Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People fail to acknowledge that Kobe had to be an MJ/Scottie clone for the Lakers to be successful. He's lead the Lakers in assists and scoring for years. Now with Nash onboard, he can go into attack mode and leave the playmaking primarily to Nash. Teams will pay for tripling him with the game on the line. Nash will get open look after open look. Nash's midrange game will also be deadly playing with the weapons LA has.

This season should be fun. Get your popcorn ready.

I'm burning right now...I can't wait...

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    People fail to acknowledge that Kobe had to be an MJ/Scottie clone for the Lakers to be successful. He's lead the Lakers in assists and scoring for years. Now with Nash onboard, he can go into attack mode and leave the playmaking primarily to Nash. Teams will pay for tripling him with the game on the line. Nash will get open look after open look. Nash's midrange game will also be deadly playing with the weapons LA has.

This season should be fun. Get your popcorn ready.
    the 07' kobe who could drop 81pts in a game is long gone now. nash's impact is very limited in halfcourt offense and him playing no D will definitely hurt the team more than he helps the team at the offensive end, and he'll be playing in LA till he is 41

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lateral move? I know you are re ed but this is beyond stupidity.

But it's totally expected from you. You cannot even be honest about your hating obsession. Shall we bring up all your " Dan Gilbert" threads as Sessions was playing well down the stretch? Apparently you were wrong too. Your obsession really makes you waver in illogical ways. He wilted in the playoffs and that was always a possibility since it was an unknown. And he is now gone.

Nash plays terrible defense. That is a given. No worse than Fisher or Sessions though. Bad is just bad and all 3 are bad. What he does do that neither Fish nor Sessions did/do well is run the prick and roll and make quality entry passes to the bigs in the post. That in itself is a huge upgrade. He also is one of the best shooting guards in the history of the game. Surely a lateral move as Fish and Sessions were so well known for the shooting prowess. hahaha So no more leaving the PG alone to go double Pau, Bynum, or Kobe. WE could go on and on about spreading the floor, taking pressure off Kobe to create, setting up higher % looks for everyone in the purple & gold etc. but it's all lost on you. Lateral move? What a moronic comment and one that shows you just have no grip on reality when it comes to your Laker hate.

Now the intangibles. I love how you morons say the Lakers have mortgaged their future by trading away their picks. The Lakers haven’t had a first round pick since 2007 and have won 2 les since. Brilliant. They are definitely going all in to win now but that in no way mortgages their future. It's the Lakers and I have been hearing this same rant for 40 years. Do any of you know if this is the end of the moves the Lakers are making? No. Who now are thinking, oh with Nash there distributing I am much more interested in going there? Lots of questions still to be answered.

One question that doesn’t though is if this is a lateral move. Any child with minimal basketball knowledge can answer that one.

Unless of course they are consumed, jealous, and obsessed by all the Laker tradition of WINNING!

Sing it Midget! From the mountain tops baby! Sing away!
    Fisher not known for his shooting prowess? And you're the one calling me re ed?

"Now that we got a point guard that's a scoring threat, it'll take a lot of pressure off Kobe allowing him to be more efficient and effective! No more sagging off Fisher to double Kobe! And because he's a good passer as well, he'll set up our bigs with great looks!"

- Lakerfan, immediately following the Ramon Sessions' trade.

Worked out well, didn't it?

Lateral move.

PS: Re ed analysis like this (and from Lkrfan) is why I've avoided the board for the past week. Every time I read a Lakerfan speculating how Steve "38 years old, I have back problems, mediocre in the half-court" Nash is going to transform the Lakers from 2nd round fodder into a champion (like Ramon Sessions was supposed to), it almost makes me want to projectile vomit all over my computer screen.

Lateral in' move. Deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mid spot on with Nash's back problems... Wouldn't surprise me to see him having to borrow a wheelchair from time to time. Luckily, those seem to be available at Staples, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he doesn't have the magical Phoenix staff too.

