My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the spirit of gnsf threads for players we have little or no chance of acquiring, I was wondering, what would people be willing to give up for Tony "Trick or Treat" Allen?

He's an expiring $3.3 million contract this season, known for his D and extremely erratic offense.

If he could be had in a S&T for Danny Green and a future pick or Blair, would it be worth it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was Gary neal and pick for him then yes

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Idiot, and not very young any more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take him... we have enough scoring...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the spirit of gnsf threads for players we have little or no chance of acquiring, I was wondering, what would people be willing to give up for Tony "Trick or Treat" Allen?

He's an expiring $3.3 million contract this season, known for his D and extremely erratic offense.

If he could be had in a S&T for Danny Green and a future pick or Blair, would it be worth it?
    I wouldn't do Danny Green for him straight up; Danny is a better fit for us. For a one year rental, I'd consider Neal + Blair for him, but it would depend on what's going on with our big men; that would have to be resolved first.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take him... we have enough scoring...
    I don't know. DG got vilified for missing a couple of 3's and he probably played better defense on Chris Paul than Tony Allen.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No tank you...get it? If we acquired him, it would mean we are tanking! Duh-duh, tshhhhh

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a serious note though, the guys like 6'4, shouldnt we be adding some size to guard durants and lebrons and such?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Allen is a wild card. He is good defensively but he will also make westbrook-like mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. DG got vilified for missing a couple of 3's and he probably played better defense on Chris Paul than Tony Allen.
    Paul was injured, Allen is hands down a top 3 perimeter defender if he can't guard a healthy CP3 how could Green?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We swept the Clippers...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've actually been surprised at the small number of ridiculous, baseless "get this guy" threads and posts. Outside of the love affair with Batum, that kind of chatter has been minimal.

As for this one, completely baseless but not so ridiculous. I probably wouldn't do it because you'd be giving up a much better offensive player in Green and giving away Blair for no additional value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've actually been surprised at the small number of ridiculous, baseless "get this guy" threads and posts. Outside of the love affair with Batum, that kind of chatter has been minimal.

As for this one, completely baseless but not so ridiculous. I probably wouldn't do it because you'd be giving up a much better offensive player in Green and giving away Blair for no additional value.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Allen would easily become the best perimeter defender the Spurs have had since Bruce Bowen. It's a no brainer to pick him up. I don't think the Spurs will be able to, but having him out on the wing would make the Spurs that much better defensively in no time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him, Battier and Artest top 3 perimeter defenders in the league, IMO...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't do Danny Green for him straight up; Danny is a better fit for us. For a one year rental, I'd consider Neal + Blair for him, but it would depend on what's going on with our big men; that would have to be resolved first.
    this

Thread Information