Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you say this? In the first round, the Spurs beat a 36-30 Jazz team while the Thunder beat a 36-30 Mavs team. In the second round, the Spurs beat a 40-26 Clippers team while the Thunder beat a 41-25 Lakers team.

I suspect you're looking just at the names on the opponents' jerseys (Mavs, Lakers) and not at how good they actually were.

Just stop already...if your a TRUE Spurs fan you should know by now that reg. season records dont mean all too much when the real season(playoffs) start. You should know its about matchups and as far as last year is concerened, the Spurs had the easiest set of matchups Ive seen yet, in getting to the WCF. Not only that but they had health! Who knows though, maybe lightening will strike twice lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Joseph pick, even at the time, was the most puzzling Spurs pick in the past 10 years. Even though Anderson didn't work out, that was as much due to the injury as anything else, and it's easy to go back and understand why they did it.

With Joseph, nobody really seems to have any idea what they were thinking or why they did it. The Spurs have long had godfather status with their draft picks, meaning, it seems like any pick they make must be right, even if nobody else knows or understands why. But Joseph was the first head-scratcher.

Obviously we all hope we're proven wrong, as has happened many times before.
    The times have changed, keep in mind. For the Spurs, finding a diamond in the rough isnt nowhere near as probable as it was a decade ago. The Spurs had a big hand in setting the eruo flavor in the NBA but those times are gone as are the "secret" players only a few know of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently, they're asking for a 1st rounder, according to GS. They'll likely settle for less.
    Yeah, thats the "rumor"..but if that was even talked about Im sure GS laughed at it- My question was more towards the audience...every thread I read has something about Neal, Bonner and Blair being traded..? LOL maybe the reason these guys still play for the Spurs is that they are stuck with them and keeping them vs. cutting them and having nothing is better for the team..kind of..(sometimes I really think I could do better)-

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just stop already...if your a TRUE Spurs fan you should know by now that reg. season records dont mean all too much when the real season(playoffs) start. You should know its about matchups and as far as last year is concerened, the Spurs had the easiest set of matchups Ive seen yet, in getting to the WCF. Not only that but they had health! Who knows though, maybe lightening will strike twice lol
    Good post. Utah was a borderline playoff team and The Clippers were banged up and a good matchup for the spurs.

No way the Spurs sweep the lakers like they did the Clippers regardless on how close the lakers and Clippers regular season records were.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good post. Utah was a borderline playoff team and The Clippers were banged up and a good matchup for the spurs.

No way the Spurs sweep the lakers like they did the Clippers regardless on how close the lakers and Clippers regular season records were.
    The Spurs destroyed the Lakers in the regular season. At worst it's 4-1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA 84-98 LAL, MWP - 26 points, Bynum - 30 rebounds
    LAL 91-112 SA, Parker - 29 points/13 assists
    SA 121-97 LAL, Big 3 all score 20+.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 games to 1 is not destroying anything.

The playoffs are a different season. Can't extrapolate the regular season into the playoffs. Can't take much of anything out of the compressed regular season, with injuries and teams on back to backs ect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 games to 1 is not destroying anything.

The playoffs are a different season. Can't extrapolate the regular season into the playoffs. Can't take much of anything out of the compressed regular season, with injuries and teams on back to backs ect.
    Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. If you watched OKC play the Lakers in the regular season you would have known they would have no trouble with the Lakers in the playoffs. I think the same would have held for us. You can play better defense and shots can fall but you really can't change your strengths and weaknesses in the playoffs.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. If you watched OKC play the Lakers in the regular season you would have known they would have no trouble with the Lakers in the playoffs. I think the same would have held for us. You can play better defense and shots can fall but you really can't change your strengths and weaknesses in the playoffs.
    And the Spurs were 2-1 against OK City during the regular season.
    Can't take anything out of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Spurs were 2-1 against OK City during the regular season.
    Can't take anything out of it.
    And they were 2-0 after the first two games and probably would have won the series if they hadn't collapsed after game 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?! The same regular season in which we saw the spurs go 10 deep consistently. Not only that but they received great production from pretty much everyone on the team....fast forward to the playoffs, mainly when things tightened up against decent defenders. Do I need to remind you what happened??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they were 2-0 after the first two games and probably would have won the series if they hadn't collapsed after game 3.
    Yeah...and I'd probably be a lot happier person if I hit the powerball!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far our summer league big man gem is E "mothaeffin" Dawson! RC must be drooling on this!!!

Thread Information