Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm guessing you are talking about the last two seasons. He tore and ankle tendon and broke his wrist. He had real injuries...unlike Splitter...who strains calves and wrists when someone breathes on him.
    Don't understand that at all. AV is a better defender, better rebounder, good PnR finisher, and until last year, healthier by far.
    AV has played in only 69% of his games in his career and the worst 2 years were the last. That raises the injury flag for me.

Varejao may not be the most talented player, but he would fit very well with the starting lineup. Losing Splitter, though, likely makes it not worthwhile, especially if the Spurs can get Kenyon Martin.
    dont look for the Spurs to get Martin. I dont think we want him that bad. Any player we add will have to learn the Spurs system and that takes time.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's never a complete Benefactor thread until he gets mad and starts calling people gots.

"Still learning me." Pot, meet kettle.
    I don't get mad on the internets. You can off now, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AV has played in only 69% of his games in his career and the worst 2 years were the last. That raises the injury flag for me.
    He only missed 7 games in the previous three seasons...and if one is going to raise the injury flag then it's better suited to some sort of chronic thing like a knee or an ankle. The two injuries he had the past two season could easily be considered flukes. If he re-injures the ankle or the wrist I would give the argument more validity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Varejao played quite well tonight tbh.

Thread Information