I think I'd take even the SA training staff...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Going from Fisher to a HOF PG who can pass, make 3s, AND layups is a lateral move?

Comparing Sessions ting the bed to a playoff tested HOFer too?

We'll see mid.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Going from Fisher to a HOF PG who can pass, make 3s, AND layups is a lateral move?

Comparing Sessions ting the bed to a playoff tested HOFer too?

We'll see mid.
    one step forward, two steps back imho. having someone like nash running the point will make scoring abit easier but on the other end of floor you're gonna concede more points, poor perimeter D will allow more direct drive-ins which will result in your bigs (especially Bynum) getting in foul troubles early on and their PT being limited, in return that will reduce your efficiency not only in defense, but at the offensive end as well

thinking a 38yr old shaddy guard who plays zero defense will get you back in contention

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Parker had a 29 point 13 assist game against the Lakers last season with Ramon "average defender" Sessions and Steve "statue" Blake guarding him, I can't imagine how many drives he'll do.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    one step forward, two steps back imho. having someone like nash running the point will make scoring abit easier but on the other end of floor you're gonna concede more points, poor perimeter D will allow more direct drive-ins which will result in your bigs (especially Bynum) getting in foul troubles early on and their PT being limited, in return that will reduce your efficiency not only in defense, but at the offensive end as well

thinking a 38yr old shaddy guard who plays zero defense will get you back in contention
    That maybe true, but opposing PGs won't have night off (defensively) no more. And I could see Nash penetrating and getting opposing bigs in foul trouble just as well. Nash is pretty crafty.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Parker had a 29 point 13 assist game against the Lakers last season with Ramon "average defender" Sessions and Steve "statue" Blake guarding him, I can't imagine how many drives he'll do.
    TP proves DOK's theory tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I beg to differ...you have no real concept of how things work. If we we're to subscribe to your theory then Fisher and Sessions were all world defenders.

get tha outta here

Nash is about the same as Fisher and Sessions on the defensive but commands the attention of whole opposing team.In fact there's not a single lock down or even good PG defender in the League..You think CP3 plays defense..puhlease s take him straight to the box when they're on him...You think Westbrook plays defense? please Westbrook is too busy playing offense...he guards no one he only plays the passing lane...Westbrook and Nash are the same defensively and I dare you to show me otherwise...

Same for Tony Parker...where is his defense...The only decent defensive point in my opinion is Deron...and he doesn't play it all that much either..the point is we're no different than all the other teams with prolific point guards..Now were we have the advantage is Steve Nash is not only a great shooter but he also now makes Kobe a sympathetic figure in the eyes of the refs...just like MJ was...The refs really like Nash and he will get the calls against the Westbrooks and CP3's...the refs won't like to see these black guys beating up on Nash...that will also trickle down to Kobe...the refs will now start giving Kobe calls just based on Nash's reputation to make crisp on the dime passes alone...

It's not about defense...it's about Leadership...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the 478 players who played in the NBA last year, Nash ranked 419 in defensive rating. Fisher ranked 322 and Sessions ranked 384

Of the 331 players who played 500 minutes or more, Nash ranked 305, Fisher ranked 223 and Sessions 280.

So while Fisher was below average and Sessions was bad, Nash was even worse.

Is it the be all and end all? of course not, especially when a rating has Carlos Boozer ranking number 6, but all in all, the list looks roughly right, and the Lakers defense at PG will be worse than prior years.

On offense, the potential is very high for the Lakers, not sure if it would come into fruition though. Both Nash and Kobe requires the ball to be effective on offense. If Nash becomes a spot up shooter, it takes away his main strength. If Kobe feeds off of Nash and let Nash runs the show, the Lakers could be potent because Kobe has always been best working as a sidekick, the question is is Kobe willing to do that?

Nash is better in feeding the post than any Lakers could, but then he has not really played with a traditional center like Bynum. Nash will work very very well with Gasol on offense though, their pick and roll could be deadly. But then again, will Kobe and Bynum be willing to give up the ball?

