Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Who said that he would suck ass in Texas and is a grade A piece of contract ?

He's been the best 3rd baseman in baseball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A product of another Boston up.

This guy is clutch as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love for Beltre to play great and prove me wrong. the problem is that IT WON'T ING HAPPEN. I have years and years and years and years of evidence to back up my claims. You have two contract years and a bunch of rose colored glasses fanboy hopes to back up yours.

I want to hear in 2 months how great this signing is, when Beltre is hitting .240 and it's obvious he's never going to match his production in Boston. Defensively it will be an upgrade no matter what, but if we end up losing Vlad or Young's bat for this guy, the Rangers will rue the day they made this signing.

He's the Erick Dampier of baseball.

The Rangers will regret giving Beltre this contractPERIOD
    ummm....
    Still stand by everything i said. The Rangers will regret giving Beltre this contractPERIOD

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Mono ted on Tyson after Cuban let him go and Chandler proceeded to have an outstanding season and has done the same with Beltre now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False prophets!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

Beltre is having a great year but I honestly would not put him ahead of Miguel Cabrera at 3rd base.

Its not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beltre is having a great year but I honestly would not put him ahead of Miguel Cabrera at 3rd base.

Its not even close.
    Disagree...but you're welcome to your opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its not even close.
    Right now its
    Agon
    Mig
    Beltre
    Freese

but there's still a lot of games to play

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Right now its
    Agon
    Mig
    Beltre
    Freese

but there's still a lot of games to play
    David Wright and Chase Headley belong on that list too, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Wright and Chase Headley belong on that list too, tbh....
    Definitely Wright idk about Headley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad that someone has Freese high, he is a gun at 3rd

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Disagree...but you're welcome to your opinion.

Thanks. Yes it is just my opinion but there is not one offensive category that Beltre is ahead of Cabrera in.

Would call that more statistical proof than opinion. Just cause you like somebody more doesn't mean they would help your team more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Yes it is just my opinion but there is not one offensive category that Beltre is ahead of Cabrera in.

Would call that more statistical proof than opinion. Just cause you like somebody more doesn't mean they would help your team more.
    Um...just saying it's my opinion. You're welcome to agree or disagree..you disagree, and that's fine. The roll Beltre is on right now is better than any 3B in the league...and I put no 3B above him on the defensive end. You might, and that's fine, but with my team, I want Beltre on third.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um...just saying it's my opinion. You're welcome to agree or disagree..you disagree, and that's fine. The roll Beltre is on right now is better than any 3B in the league...and I put no 3B above him on the defensive end. You might, and that's fine, but with my team, I want Beltre on third.
    lol so you're just admitting you're a huge homer.

Cabrera is killing Beltre statistically, and their fielding percentage is identical.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    and I put no 3B above him on the defensive end
    Ummm.... Mike Moustakas? 10 DRS, .764 RZR, 6.3 RngR, 12.4 UZR... the only stat Beltre's better in is UZR/150, but Moustakas has better range overall and saves more runs, tbh....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cabrera certainly has a superior career, but as of right now? It's hard not to say Beltre is playing the position as well, if not better than anyone.

And let's not get ahead of ourselves for those who tried to compare Cabrera's fielding ability to Beltre... not even close.

If I had to choose between the two players for my own team... you really can't go wrong with either, and it boils down to necessity. In the case of the Rangers, I'll take Beltre, because he's not counted on to be the main guy in the lineup (not that he's incapable of being that), and his defense is incredibly welcomed (especially after having to suffer with Michael Young being garbage defensively). But if you don't have that luxury of a guy like Josh Hamilton to bat alongside, then I would probably take Cabrera.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    lol the better fielder argument

I guess Rangerfan thinks Beltre's fielding % of .968 compared to Cabrera's fielding % of .967 outweighs the fact Cabrera is a better offensive player in every single category.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol the better fielder argument

I guess Rangerfan thinks Beltre's fielding % of .968 compared to Cabrera's fielding % of .967 outweighs the fact Cabrera is a better offensive player in every single category.
    But...beltre had 3hr and a cycle in the same week.

HE'S ON A ROLL!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez...all I'm saying is I would want Beltre on my team. Different guys have different personalities which cause differences in the locker room. If you guys wouldn't want him above Cabrera or Moustakas that's ing fine. But I would. Get over yourself...not everybody is going to have the same opinion as you. The arrogance is overflowing in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cabrera is a freak - I'm a diehard Rangers fan, but I would take him over Beltre.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I understand it's just your opinion....the point is your opinions are laced with homerism.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I understand it's just your opinion....the point is your opinions are laced with homerism.
    So if a Tigers fan said that Cabrera was an equal or extremely comparable defensive player, that wouldn't be laced with homerism either?

Cabrera doesn't make a lot of mistakes or errors, but he isn't exactly a guy who consistently shows range well beyond that of average 3Bs.

In general, I'd take Cabrera over Beltre as well, but with the season he is having, as well as the streak he's been on lately, it's hard not to say he is playing as well as any 3B in the league right now.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    So if a Tigers fan said that Cabrera was an equal or extremely comparable defensive player, that wouldn't be laced with homerism either?

Cabrera doesn't make a lot of mistakes or errors, but he isn't exactly a guy who consistently shows range well beyond that of average 3Bs.

In general, I'd take Cabrera over Beltre as well, but with the season he is having, as well as the streak he's been on lately, it's hard not to say he is playing as well as any 3B in the league right now.
    I am a Tiger's fan and I would of course take Cabrera over any 3b, but let us not kid ourselves. The reason Cabrera has a comparable amount of errors and fielding pct to Beltre is because I believe Beltre actually gets to more balls than Cabrera.

So there are more potential chances for Beltre to commit and error than for Cabrera. Don't get me wrong, Cabrera has done much better than I thought he would have had 3b and I believe he will continue to improve but he sure as is not needed for his defense.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Saying Cabrera is as good a fielder as Beltre would be laced with homerism, but not nearly to the degree of homerism the opinion that Beltre's fielding advantage outweighs Cabrera's batting advantage has.

How many plays do you think Beltre has made this year that Cabrera couldn't have made? How much has that affected the Rangers' wins and losses?

Be specific.

Rangerfan's argument wreaks of, "I'm going to say beltre has really vague things that can't be quantified knowing that those things have a miniscule impact on the game."

Thread Information