Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingbl...42&feedID=5212

Is there no way in we can do a sign and trade for him to play SG? Excuse my ignorance, but can we deal restricted a FA of our own in Green as part of a package to get Batum? Package would be Green, Neal, Bonner for Batum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingbl...42&feedID=5212

Is there no way in we can do a sign and trade for him to play SG? Excuse my ignorance, but can we deal restricted a FA of our own in Green as part of a package to get Batum? Package would be Green, Neal, Bonner for Batum?
    Why would Portland make that trade?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POR must have low-balled Batum badly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he can do what most players do and cry and say let them go or trade them to a team or they won't play/or become a cancer in the locker room.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way I want Batum for the money he'll be asking when Leonard is already here cheaply. The Spurs need a 4 and a backup PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the trailblazers did was use there qualifying offer. OF course Batum considers it too low, but the Blazers have all the momentum in talks and might not even make an offer till other teams start to make there own..Tough luck for Batum...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are for sure some drama around Batum new contract.

The main reason for that drama is that it's the first time Batum's agent is negotiating a big contract. He knows that if he can get Batum a fat contract, it will open him the door to become a significant NBA agent. Batum's agent is going to fight hard to get the most money because his career as an agent is in play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reports from France is that Batum draws a lot of interest. Timberwolves and Hornets are among teams interested in him and they have the capspace. If Blazers don't want to offer him a big contract, they will likely have to decide whether or not to match a big offer he will receive. I can really see a team like Hornets giving Batum tons of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way I want Batum for the money he'll be asking when Leonard is already here cheaply. The Spurs need a 4 and a backup PG.
    Yeah? Ok who do you think will be the SG when Manu retires? Don't you think we'll need to address that ASAP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah? Ok who do you think will be the SG when Manu retires? Don't you think we'll need to address that ASAP?
    Doesn't matter. Don't have the cap space to bid on Batum and a trade like the one you suggest has no chance of becoming reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter. Don't have the cap space to bid on Batum and a trade like the one you suggest has no chance of becoming reality.
    I just remember TP clearly being on record saying we had a chance to get him in the offseason. Of course, he's not running things but why would he say that if the team has zero chance in getting him like many here think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just remember TP clearly being on record saying we had a chance to get him in the offseason. Of course, he's not running things but why would he say that if the team has zero chance in getting him like many here think?
    Ask Tony.

Fact is, we don't have the cap space to make an offer to Batum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Regardless of what Parker says, it's delusional to think Spurs land Batum, and anyway, why not just work on Leonard's game instead of acquiring someone else to fill the same role? The Spurs have several off-season priorities, this isn't one of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why would Portland make that trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Regardless of what Parker says, it's delusional to think Spurs land Batum, and anyway, why not just work on Leonard's game instead of acquiring someone else to fill the same role? The Spurs have several off-season priorities, this isn't one of them
    Ok fair enough on Batum being a pipe dream but why do people constantly assume Batum can only play the 3? He played SEVERAL games at the 2 for the Blazers and in international play. And having Kawhi and Batum as a one-two punch is not a detriment to a team. The Spurs do have several off-season priorities, and getting an athlete with huge upside like Batum IS one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok fair enough on Batum being a pipe dream but why do people constantly assume Batum can only play the 3? He played SEVERAL games at the 2 for the Blazers and in international play. And having Kawhi and Batum as a one-two punch is not a detriment to a team. The Spurs do have several off-season priorities, and getting an athlete with huge upside like Batum IS one of them.
    It is, but its a lot lower on the list than things like getting a starting caliber PF, or someone to patrol the paint when Duncan is on the bench. Given the limited assets the Spurs have and the areas where they are weakest, it doesn't make a ton of sense to use those limited resources on a position where they are compe ive with most of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is, but its a lot lower on the list than things like getting a starting caliber PF, or someone to patrol the paint when Duncan is on the bench. Given the limited assets the Spurs have and the areas where they are weakest, it doesn't make a ton of sense to use those limited resources on a position where they are compe ive with most of the league.
    Lack of bigs wasn't the main reason why we lost to the Thunder. The main reason was that they outgunned us and had more athletes than we had. Replace Green with Batum and we easily would've won that series. Besting the Thunder is all that should matter to the Spurs right now. And what starting caliber PF is accessible to us right now? Lorbek? A rookie who will be 29 next season in his rookie season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lack of bigs wasn't the main reason why we lost to the Thunder. The main reason was that they outgunned us and had more athletes than we had. Replace Green with Batum and we easily would've won that series. Besting the Thunder is all that should matter to the Spurs right now. And what starting caliber PF is accessible to us right now? Lorbek? A rookie who will be 29 next season in his rookie season?
    The problem was that Pop panicked and threw Manu into the starting lineup when it was clear the Thunder were hitting all the shots the Spurs gave up (i.e., midrange jumpers, which Pop determines as the least efficient shot) and the guys not named Leonard or Jackson were hitting a cold spell due to streakiness (Green) illness (Neal) or typical playoff choking (Bonner).

Also, would turning the Spurs into the French national team short of trading for Kevin Seraphin or Joakim Noah really be the answer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ADAM HANGA...........THAT IS RIGHT I SAID IT........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is like the 10th Batum thread of the offseason and they all reach the same conclusion.

The only way the Spurs have a shot at him this summer is if Duncan and Ginobili both retire, the Spurs pony up big money, and the Blazers decide not to match. The only other scenario is that he signs the one-year tender, declines long-term offers from other teams this season, and the Spurs make a run at him next season as an unrestricted free agent.

I guess either of those could play out, but neither is likely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost because we don't have guys who can dribble the freakin ball. We are a jump shooting three point team. They just stepped out and we could not dribble the ball without turning it over. Also we could not come close to replacing Parker or Duncan when they went out of the game.

Ps. Batum sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost because we don't have guys who can dribble the freakin ball. We are a jump shooting three point team. They just stepped out and we could not dribble the ball without turning it over. Also we could not come close to replacing Parker or Duncan when they went out of the game.

Ps. Batum sucks.
    Batum sucks? Are you kidding? The kid has a load of potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum wants to come to SA

The best option would for him to sign the qualifying offer, and sign with us next summer. If Batum comes for $8-10 million a year, then I'll take him. Leonard and Batum SF & SG duo would be a pretty dang good start to rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem was that Pop panicked and threw Manu into the starting lineup when it was clear the Thunder were hitting all the shots the Spurs gave up (i.e., midrange jumpers, which Pop determines as the least efficient shot) and the guys not named Leonard or Jackson were hitting a cold spell due to streakiness (Green) illness (Neal) or typical playoff choking (Bonner).

Also, would turning the Spurs into the French national team short of trading for Kevin Seraphin or Joakim Noah really be the answer?
    So now we're knocking players because of their nationality? What kind of reasoning is that? If a player is good, he's freaking good. Oh, and having Manu as a starter is NOT a problem. Since when is it a problem to start a Hall of Fame player? Especially when the guy he was replacing turned to a deer-in-headlights when the going got rough?

Thread Information