Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather have Haywood if we can get him. We need another big guy, not another guy that plays big.
    I get the sentiment but doesn't apply when it comes to Haywood. He plays too small to be counted as a big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3.5 is a lot, but in reality most teams would like to have Scola at that price. I can't see it scaring off any teams with cap space with the exception of the Mavs who don't want long term contracts. But they will need cheap contracts to fill out the roster and getting Scola for 3 years, 10M is about as good as you can hope for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the info Mel. As far as Dallas goes, it's really Brand or Scola right? Brand is equally pricy no?

If he does clear waivers, what is the most the Spurs could offer him now in the heels of all the signing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the info Mel. As far as Dallas goes, it's really Brand or Scola right? Brand is equally pricy no?

If he does clear waivers, what is the most the Spurs could offer him now in the heels of all the signing?
    Spurs can only offer a minimum contract.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brand has only 1 year left on his contract while Scola has 3 years. I believe the most Spurs could offer is the vet minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Scola has fallen hardcore if he can't get $10 million over three years. That is scrub money, tbh. I know he was bad last year but wow. If the Spurs had the money to spend, I'd advocate doing that deal for Scola -- even though he got punked by Bonner a couple times last year.

If Scola becomes a free agent, the Spurs should ABSOLUTELY try to sign him for the minimum. That would be a steal even if he regresses further from last season.

Parker landed Diaw and De Colo. It'd be Manu's turn to land Scola.

Hope it happens ... but I think he'll get claimed. That's too good of a deal.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Luis on that 2nd unit. I'm much more confident in his post up skills than in Blair or anyone not named Tim Duncan. If Scola's low block work helps Tim rest his body some then 3.4 mill doesn't seem like too much. Send the naturalized red-headed Canadian home to Canada via Amnesty.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about an all white lineup of Splitter, Scola, Ginobili, De Colo, and Bonner. How bizarre would that be?!? (for the record I am less enthused about keeping Bonner than even Blair).

Scola is not perfect but he represents a potential roster upgrade so I am excited that may be possible, especially after the "Lorbek letdown." We just need to get a little bit better and changing out our weakest links is the way to do it. Scola is a warrior at heart and I think he would mesh well with our team.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it doesnt matter if the spurs give him a vet min since the rockets would be paying the rest of the contract
    or do they do a kind of staggered pay instead of the normal
    where they pay off the amnesty in like 5 years instead of the normal 3 of his contract

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather have Haywood if we can get him. We need another big guy, not another guy that plays big.
    Scola would be a nice addition, but we still need a rim protecting PF or C to help Tim.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I guess it would be poetic justice if Scola somehow ended up back on the Spurs roster. Thanks for the rental. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it would be poetic justice if Scola somehow ended up back on the Spurs roster. Thanks for the rental. lol

no first jax then scola worlds coming full circle

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True he fell off last year, but he was asked to di way too mich for the Rockets for way too long. I think he has a revival in a lesser role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also do we know how long the waiver process lasts? I understand the clock is running as we speak, but by when does the window close?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also do we know how long the waiver process lasts? I understand the clock is running as we speak, but by when does the window close?
    Players can be placed on amnesty waivers until July 17th. The whole business will be over a few days after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw this a while ago from my FB friend. I dunno where did he got it from.

According to Spurs GM RC Buford a former Spur maybe coming back to San Antonio? I hope he's talking about Luis Scola!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and so it begins

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who doesn't want Scola at the minimum is nuts. Sure, it'd be grat to have an excellent athletic defensive player with an all star ceiling at the minimum, but that's not reasonable. If he's only average, average at the minimum is a great deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Manu can persuade him! I'd love to have Scola back!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw this a while ago from my FB friend. I dunno where did he got it from.
    Scola was never a Spur.

I would not be surprised if someone is coming back to work for the team.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    By a while ago, you mean around the time S-Jax returned??? I don't think the Spurs even knew Scola was going to be amnestied.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Scola was never a Spur.

I would not be surprised if someone is coming back to work for the team.
    He was property of the Spurs, so technically he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say for example Dallas were to bid the money for Scola. The cap hit for this coming season is $3 million. Then, if they were to try to trade him next year, that team would only be in for the little over $3 million. What happens if he hits the third year which has only $1 million guaranteed? Can that year be bought out or is the team still hit for over $3 million on the cap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr?

Fame is a trick. The Great Fantastic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Scola has fallen hardcore if he can't get $10 million over three years. That is scrub money, tbh. I know he was bad last year but wow. If the Spurs had the money to spend, I'd advocate doing that deal for Scola -- even though he got punked by Bonner a couple times last year.

If Scola becomes a free agent, the Spurs should ABSOLUTELY try to sign him for the minimum. That would be a steal even if he regresses further from last season.

Parker landed Diaw and De Colo. It'd be Manu's turn to land Scola.

Hope it happens ... but I think he'll get claimed. That's too good of a deal.
    Let's not forget how close Tiago and Luis are. Luis named his son Tiago. Let's hope that Scola can forgive the Spurs organization and be where he always belonged.....but it's hard to believe he won't be claimed off of waivers.

Thread Information