Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For your reading pleasure:

Snip out Longo, and you might have a point. Kuzma is still a non-issue on defense, though. He's the 83rd worse PF in the league defensively out of 91. And Ingram gets an incomplete grade this year due to injury. Ironically, an over the hill Brook Lopez has been your best player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Subliminal message in that pic. 2014. That's the year the Spurs won the ring. That was the beginning of no more playoffs for the Lakers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Snip out Longo, and you might have a point. Kuzma is still a non-issue on defense, though. He's the 83rd worse PF in the league defensively out of 91. And Ingram gets an incomplete grade this year due to injury. Ironically, an over the hill Brook Lopez has been your best player
    If we listened to the Spur experts ...we would have shipped out Ingram after last year and drafted Oakafor the year before... Russell helped us get Kuz ...
    lol defensive rankings...But KK does need work ... he has improved on that end as the year went on ...and probably shouldnt be a 4 anyways unless he gets much stronger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we listened to the Spur experts ...we would have shipped out Ingram after last year and drafted Oakafor the year before... Russell helped us get Kuz ...
    lol defensive rankings...But KK does need work ... he has improved on that end as the year went on ...and probably shouldnt be a 4 anyways unless he gets much stronger.
    Ingram is the only Lakers draftee I backed (I also backed Randle, saying he was the logical pick at 7, when Luva wanted Vonlee. Still think Randle's Karl Malone style sans the elbow jumper won't work long term, though). I was also high on Kuzma during the SL, saying he got flat out robbed of the MVP (which Longo won shooting something like 33%). I was right about D'Bust, too. Ain't exactly lighting it up with the Nets. He ranks 83rd per RPM among PGs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Inconvenient truth bombs for you imbeciles:

At this point, I'd love to see the Lakers grow from within into contenders. We got some nice young pieces to build around.

Kind of reminds me of NVE, Eddie Jones, Seldom Campbell era. Fun team that wasn't ready to win. Meanwhile Maginka, like Logo, set up our cap up and roster for luring the Big Fish. Logo signed Snaq and drafted Kobe. My hope is Maginka is in position to either:

1) Sign 2 max free agents
    2) Sacrifice some pieces for another disgruntled star (wink wink) then still...
    3) Sign 2 max free agents or
    4) Sign 1 max free agent/Randle then punt cap space to 2019

I'm honestly good either way. You farmers won't admit it, but our future is bright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Man, not only are you not very bright, the sources you regurgitated from isn't either.

The Lakers have played 78 games this season, and are 24-28 with Lonzo, and 10-16 without. Assuming the Lakers would have the same winning percentage in games Longo didn't play as compared to the games that he did play, the Lakers would have won 2 more games if Lonzo played in all 78.

For Ingram, the difference is another 2 games.

Now, in the best case scenario for the Lakers, they would have won 4 more games with both of them played the entire 78 so far (there were games both of them missed), the Lakers would have been 38-40, still out of playoff contention.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count

At this point, I'd love to see the Lakers grow from within into contenders. We got some nice young pieces to build around.

Kind of reminds me of NVE, Eddie Jones, Seldom Campbell era. Fun team that wasn't ready to win. Meanwhile Maginka, like Logo, set up our cap up and roster for luring the Big Fish. Logo signed Snaq and drafted Kobe. My hope is Maginka is in position to either:

I'm honestly good either way. You farmers won't admit it, but our future is bright.
    Only pussies and assholes play the injury card

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only pussies and assholes play the injury card

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Longo is addition by subtraction. That er blew 5 games by himself over the Lakers' last 15. He shot something like .230 over the span.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Longo is addition by subtraction. That er blew 5 games by himself over the Lakers' last 15. He shot something like .230 over the span.
    He's a rookie. Peaks and valleys are to be expected. Besides shooting, what does any other rookie do better than him?

And despite you trolling, I bet many players will love to play with him.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He's a rookie. Peaks and valleys are to be expected. Besides shooting, what does any other rookie do better than him?

"Besides the single most important skill every guard needs to have in today's league, what does any other rookie do better than him?"

You can't use the "he's only a rookie" card to defend Lonzo when you were trashing him and advocating for Fultz before the Lakers drafted him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s both funny and pathetic how anybody can even start to divert blame from Kobe.
    It was djohn. djohn is dangerously re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don't just become an efficient shooter in a couple of years after a 30% season. Jason Kidd never did. Rondo never did. Rubio never did. He seems to lack the innate ability to shoot efficiently. There's always hope (the Kawhi factor, who was a dog shooter and turned himself into an above average shooter), but I wouldn't bet on it. I don't really care what he does with his passing and rebounding (note, when a guard is rebounding that much, it's means there's a problem with your frontline). Those attributes for guards aren't as important anymore in today's NBA. Curry, Lilliard, Lowry, these are the molds. Guys who can shoot from deep off the dribble and work out of the pick-and-roll (which Longo can't, because defenses know they can just go under every time since they don't need to worry about him burning them with a jumper).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Besides the single most important skill every guard needs to have in today's league, what does any other rookie do better than him?"

You can't use the "he's only a rookie" card to defend Lonzo when you were trashing him and advocating for Fultz before the Lakers drafted him.
    Defending your main account again, eh mid?

I didn't want the LaVar circus. That didn't mean I felt Fultz was better (he's not).

There is no other rookie in this draft I would rather have than Lonzo. I'll live with his growing pains. In the end, we have a of a PG who players will want to play with for years to come.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Defending your main account again, eh mid?

