Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair/Bonner/Neal/ Joseph to the Wizards for Andray Blatche and 2 future 1st round picks.

With the resigning of Diaw, Green, Mills, and the signing of De Colo; Blair, Neal and even Joseph have become very expendable.

As for the Wizards, they are desperately trying to get rid of Blatche and his contract and even are willing to eat up his salary and use the amnesty clause on him. This fact, presented earlier by Marc Stein via Twitter, makes me believe Spurs have a chance to get away with robbery.

Spurs have the expendable expiring pieces (with exception of Bonner), to save the Wizards over 15 million dollars. With that being said, Spurs could not only get back, at the very least, a 1st round lottery pick in return as compensation (they could probably get 2; 1 being lottery protected or top 5 protected), but they also get back an athletic, yet overpaid, true power forward that, with the tutoring of Pop and Tim, could possibly get over that mental hurdle that has clouded his ceiling the first 6-7 years of his career.

Yeah his contract is a bit absurd, but I'm willing to guarantee Spurs intend to resign Manu after this year to a 2 year deal (matching when Tim's new contract is up). Which means, Spurs are pretty much all in the next 3 years with the squad they have right now. The real rebuilding process won't begin til 3 years down the road and with this deal, Spurs could attain at least 1 unprotected lottery pick and 1 protected 1st round pick to help bridge the big 3 era to the new era a bit more smoothly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair/Bonner/Neal/ Joseph to the Wizards for Andray Blatche and 2 future 1st round picks.

With the resigning of Diaw, Green, Mills, and the signing of De Colo; Blair, Neal and even Joseph have become very expendable.

As for the Wizards, they are desperately trying to get rid of Blatche and his contract and even are willing to eat up his salary and use the amnesty clause on him. This fact, presented earlier by Marc Stein via Twitter, makes me believe Spurs have a chance to get away with robbery.

Spurs have the expendable expiring pieces (with exception of Bonner), to save the Wizards over 15 million dollars. With that being said, Spurs could not only get back, at the very least, a 1st round lottery pick in return as compensation (they could probably get 2; 1 being lottery protected or top 5 protected), but they also get back an athletic, yet overpaid, true power forward that, with the tutoring of Pop and Tim, could possibly get over that mental hurdle that has clouded his ceiling the first 6-7 years of his career.

Yeah his contract is a bit absurd, but I'm willing to guarantee Spurs intend to resign Manu after this year to a 2 year deal (matching when Tim's new contract is up). Which means, Spurs are pretty much all in the next 3 years with the squad they have right now. The real rebuilding process won't begin til 3 years down the road and with this deal, Spurs could attain at least 1 unprotected lottery pick and 1 protected 1st round pick to help bridge the big 3 era to the new era a bit more smoothly.
    According to ShamSports,
    Bonner+Blair+Neal+Joseph=$6,613,109 < Blatche = $7,794,921

SAS is on a hard cap of $74M, because they used the non-taxpayers MLE on Diaw. I doubt they can make this work. If you can, I say go for it...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to ShamSports,
    Bonner+Blair+Neal+Joseph=$6,613,109 < Blatche = $7,794,921

SAS is on a hard cap of $74M, because they used the non-taxpayers MLE on Diaw. I doubt they can make this work. If you can, I say go for it...
    Blatche is due 7.1 million next season, not 7.8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blatche may also be closer to being amnestied.

Per Stein's twitter: "In other words Wiz have 'til July 17 to keep scouring for Blatche trade. Wiz choice then, I'm told, is amnesty or pay Blatche to stay home."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no real problem with what he's saying tbh. We do have a damn good record with him as a starter. It's obvious he's not on Pop's favorites list when he goes from being a starter to the last guy on the bench in the matter of a couple weeks. Besides, we drafted him in the 2nd round.. can you really be mad that he didn't turn out to be a great player? I wouldn't be surprised if he wan't here either. Thank him for his time here and move on.
    This is how i feel. The guy did more for us than we ever expected out of him too. People seem to forget that. The dude is pure hustle and heart. And he gave us a huge spark in the little action he got vs okc.

Im going to miss him.

