Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland is paying like 8 crippled ex-players. Batum has to get in line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wolves just gave him a offer of 40-50m/4yr deal....lmao no way his worth that much let alone anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingbl...4&feedID=5212&
    10-12 mil per year offers already according to site for Batum . Can we please close this thread now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would've liked Batum a lot LAST year. . .but I don't know if we're able to sign him now. We need to re-sign Diaw too. . .I would say that's more important than adding to the team.

Adding Batum (over Green) also adds 5-7 mil to the team salary, which just about sends them into the tax, doesn't it?

Though tbh, I did look up how much money the Spurs make, and they're the 7th most profitable team in the NBA in terms of income to expense ratio (and close to being #5). So they could certainly be spending more and still be well into the black.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Source says Nic Batum wants no part of the Trail Blazers

Nic Batum does not want to return to the Portland Trail Blazers, according to an NBA source close to the situation.

Batum, a free agent who visited the Minnesota Timberwolves this week, is said to have told the Blazers Tuesday that he does not want to return to the team under any cir stances.

Minnesota has reportedly offered Batum $45 million over four seasons but is said to be willing to negotiate a sign-and-trade deal with the Trail Blazers for a package that might include players and future draft choices. Batum's agent tried to negotiate a contract extension during the season but believes the team low-balled him with an offer estimated around $6 million.

"Batum never wants to play in Portland again," the source said. "And has determined that Minnesota is the best for him and his family."

Apparently he has a relationship with Wolves point guard Rickey Rubio and while in Minnesota this week developed a relationship with the team's coach, Rick Adelman.

http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingdw...74&feedID=8351

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The curse on the Blazers strikes again...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Quick ‏@jwquick
    Blazers just complete meeting w/Batum and agent in downtown Portland and say they will match any offer and will not engage in sign-and-trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max offer time to test that theory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously this thread is NBA forum material. Has nothing to do with the Spurs anymore (and really never did).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max offer time to test that theory
    Based on how this free agency period has played out thus far, a max offer for Batum wouldn't surprise me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously this thread is NBA forum material. Has nothing to do with the Spurs anymore (and really never did).
    Like the nash to lakers thread?

It happens, it's the off season...things like this are discussed..even in the Spurs forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the nash to lakers thread?

It happens, it's the off season...things like this are discussed..even in the Spurs forum.
    It also happens when your team sits on its ass with only a 59th pick of another undersized player to show for it while everybody else is wheeling and dealing like there is no tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Quick ‏@jwquick
    Blazers just complete meeting w/Batum and agent in downtown Portland and say they will match any offer and will not engage in sign-and-trade
    Only the Blazers. More money than common sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also happens when your team sits on its ass with only a 59th pick of another undersized player to show for it while everybody else is wheeling and dealing like there is no tomorrow.
    Would you seriously go after FAs if 1. you're in cap-space and all you have is the MLE and 2. it would be wiser to get the gang together again instead of risking a bad fit player a la Richard Jefferson?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Would you seriously go after FAs if 1. you're in cap-space and all you have is the MLE and 2. it would be wiser to get the gang together again instead of risking a bad fit player a la Richard Jefferson?
    That was a risk the franchise took when they signed RJ. A colossel mistake like that has made the organization cautious saavy when dealing with free agents on the open market and in trade proposals. The Spurs are in a state of mind where they flat out refuse to take any risks for fear they'll get "Richard Jeffersoned".

The Spurs won't be making a splash this offseason until all the major players are off the board and most team's roster's are complete. Then they'll go dumpster diving to pick over any remaining stragglers that no other team wanted.

And when they can help themselves like amnesting Matt Bonner, they won't because ethical/moral principles and out of pocket costs overrides fufilling team needs and shoring up weaknesses.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you watched them do nothing in person?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers did the rest of the league a big favour trying to keep this softy.
    Minnesota is doing the Blazers an even bigger favour. >40 M for this guy.

No matter how stupid you look, there is always one who is more stupid.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    If Batum really wants out, there is any easy way. Accept the QO and leave next summer. Plenty of teams will have money, and he will be unrestricted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    45m contract to Nicolas Batum

Teams are insane this off-season. Role players getting a load of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Batum really wants out, there is any easy way. Accept the QO and leave next summer. Plenty of teams will have money, and he will be unrestricted.
    +1

All these guys that and moan about where they play, and where they want to play, have complete control of their futures. Just play out your contract and go where you want to go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you watched them do nothing in person?
    They're not making hyped signing announcements right now like the teams that are willing to overpay for players are doing, therefore they're doing nothing.

Q.E.D., tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not making hyped signing announcements right now like the teams that are willing to overpay for players are doing, therefore they're doing nothing.

Q.E.D., tbh
    So, in your world, what have the Spurs done so far at this point in the offseason? I'm not saying they won't do anything but at THIS point, they haven't...unless you see something they've done that no one else sees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those interested, good article on l'affaire Batum:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore..._is_doing.html

Thread Information