My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ajinca is interesting...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS's only addition of big player hinge on Ajinica !!!

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree about JaMychal Green being probably the most interesting player on this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Kawhi should be on the summer league team. He has nothing to prove. Just added opportunity for injury IMO.
    He has nothing to prove, but he can still gain valuable experience.

Still Trying To Dunk It Plumblbw's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, I recall some discussion from when he was drafted that he wanted to play over here, even if it was the D-League rather than Europe. Of course, he went back across the pond.

I would make the trek to Austin to see the kid live if he were to sign.
    You're correct mate. It was actually in Richards' pre-draft interview where he said he didn't want to be drafted and stashed in Europe. He said he didn't mind being up and down the D-League, but didn't want to go back to Europe. Hopefully the Spurs see something they like in him.

I mentioned a few weeks back in the thread under his name that I thought he was really thin and didn't look particularly tall when I saw him in Kent, England. Texas2Step (No step / 1/2 a step or whatever his name is) claimed he was "up to 250", which I said at the time was b0llocks after seeing him in the flesh. I noticed he's listed at 6ft 11" and 230lbs. I'd seen reports before that he was 7ft or 7ft 1", but I think 6ft 11" is probably more accurate.

My main issue: Isn't 230lbs too light for a 6ft 11" PF? I think Durant is about 230lbs. Converting that into stone so it means more to me, that is 16st 6lbs, which just seems way too light. I think he'd even get pushed around by The Red Rocket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're correct mate. It was actually in Richards' pre-draft interview where he said he didn't want to be drafted and stashed in Europe. He said he didn't mind being up and down the D-League, but didn't want to go back to Europe. Hopefully the Spurs see something they like in him.

I mentioned a few weeks back in the thread under his name that I thought he was really thin and didn't look particularly tall when I saw him in Kent, England. Texas2Step (No step / 1/2 a step or whatever his name is) claimed he was "up to 250", which I said at the time was b0llocks after seeing him in the flesh. I noticed he's listed at 6ft 11" and 230lbs. I'd seen reports before that he was 7ft or 7ft 1", but I think 6ft 11" is probably more accurate.

My main issue: Isn't 230lbs too light for a 6ft 11" PF? I think Durant is about 230lbs. Converting that into stone so it means more to me, that is 16st 6lbs, which just seems way too light. I think he'd even get pushed around by The Red Rocket.
    Who cares about RR wt numbers at this point. My biggest concern is his skill level, right now up to this point he has not shown any NBA skills and quite honestly probably not even Dleague skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you get Thabeet over Richards?

Still Trying To Dunk It Plumblbw's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares about RR wt numbers at this point. My biggest concern is his skill level, right now up to this point he has not shown any NBA skills and quite honestly probably not even Dleague skills.
    Yeah, fairpoint mate. I was thinking ahead to the future with the assumption he can actually play. Let's make sure he's not a bum first.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is 230 light for a 6'11 PF? Dirk plays at 7'0 and 245 according to the NBA. The NBA says Tim Duncan used to play at 6'11 and 255; his last two years he's slimmed down by 20 or so lbs to ease his knees, so he's playing somewhere around 235...KG came into the league at 6'11" and 220.

I think the real question is what style will he play, and how strong is he?

Thread Information