Like him a lot more than Splitter too. If we could have a mutant of the two....my god...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he made an impact every time he was on the court against OKC. unlike splitter, he would actually punish the thunder for switching on a pick and roll. while splitter couldn't score 1 on 1 against ing thabo, blair would've done damage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he made an impact every time he was on the court against OKC. unlike splitter, he would actually punish the thunder for switching on a pick and roll. while splitter couldn't score 1 on 1 against ing thabo, blair would've done damage
    I agree Pop played all the wrong cards in the series form game 3 onwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maximum Sports ‏@MaxSportsSA

Exclusive: DeJuan Blair's agent: "Next year it's his choice of what he wants to do, and chances are he wouldn't be in SA, obviously."

Agent says next season will probably be Blair's last with Spurs
    Spurs center DeJuan Blair's agent tells Max Sports the 2012-13 season will more than likely be Blair's last with the Silver and Black. Blair is a free agent at season's end. "Next year, it's his choice on what he wants to do, and chances are he wouldn't be in San Antonio, obviously", said Happy Walters, DeJuan's LA based agent.

Blair lost his spot in the Spurs rotation late in the season, and Walters has no idea why.

"Pop (Gregg Popovich) is a good coach and well respected, and he doesn't need to answer to me or Dejuan. But Pop made his decisions for whatever they were, and as far as I know, he hasn't sat down with DeJuan and told him why.

Based on who they've signed, it doesn't seem like they're planning on keeping him, or if they do keep him this year, he's not going to be a big part of it. They are certainly planning on life without Dejuan, with who they've signed."

Yesterday, Spurs GM RC Buford said he understands Blair's frustrations, but wouldn't apologize for the rotation the team decided to go with in the post-season.

Walters says Blair is working out in Las Vegas this off-season, and is in the best shape of his life.

Buford said he would love to have DeJuan contribute to the team next year, but if he asks Pop to not be with the Spurs, the team will address the situation and explore their options. Blair, to this point, has not asked to be traded.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroo...gAkp4M.twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cry me a river dejuan when u learn to finish around the rim then u can start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Blair (other than lack of size) is he rushes on his post moves etc, when he actually takes the time, takes a power dribble he was very effective. Plus he could be a good cutter with that reverse layup he always does from the baseline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop really should just sit his ass down and tell him to his face: "You can't teach height"

To be serious, though, he needs to force Blair to develop his offensive game more and to better his rebounding because he'll never be better than decent on D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs center DeJuan Blair? Since when is a 6'6 basketball player a center? WTF

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Spurs will probably hold on to him until the bitter end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how i feel. The guy did more for us than we ever expected out of him too. People seem to forget that. The dude is pure hustle and heart. And he gave us a huge spark in the little action he got vs okc.

Im going to miss him.

Like him a lot more than Splitter too. If we could have a mutant of the two....my god...
    ya this pretty much sums up how I feel about the situation at this juncture. I hope he's working on his mid range game because I hate seeing that floater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair with a jumper would be Paul Millsap with no ACLs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't blame the guy for being benched in favor of guys like Matt Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't like players/agents that air their complaints in public. Blair's time with Spurs is clearly nearing an end, so good luck to him with one of those teams that passed over him in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. please get rid of this fat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a pretty ugly end. It sucks that Blair couldn't work out here after such a promising rookie season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one with an ounce of class says "I have class". It doesn't work that way. He needs to be in Charlotte in a bad way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree Pop played all the wrong cards in the series form game 3 onwards.
    It didn't matter. They had a full boat and the best we had was 3 of a kind. It didn't matter which other two kickers you put with those.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pop (Gregg Popovich) is a good coach and well respected, and he doesn't need to answer to me or Dejuan. But Pop made his decisions for whatever they were, and as far as I know, he hasn't sat down with DeJuan and told him why."
    Let's see...Boris Diaw is a better basketball player, Blair still can't shoot, Boris Diaw is a better basketball player, Blair is too short and Boris Diaw is a better basketball player.

There is also the fact that Boris Diaw is a better basketball player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dejuans agent is a fckn re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get us someone taller - PLEASE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stomach Blatche's contract IMO.