My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ yeah

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody throw him a " souvlaki" for me, please.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    crofl crofl me and baseline bum got banned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nigeria is making some noise. They had beaten Lithuania prior to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait to hear the excuses.

KBP is probably our most entertaining poster. Him and gui ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait to hear the excuses.
    The link triggeredexcellence posted has the goods. They were robbed by the refs.

Brazil - So so English xD BRs.Ganso's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Venti Quattro: Should have been a blowout. Referees can only do so much. That's Nigeria! A top-class team would have beaten them by at least 10 points on a bad day.

The referees should have been no excuse for your team!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greek league
    No Olympics
    high school gyms
    goats
    KBP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who´s gonna save greece now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the current Spanoulis, Greece finally has the new Galis, after 25 years........
    No one can guard him. All year in Euroleague and Greek League and now in this tournament. He is just unstoppable and no one can do anything to stop him. The next thing will be even with the traps and double teams, he will pick apart the defenses with his passing, like he did all year in Olympiacos. We already started to see Nigera start to trap and he was throwing laser assists to the basket.

Actually, how he is playing right now, is like Galis, but with a much better outside jump shot. Spanoulis is killing everyone from the perimeter. Galis was never much of a long distance jump shooter really.

Be serious...we have never seen any Greek player at this level since Galis back in the late 80s.
    I swear..we are the most cursed team ever by the refs. How the are they going to let the offensive foul and instead give 2 free throws on one end, and then Spanoulis gets hammered on the other end and they don't even call a foul........

EVERY DAMN year we have to deal with being eliminated by the refs. Every damn year.
    Greece was robbed. I am sorry, but I cannot give credit to Nigeria when the refs robbed us like that. Every time we play Spain and now this - the refs hate Greece.

But this was the biggest robbery ever in our history.
    The fact that we had the lead 79-78 and Nigeria did a clear offensive foul and instead the refs gave them 2 free throws........

then Nigeria fouled the out of Spanoulis on the last shot right in front of the ref and they didn't blow the whistle......

that is why Greece lost. Because we were blatantly robbed by the stupid refs. I am so sick of this. Every year almost we get robbed by the refs in elimination games. Unbelievable.......

if this had happened to Team USA they would have FIBA dismantled.
    I think it's obvious why. Nigeria knew the refs were on their side. It was obvious after Greece took the lead, all of a sudden every call mysteriously went to Nigeria, even ones that were so obviously called wrong.

People debate about for example did the refs purposely make Spain beat Greece 2 years ago - well I think we know now that FIBA has an agenda against Greece. This game was a clear highway robbery.

The refs could say the missed call at one end was a mistake, but then Spanoulis was practically thrown to the floor and the guy is holding his arm while he shooting, right in front of the refs and no fouls.

In any league or tournament in the world - the refs blow the whistle on that. Even in the NBA where they have almost an unwritten rule not to call fouls on the last shot, even in NBA that is called 99 out of 100 times.

Unbelievable. But all we will see now is how "Nigeria upset Greece" and all this nonsense. I would have no problem if we lost fairly, but this is too much, to lose like this by the refs in a game where both teams fought so hard and made so many clutch plays.

This was even worse of a robbery than the refs did to Serbia against Turkey 2 years ago.
    If refs ever did Team USA like that...FIBA would be abolished.
    Please stop joking. We all saw it. It was a blatant foul. Please do not start trolling here.
    They didn't beat Greece. The refs did. And if your Team USA was ever treated like that by the refs, there would be a war started probably.
    Oh look, the guy called "Gabe" that harasses and insults everyone who is not American at the FIBA message boards has dropped in to rub it in and brag about the refs robbing Greece.

Yes, such a pathetic fan base, that we are upset that we just got robbed of the Olympics by the refs and everyone here knows it. Even the Lithuanians admit it, and for Lithuanians to admit that for a Greek team - that is unbelievable.
    The fact that the refs stole the game should have no bearing whatsoever right? So please explain why Serbia didn't fire Ivkovic after they lost to Turkey. I mean if this loss was the fault of Zouros and not the refs, then surely the loss of Serbia in the semifinal two years ago was also the fault of Ivkovic.

I see there are a lot of NBA fans posing as Greeks here.
    So how come Nigeria did an offensive foul on the other end and was given 2 free throws?

The refs cannot do that. They cannot award 2 free throws, not even on a Greek foul, but on an offensive foul by Nigeria, and then a second later "swallow the whistle" on a clear foul by Nigeria.....

A foul that would have granted 3 free throws in a 1 point game. After just seconds earlier, Nigeria got 2 free throws. Instead of swallowing the whistle on Nigeria's miss, they got the foul call. Never mind that the Nigerian guard did an arm hook and made an offensive foul........

It really shows how most of the Americans here have zero class and are here to do nothing but antagonize others and bash on anyone that isn't a Team USA supporter, how they come here to trash talk some of them (not all) after such a robbery by the refs.

If Team USA had this happen to them, I bet that Team USA would never even compete at a FIBA tournament again. But it happens to Greece and it's just "Greece deserved to lose", "congrats to Nigeria", etc.

Unbelievable lack of class from some of you guys here. (I'm not referring to you Navarro).
    The refs robbed us of a win and the Olympics and you think we should just let it go.........OK whatever man. You know if it happened to Puerto Rico, I am sure the vast majority of Greeks here would feel bad for you.

But in our case, it's "stop blaming the refs" - even though it is the ref's fault that we lost the game.
    It was not a mistake, it was an intentional help to give Nigeria the win.

Don't forget that Nigeria got 2 free throws just seconds earlier, when they missed a shot, and were not even fouled, and actually were guilty of an offensive foul.

I suppose you think this all a coincidence and a mistake? I assure you that this forum would be crashed right now with hundreds of Americans crying and calling for blood if this was done to Team USA.

The site would crash from all the Americans posting.
    Wow he calls us nationalist because we are upset at the refs doing us wrong? This after the other guy says that Germany owns us, but not in those words?

What have we done to make the others here so happy about us being stolen by the refs? Most of the Greek fans here are nice guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu_Forever is out of timeout. I want to see his response.

Greece

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I probably got banned because of my "FYI, Germany owns your asses, so get in line and shut up!" comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a stupid pussy kbp is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gyros and Goat- ing!

That's what Greece does!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Greece was already the laughing stock of the EU and the financial world. This is just another "championship banner" of the same ilk, making them now the laughing stock of the whole basketball world as well.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, Greece was already the laughing stock of the EU and the financial world.
    LOL Italy is next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italy has been the political laughing stock of Europe for a while with Berlusconi running the show for so long.

Financially, Greece is in the lead as the class dunce, but Spain, Portugal, Ireland and Italy are close on their heels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crofl crofl me and baseline bum got banned
    Venti Quattro
    Banned

Dreams shattered by Ike Diogu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So wait, people on ST hate Greece because of a fake Greek poster?

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe he also posts under the name Euroleague on insidehoops
    all the posts are inline with his spurtalk post history

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    So wait, people on ST hate Greece because of a fake Greek poster?
    I'm not sure anyone actually HATES Greece. It's more like we revel in their failures because of KBP. He's such a rabid advocate that their failures become his own.

Thread Information