Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Noah, Seraphin, and Mahinmi aren't on the final roster for France.
    Séraphin, Turiaf and Traoré are on the final roster. They are set at the C spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probable face-up 4-man.

Yes please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably asked Kawhi if he wanted to play tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ajinca is a Bobcats and Mavs reject, IIRC...
    What's your point? Players have never gone onto have good careers after being rejected a couple times?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your point? Players have never gone onto have good careers after being rejected a couple times?
    I think the point is that this kid has so much promise when he was drafted a few years ago by the Bobtails. The fact is that, thus far, he's not lived up to that promise. I saw him last two seasons ago and he had some flashes of athletic brilliance as the Mavs backup, backup center. However, after only a small handful of games, he regressed from Carlisle's rotation altogether.

Hopefully, he's been working his tail off and is now ready to seize a possible opportunity to stick with the contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt Ryan Richards is a player...but I guess you never know until you see guys matched up with other decent talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very interested in seeing Richards. Not expecting much but it will be nice to see him play against some good talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there an echo in here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When does the league start? I'll be watching this roster, so many people I've been waiting to see.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Leonard might be included to be a focal point on offense. I'm sure the staff wants to try a few new things with him and now have the luxury of time to do it. It's a pretty solid roster, but I don't see many other standout scorers -- L.D. Williams and Denmon could do well, as could a healthy Anderson.

Between Joseph and Cedric Jackson there should be fairly decent point guard play (no Squeaky? Mild surprise).

Nice mix of big men. They will always be able to park one of them somewhere on the perimeter so there should be a decent amount of space in which to operate.

Moses Ehambe is one of those guys who could go on a Gary Neal-like shooting spree on a summer league squad like this one.

Hope everyone gets a good look. Shouldn't be a problem to run Spurs sets using almost any of these players I recognize.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team is stacked
    could probably beat the bobcats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Cedric Jackson the point guard who played for us back in 2010 before Garrett Temple was picked over him?

Otherwise, interesting roster. Ajinca and Green are potential bigs the Spurs could pick up. This is an important summer league for Anderson and Joseph obviously.

Leonard is clearly streets ahead of the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have liked to see Hanga on the team. But having Richards play is interesting. If he does well, above expectations, do they sign him and put him as Diaws backup*?

*After they trade or amnesty Bonner. I want him off this team, damnit!

Green and Alexis are also interesting prospects. I'm definitely excited about our SL team this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This roster looks very interesting and I look forward to watching the games if I get a chance.

Regarding Richards, can he be signed by the Toros without getting a Spurs contract? If he is ever to amount to anything, he is going to need to develop and I would hate for the Spurs to have the meter running while the kid stinks it up only to have him begin to come into his own when the contract is up for renewal.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding Richards, can he be signed by the Toros without getting a Spurs contract?
    Theoretically, yes. It's a little convoluted but can be and has been done. Would be unlikely to see a foreigner agreeing to it, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, I recall some discussion from when he was drafted that he wanted to play over here, even if it was the D-League rather than Europe. Of course, he went back across the pond.

I would make the trek to Austin to see the kid live if he were to sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty excited about this roster! Lot of good names, should be a good SL... and I agree w/ thinking they probably want to see Kawhi with some time as the go-to guy.
    Last edited by Dro210; 04-07-2016 at 01:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaMychal Green is an interesting prospect as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaMychal Green is an interesting prospect as well.
    Too bad he's not 6'10. Then again, if he were, he would've been drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pulled up some highlights on JaMychal Green. Though he's got some flaws, he is a very interesting kid. Probable face-up 4-man.
    This.

When we didn't draft a big man, I was hoping we'd bring in one of the more promising undrafted big men for a look, and Green definitely qualifies. Athleticism and shotblocking, some garbage collection, plus a midrange shot. Some character questions, which I'm sure was why he didn't get drafted.

I could even hold my nose and live with Bonner hanging around for the season if he was a placeholder while Green developed behind him.

I'm also excited to see Ajinca out there. He has some definite red flags, but if he can turn the corner, man what a talent.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree...No different than any foreign player or team USA players improving there game and getting reps. Kid is 21 years old, he needs to be on the court.
    Your points make sense, but there are some differences: Team USA are playing with teammates. If the guys he's going to start alongside aren't there, then there's nothing for him to gain that he can't do at the Spurs' practice facility. All told, he's probably the Spurs' third most important player. Putting him on the floor with and against guys who are desperate just to make a team seems like a risk to me.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Leonard might be included to be a focal point on offense. I'm sure the staff wants to try a few new things with him and now have the luxury of time to do it. It's a pretty solid roster, but I don't see many other standout scorers -- L.D. Williams and Denmon could do well, as could a healthy Anderson.
    That makes sense. Putting him on a team where he's the alpha dog and seeing if he can become something special is worth a shot. He's certainly given us reason to think he can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That makes sense. Putting him on a team where he's the alpha dog and seeing if he can become something special is worth a shot. He's certainly given us reason to think he can.
    If anything, he'll learn to be more aggressive or more explosive and look for his shots more there. I'm glad he's in the summer roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, crazy how young Kawhi is...2nd youngest on the team
    The youngest is Cory Joseph. Ryan Richards and Marcus Denmon give the Spurs (regular team) 4 of the 5 youngest on the summer team.

I think Kawhi is there to give the team a Spurs influence. He will see minutes in order to build his leadership abilities.

Anderson, Byers, Dawson, Joseph and Leonard have all seen time with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really shocked James Anderson is on that list.
    It may just be a courtesy to him to show other NBA teams he has skills despite his not getting much burn the past few seasons.

Thread Information