Harden.... every play . And he's not Durant to surpass them with his size and dribbling in the other end.

Last year it would be different but now we have Leonard. So unless we want to play Leonard at 4 Batum is not a priority
    Leonard showed he could play some 2 guard last season. And as far as I'm concerned Batum>Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum strikes me as mentally soft, or worse, uninterested at key times. He hasn't had the opportunity to choke BC the blazers haven't made a significant playoff run, but I just get the feeling he'd shrink in the big moment. Portland can have him to pair along their other mentally soft player lamarcus Aldridge
    How many playoff series has he won again?

Leonard showed he could play some 2 guard last season. And as far as I'm concerned Batum>Green.
    Eh, in Pop's system there's no difference in how a 2 and 3 work, except if the wing is named Manu.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you insinuating Green is great or good AND better than Batum? If you are, what are you smoking and can I have some?

No you can not have what I am smoking cause it is the good stuff. As far as Green he should be a of A LOT cheaper then Batum's who is HIGHLY overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't afford Batum for the type of money he's going to ask for. Move on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't afford Batum for the type of money he's going to ask for. Move on.

Thread Information