Nobody really knows what is going to happen, the potential is extremely high for the Lakers, but there is also a big potential of this crashing and burning. We'll see.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I beg to differ...you have no real concept of how things work. If we we're to subscribe to your theory then Fisher and Sessions were all world defenders.

get tha outta here

Nash is about the same as Fisher and Sessions on the defensive but commands the attention of whole opposing team.In fact there's not a single lock down or even good PG defender in the League..You think CP3 plays defense..puhlease s take him straight to the box when they're on him...You think Westbrook plays defense? please Westbrook is too busy playing offense...he guards no one he only plays the passing lane...Westbrook and Nash are the same defensively and I dare you to show me otherwise...

Same for Tony Parker...where is his defense...The only decent defensive point in my opinion is Deron...and he doesn't play it all that much either..the point is we're no different than all the other teams with prolific point guards..Now were we have the advantage is Steve Nash is not only a great shooter but he also now makes Kobe a sympathetic figure in the eyes of the refs...just like MJ was...The refs really like Nash and he will get the calls against the Westbrooks and CP3's...the refs won't like to see these black guys beating up on Nash...that will also trickle down to Kobe...the refs will now start giving Kobe calls just based on Nash's reputation to make crisp on the dime passes alone...

It's not about defense...it's about Leadership...
    you have no ing clue what you're saying you piece of . nash doesn't play D and it will cost not just in guarding the opposing PG, but that his absence at defensive end will downgrade the team's defense as a whole. although he might increase the team's total scoring with his play making skills, his team will always end up conceding more at the other end of floor

and you think the 38yr old head is now the leader of your team, seriously atif?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you have no ing clue what you're saying you piece of . nash doesn't play D and it will cost not just in guarding the opposing PG, but that his absence at defensive end will downgrade the team's defense as a whole. although he might increase the team's total scoring with his play making skills, his team will always end up conceding more at the other end of floor

and you think the 38yr old head is now the leader of your team, seriously atif?
    Hey you chubby ass fat boy. stop the name calling.....

Now...I'm not at all concerned about Nash's defense. Like I mentioned before there are no 1-on-1 lock-down defenders in the league... The man reacting is always going to be at a disadvantage... but that cuts both ways. It helps to be younger, faster, quicker, but at the end of the day what really matters is making small team adjustments that put opposing players at a disadvantage... Nash is a smart player and floor general of Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's caliber..

The way the game is called now there's almost no chance of playing good point guards heads up...and same concept for Nash's opponents playing him on defense... Between liberties with the ball (palming, traveling, steps) and the the upcoming new league rules on flopping defense will drop league wide anyways...

Nash is more than a point guard. He is a fundamentally sound and unique player the likes of which LA has not seen since Magic... Kobe has never played with a player of Nashty's caliber, and whatever defensive deficits he has... he's a 2-time MVP who is more of a threat to both score and pass to the right person at the right time than the Lakers have had in decades. Opposing coaches will be a of a lot more concerned about how there going to stop Nash than how how they're going to exploit him on defense. Something that could have never have been said about Fish or Sessions..

In a Suns offense this is what Nash was able to accomplish against top tier guards...with legit bigs to pass off to and with Kobe on the wings..Nash scoring to assist ratio will climb even further..

CP3:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=paulch01

Drose:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=rosede01

Russell Westbrook:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=westbru01

Rajon Rondo:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=rondora01

Kyrie Irving:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=irvinky01

TP:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=parketo01

Dwill:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=willide01

Chalmers:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=chalmma01

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"Now that we got a point guard that's a scoring threat, it'll take a lot of pressure off Kobe allowing him to be more efficient and effective! No more sagging off Fisher to double Kobe! And because he's a good passer as well, he'll set up our bigs with great looks!"

Lateral move.

