Holy JDS, stop being so passive and put him out

down goes the stream

Lets go JDS put him out

Post Count
    Lets go JDS put him out
    the fight was over in the first.

0-5!!!!!

the fight was over in the first.
    Yeah... Idk what happened with JDS, he gassed in the first, was passive, low guard

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    JDS really showed no respect for Cain's hands and paid dearly for it. Props to him for showing heart and not getting KO'ed though.

Post Count
    People have just forgotten how dominant a healthy Cain is. There is no one as good as him. I love JDS but he caught Cain off guard coming off an injury with one punch.

Cain fought a beatiful tactical fight and didn't expose himself at any point. Great gameplan and awesome execution. Can't wait for JDS Cain III. I'm so stoked Cain is back in form.

MAIN (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

- Tough one to pick but I'll stick with the champ on this one

- Lauzon by sub in the 2nd

- Agree he didn't look impressive vs Okami and Lombard, but those wins had to increase his growing confidence in the MW division

- Belcher wins by TKO and gets 1 step closer finally facing Anderson

Man I'm awesome, lol

Post Count
    I think all of us honestly didn't know whether the first fight was a fluke or not.. would you say it was now?

Post Count
    I thought it was a fluke at the time. Anyone can get caught with one punch. It wasn't like JDS dominated Cain.

But I"m also a huge Cain fan so I'm biased. I do love JDS too though.

Post Count
    Cain beat the out of him! He looked like the god dam terminator in this fight. Very impressive, they will fight one more time cant wait.

I think all of us honestly didn't know whether the first fight was a fluke or not.. would you say it was now?
    No, JDS was doing well until he gassed, i think JDS underestimated Cain, why the was he fighting with his hands low???????? Just props to Cain for winning the decision

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Cain brought it, but I must say he looked a little gassed in the Championship rounds. He really is like the Terminator tho. Overeem is going to get destroyed by Cain.

Lauzon vs Miller = best fight since Shogun vs Hendo.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yeah...Cain looked like the hungry challenger and JDS looked like the fat happy champion. I'm not discounting what Cain did at all, but JDS clearly was caught off guard by Cain's relentlessness. I agree with Manny that the third fight should be awesome now that JDS has gotten to see the best Cain in the octagon.

Post Count
    No, JDS was doing well until he gassed, i think JDS underestimated Cain, why the was he fighting with his hands low???????? Just props to Cain for winning the decision

Doing well? What?

All I'm going to remember from this fight from the get go was Dos Santos backing up.. getting punched, kicked, held against the cage, and get taken down over and over..

what fight were you watching? What is "well"?

Doing well? What?

All I'm going to remember from this fight from the get go was Dos Santos backing up.. getting punched, kicked, held against the cage, and get taken down over and over..

what fight were you watching? What is "well"?
    Stuffed all Cain's tds early

Post Count
    Junior couldn't handle the pressure, all his opponents have either stood there and tried to strike with him or couldn't take him down. Tonight he saw both for the first time.

Damn, looks like I should've stuck with my first prediction... Oh we'll, I guess 2-3 is better than ace's 0-5

Damn, looks like I should've stuck with my first prediction... Oh we'll, I guess 2-3 is better than ace's 0-5

I decided to end the year with a BANG, lol, Happy New Year to the "predictability" of MMA

Dana said he heard JDS broke his jaw in 2nd round

Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez - Cain striking defense is bad, his glass jaw doesn't help, JDS via KO

Tim Boetsch vs. Constantinos Philippou- Boetsch has big wins but was dominated by Okami and he didn't look good in his "win" over Lombard. Ranked just at #25 in the MW division, Philippou is fast and extremely skilled striker, he will take advantage of Boetsch slow footwork/average striking to secure the decision.

Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami- Belcher probably has the best shot at beating Anderson Silva than anyone in the MW division but Okami strong grappling/clinch might be too much for him. Okami by decision.
    2-1

Post Count
    Stuffed all Cain's tds early
    In the first round i thought JDS was going to win with his great TDD but the pace Cain put on him really bothered him. JDS was not comfortable backing up so much. What shocked me was in the 1st when he was fresh and stuffing most of the TD's JDS never unloaded with anything heavy.. He was just popping his jab out there..
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 12-30-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Post Count
    Yeah...Cain looked like the hungry challenger and JDS looked like the fat happy champion. I'm not discounting what Cain did at all, but JDS clearly was caught off guard by Cain's relentlessness. I agree with Manny that the third fight should be awesome now that JDS has gotten to see the best Cain in the octagon.
    3rd fight should be good.. Cain probably fights Overeem next..

Thread Information