Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    per Dana - Forrest Has MCL tear and ACL strain. 20 cc's of blood removed from his knee and the saga continues at the UFC!!

Joe Lauzon vs. Jim Miller

I love this fight. Just ing love it.

Post Count
    Injuries, Injuries and more injuries.. Cards are never out of danger of getting ruined..

JDS by ko, Okami by decision.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count

I love this fight. Just ing love it.
    I couldn't agree more. That trailer just reminded me how fan- ing-tastic both of these guys are.

Post Count
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 12-18-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Post Count

Post Count
    Main card:

Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez
    Tim Boetsch vs. Constantinos Philippou
    Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami
    Chris Leben vs. Karlos Vemola

I think JDS is way overconfident and Cain is coming back very hungry and focused.

Gut feeling says, Cain wins this rematch...

Main card:

Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez - Cain is a better all-around fighter, so as long as he can avoid a JDS kill shot he should win. If he takes JDS to the ground this fight is over.
    Tim Boetsch vs. Constantinos Philippou - I don't really know why, but I just find Philippou to be annoying...
    Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami - should be an enjoyable fight
    Chris Leben vs. Karlos Vemola - Vemola isn't that good, I think Leben easily wins this one.

Post Count
    The questions on Cain's chin will forever be answered in this fight. He will have to survive some bombs from JDS to get this down consistently...

Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez - Cain striking defense is bad, his glass jaw doesn't help, JDS via KO

Tim Boetsch vs. Constantinos Philippou- Boetsch has big wins but was dominated by Okami and he didn't look good in his "win" over Lombard. Ranked just at #25 in the MW division, Philippou is fast and extremely skilled striker, he will take advantage of Boetsch slow footwork/average striking to secure the decision.

Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami- Belcher probably has the best shot at beating Anderson Silva than anyone in the MW division but Okami strong grappling/clinch might be too much for him. Okami by decision.

MAIN (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

- Tough one to pick but I'll stick with the champ on this one

- Lauzon by sub in the 2nd

- Agree he didn't look impressive vs Okami and Lombard, but those wins had to increase his growing confidence in the MW division

- Belcher wins by TKO and gets 1 step closer finally facing Anderson

Post Count

Having just rewatched the first fight, Cain is really going to have to bring his A game here. You can tell that JDS movement and counter striking is a tough style for him. JDS is also fast and a great athlete. The fight comes down to Cain enduring some punishment to get close enough to put his hands on JDS. Also both these guys annoyed me with the injury talk last time. JDS said he had a bum knee, yeah it looked really gimpy as smoothly avoided Cain's strikes and TD attempt and as he was jumping all over the Octagon after he won. And Cain said he had a bum knee as well, the same leg he used to lek kick JDS hard 3 or 4 times. I hate excuses.. Just fight..

UberJDS training in the hotel.

Cain
    Last edited by Brunodf; 12-25-2012 at 10:18 PM.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

Post Count
    Main card:

Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez

Tough to predict what's gonna happen, but it seems like fast hands of JDS always prevail and gives m advantage against every HW opponent. Plus his TTD is awesome which gives Cain even less chances to get the W. On the other hand Velasquez wants the revenge badly and he can take JDS down and he also has fast hands. IMO he can do it with his all around game. That's my wish.

Both tough elite guys with extremely open game which may give a W or a L but always with flashy style good to watch. I like both guys. But IMO a faster Lauzon gonna get it done against stronger Miller although those two men has amazing skill-set!

Tim Boetsch vs. Constantinos Philippou

I do not know who to pick. Costa is on a rise and he has brutal power in his hands. Boetsch is more stable guy with gameplan but also tough mofo with stone fists. Tim will put down Costa which earn him the victory.

Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami

I waited for Alans fight! He is good, he is crazy good! and that's gonna make him a winner vs Okami - this craziness will lead him. His game is sick and when he smells the blood he goes forward. I hope he will be the champ by the end of a next year.

Brad Pickett vs Eddie Wineland

Another fight of the night written all over this clash. get ready for the fireworks. It's gonna be exciting as !

After more consideration and thought on the fights (and a fight card change) I am going to re-do a few of my picks.

Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez - I still think that Cain is a better all-around fighter, and so as long as he can avoid a JDS kill shot he should win. However, the more I think about it, the more I don't think that he can avoid that kill shot. JDS is just a horrible matchup for Cain. JDS by KO/TKO.
    Joe Lauzon vs. Jim Miller - kind of a toss up, IMHO
    Tim Boetsch vs. Constantinos Philippou - I don't really know why, but I just find Philippou to be annoying, and Boetsch has an iron jaw.
    Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami - should be an enjoyable fight. I do think that Belcher is the better fighter, but I'm just feeling Okami in this one.
    Chris Leben vs. Derek Brunson - I've never seen Brunson fight, but he's on a two fight losing streak against nobodies. I think Leben easily wins this one.

Post Count

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    Post Count
    Man JDS looks jacked in that photo

Post Count

I am feeling this fight gonna be epic

Last fight of the year, good turnout for predictions, should be a great fight

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    definitely going to be watching.

Varner with the reverse tombstone on Melvin, great finish

I thought that was illegal in the UFC...

Thread Information