I didn't want the LaVar circus. That didn't mean I felt Fultz was better (he's not).

There is no other rookie in this draft I would rather have than Lonzo. I'll live with his growing pains. In the end, we have a of a PG who players will want to play with for years to come.
    You were Begging! for Fultz, Josh Jackson, Tatum, anyone other than Lonzo Bust. Those are the facts, Luis.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You don't just become an efficient shooter in a couple of years after a 30% season. Jason Kidd never did. Rondo never did. Rubio never did. He seems to lack the innate ability to shoot efficiently.
    Magic never shot lights out from downtown. Didn't stop him from winning 5 out of 9 rangs.

There's always hope (the Kawhi factor, who was a dog shooter and turned himself into an above average shooter), but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Of course you won't bet on it . More like, you're hoping he won't. Question: did the Mailman come in with an automatic 18 footer? Ewing? Webber? Bruce Bowen from downtown? Shooting can be improved with hard work and repe ion. Will he ever shoot like Curry or Reggie Miller? No. He just needs to be respectable. I believe he will be.

I don't really care what he does with his passing and rebounding (note, when a guard is rebounding that much, it's means there's a problem with your frontline). Those attributes for guards aren't as important anymore in today's NBA.
    He's 6'7" - that's SF size. Of course he will rebound well. Lakers lead the league in pace. You think his ability to rebound and immediately push the rock does not affect our pace? He doesn't have to wait for a big to rebound to ignite a fast break. His ability to rebound is absolutely important to our attack

He also defends and gets deflections/steals - both disrupts the opposition and lead to fast breaks and points in the paint (where we've been #1 most of the year).

You don't care about his passing? There is a STRONG chance PG13 leaves an MVP to play with him this summer. PG13s usage rate is very low playing with Chuckbrook. With Zo, he'll eat early and often.

Randle is a great rebounder. Unless you meant my cousin Brook Lopez is poor at rebounding?

Curry, Lilliard, Lowry these are the molds. Guys who can shoot from deep off the dribble and work out of the pick-and-roll (which Longo can't, because defenses know they can just go under every time since they don't need to worry about him burning them with a jumper).

Lonzo burned you farmers in your barn. He made like 6 3s if I recall correctly.

Bonus question: what's the Lakers record vs the Sp*rs this year?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You were Begging! for Fultz, Josh Jackson, Tatum, anyone other than Lonzo Bust. Those are the facts, Luis.

Guilty as charged. But not for the reasons you're

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic never shot lights out from downtown. Didn't stop him from winning 5 out of 9 rangs.
    Magic plays in today's NBA?

Of course you won't bet on it . More like, you're hoping he won't. Question: did the Mailman come in with an automatic 18 footer? Ewing? Webber? Bruce Bowen from downtown? Shooting can be improved with hard work and repe ion. Will he ever shoot like Curry or Reggie Miller? No. He just needs to be respectable. I believe he will be.
    Maybe, maybe not. His form is completely broken, unlike the other players.

He's 6'7" - that's SF size. Of course he will rebound well. Lakers lead the league in pace. You think his ability to rebound and immediately push the rock does not affect our pace? He doesn't have to wait for a big to rebound to ignite a fast break. His ability to rebound is absolutely important to our attack
    If the ball comes to him above the FT line, fine. But it would actually slow a fast break down if your guard is whoring for boards in the paint. A quicker break would be triggered by your big snatching the board and then quickly outletting to your PG moving toward the half-court line.

He also defends and gets deflections/steals - both disrupts the opposition and lead to fast breaks and points in the paint (where we've been #1 most of the year).
    He's a decent defender, indeed. Guess what, though? Our own Murray is an even better defender. He also leads PGs in rebound rate. And can shoot!

You don't care about his passing? There is a STRONG chance PG13 leaves an MVP to play with him this summer. PG13s usage rate is very low playing with Chuckbrook. With Zo, he'll eat early and often.
    Why do you want a career loser on the downside of his career when you have Ingram? If the Lakers sign George, it'll just further prove they haven't learned from their star chasing mistakes.

And he blew many more games with piss poor shooting.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Magic plays in today's NBA?

Maybe, maybe not. His form is completely broken, unlike the other players.

If the ball comes to him above the FT line, fine. But it would actually slow a fast break down if your guard is whoring for boards in the paint. A quicker break would be triggered by your big snatching the board and then quickly outletting to your PG moving toward the half-court line.

He's a decent defender, indeed. Guess what, though? Our own Murray is an even better defender. He also leads PGs in rebound rate. And can shoot!

Why do you want a career loser on the downside of his career when you have Ingram? If the Lakers sign George, it'll just further prove they haven't learned from their star chasing mistakes.

And he blew many more games with piss poor shooting.
    https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!/?PlayerI...ayerID=1627749

Zo is better than MurrayPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Click on Advanced, look at net rating, and get back to me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Click on Advanced, look at net rating, and get back to me.

How bout Zo 3, Murray 0. What about that?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    mid probably would say Manu had a better career than Kobe. Hard to take him seriously when he says Murray is better than Zo.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Zo unleashed the Legion of BROOM on the Sp*rs

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count

Randle is a great rebounder. Unless you meant my cousin Brook Lopez is poor at rebounding?

e-

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count

Zo unleashed the Legion of BROOM on the Sp*rs
    You can have that, I'll take;;;;

e-

Thread Information