PS: Re ed analysis like this (and from Lkrfan) is why I've avoided the board for the past week. Every time I read a Lakerfan speculating how Steve "38 years old, I have back problems, mediocre in the half-court" Nash is going to transform the Lakers from 2nd round fodder into a champion (like Ramon Sessions was supposed to), it almost makes me want to projectile vomit all over my computer screen.

Hey dip- and face how are ya...

Now that Nash is a Laker..by the time I get through with propping him up you'll swear he's the greatest thing since sliced bread...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, he doesn't have the magical Phoenix staff too.

I think I'd take even the SA training staff...

now that he's a Laker let's establish some things..

Nash now has 16 rings

Nash is the 2nd greatest PG in Laker history and the greatest PG in Spur history

Nash will hand over the Suns magical medical book to Gary Vetti the legendary Laker fix man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump thread when you get a coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have no ing clue what you're saying you piece of .

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Previously not being in the hunt with Bynum and Gasol as your bigs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Lateral move.

Fisher is known for hitting a couple of big shots late in some big games. Shooting prowess? Not so much.

Fisher career fg%-.400 3p%-.373 Last season .343 and .314
    Nash career fg%- .491 3p%-.428 Last season .532 and .390

pts per game Fish 8.6 Nash 14.5
    assists Fish 3.1 Nash 8.6

Enough already. Nice lateral move on the shoothing there Mid.

DAN GILBERT!
    That Damn GILBERT!
    GILBERT!

~Midnightpulp after every laker win after the trade~

Not a single person on the planet with any basketball a en would state that going from Fish/Sessions to Nash is a lateral move. That is why you look so foolish and your posts come off as nothing but hate and pure jealousy.

Nowhere in my post did I say this move was going to get the Lakers out of the 2nd round. There are a lot of intangibles that go into the playoffs with matchups, injuries, etc etc. I also alluded to the defensive issues.

But saying this is a lateral move is nothing short of stupidity and the shoe fits you very well.

I am so curious as to how many times you going to post Sarver in the coming year?

Sing it Midget! Sing away!!!!
    Last edited by cobbler; 07-10-2012 at 02:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers still second round fodder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher is known for hitting a couple of big shots late in some big games. Shooting prowess? Not so much.

DAN GILBERT!
    That Damn GILBERT!
    GILBERT!

Not a single person on the planet with any basketball a en would state that going from Fish/Sessions to Nash is a lateral move. That is why you look so foolish and your posts come off as nothing but hate and pure jealousy.

Nowhere in my post did I say this move was going to get the Lakers out of the 2nd round. There are a lot of intangibles that go into the playoffs with matchups, injuries, etc etc. I also alluded to the defensive issues.

But saying this is a lateral move is nothing short of stupidity and the shoe fits you very well.

I am so curious as to how many times you going to post Sarver in the coming year?

Fisher is a career 37% 3 point shooter and cobbler says he doesn't have shooting prowess.

Lateral move.

You morons are acting like you're getting the '05 version of Steve Nash. He's 38. I'll say that again. He's in' 38. He has back problems. He'll be away from his run and gun comfort zone for the first time ever in his career. He's a terrible defender. The only thing he'll bring that Sessions didn't is floor spacing, but he also lacks Sessions' ability to penetrate at this stage in his career, not to mention his youth. Prepare for a lot of nights of Steve Blake playing 15 to 20 minutes a game.

Lateral move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prepare for a lot of nights of Steve Blake playing 15 to 20 minutes a game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

DAN GILBERT!
    That Damn GILBERT!
    GILBERT!

Midget is just jealous we got Nash and he got Toothless Jack and Pattycake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Midget is just jealous we got Nash and he got Toothless Jack and Pattycake
    nash, really kool? dude is good even for 38 but don't act like he doesn't come with a ton of what-if's. the dude is old, slow, has back problems, and just isn't a player i'd get all crazy about in this point of his career.

he'll help out a bit considering the alternative's the past decade in regards to the 1 spot in LA, but don't act like you just landed rose in his sophmore, junior yr of his nba career.

Thread Information