Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The bubble already popped. It was over $1900 a year ago then fell down around $1500.
    No widespread news about it?

I wasn't paying attention to it, because I know it will be another place people lose money, and timing the rise and fall is difficult.

Not Koolaid_Man Homeland Security's Avatar
    My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count

I wasn't paying attention to it, because I know it will be another place people lose money, and timing the rise and fall is difficult.
    I don't speculate or play the margins in precious metals. Their use is as a hedge against inflation and holdings should be the actual metals and not certificates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I bought a half pound of gold @ $370 oz. and the stockbroker I was using at the time told me I was stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think the news here is that this is indefinite. They're just going to keep buying up mortgage backed securities until the unemployment rate comes down and they'll let inflation exceed the target 2%? Am I understanding that correct?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I bought a half pound of gold @ $370 oz. and the stockbroker I was using at the time told me I was stupid.
    Good for you. So hard to predict the future. I saw the decline starting in 1998. Wish I was wiser and bought some then. I would be selling no later than mid next year I think, but then again, I would reassess then.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    the gold bubble will pop when the US issues its brand new currency

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    the gold bubble will pop when the US issues its brand new currency
    The Chinaro?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The elitists are helping the rich get richer, one step at a time.

See what the stock market did?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for you. So hard to predict the future. I saw the decline starting in 1998. Wish I was wiser and bought some then. I would be selling no later than mid next year I think, but then again, I would reassess then.
    Did even better on 1 oz. Palladium Ballerina proofs I bought in 1990 and 1991. The USSR was hurting for dollars and they sold them at just a little over bullion price. I think I paid $225 for them. Then the USSR broke up and they became collectors items with newly rich Russians. Iv'e seen them go on e-bay for more than $2000.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Did even better on 1 oz. Palladium Ballerina proofs I bought in 1990 and 1991. The USSR was hurting for dollars and they sold them at just a little over bullion price. I think I paid $225 for them. Then the USSR broke up and they became collectors items with newly rich Russians. Iv'e seen them go on e-bay for more than $2000.
    LOL...

Awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I got this far before being disgusted:
    Right now, borrowers are paying around 3.55 percent for a 30-year fixed rate mortgage that qualifies for a government guarantee of repayment. That's down from 4.1 percent a year ago, and 5.06 percent three years ago.
    That's right, put the burden on our progeny.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the beginning of the end is starting. between this Central Bank and the going on in Europe's banks, time to buckle the belt and enjoy the ride to world financial oblivion

this is equivalent to the doctor giving the green light to unlimited amounts of morphine to a terminal cancer patient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shouldn't terminal patients have robust palliative care?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet the 2012 presidential contest may have already been decided by the Federal Reserve, which just delivered an unprecedentedly aggressive dose of money-printing stimulus with the aim of boosting stock prices and home values, elevating consumer confidence and boosting job growth via increased consumer spending. It will also boost exports. It will encourage new investment by businesses. And it will take the sting out of ongoing federal deficits and a rising national debt by holding down the government's borrowing costs.

In other words, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke -- an appointee of a Republican president, by the way -- has likely just delivered a second term to President Barack Obama.
    http://money.msn.com/investing/did-t...re-elect-obama

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most commentators I read said the Fed's buying mortages and MBS helps the banks, while lower Fed rate is allowing the banks also to profit from the bigger spread rather than lowering rates to borrowers.

Obama doesn't need the Fed's help, as Gecko and Anne are screwing themselves everytime they open their mouths.

Of course, Gecko saying he'd fire Bernanke probably doesn't endear Benanke to Gecko. I expect Gecko's replacement would be even worse embedded with supporting the financial sector.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Most commentators I read said the Fed's buying mortages and MBS helps the banks, while lower Fed rate is allowing the banks also to profit from the bigger spread rather than lowering rates to borrowers.

Obama doesn't need the Fed's help, as Gecko and Anne are screwing themselves everytime they open their mouths.

Of course, Gecko saying he'd fire Bernanke probably doesn't endear Benanke to Gecko. I expect Gecko's replacement would be even worse embedded with supporting the financial sector.
    I wonder if Romney paying a higher tax rate than boutons will offset the harmful effects of QE3 imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Boutox...did you computer get a virus and start diverting your searches to conservative websites? You damn sure didn't read that on thinkprogress or alternet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you assholes have nothing to say on the topic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry you had to wait for someone else to tell you what to think so you could cut and paste it.

Here was my off the cuff response on page one as soon as it happened...did you even read the thread?

Basically the Fed pays 100% face value for crap in bank portfolios that is actually worth pennies on the dollar. WTF? How does this help anyone but the ing banks? suckers still don't make loans. Mother ers then borrow at 0% from the Fed window and buy treasuries with a guaranteed profit spread. . Bernake sucks.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I want to see your ing tax returns Mr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see your ing tax returns Mr
    GFY, stalker.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the consensus around here is that you paid less taxes than mitt and don't get to criticize him anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew it was a big number but I didn't realize that student loan debt was larger than credit card debt.
    Yep. It's the other shoe that hasn't fallen yet tbh. Further complicating the issue is that bankruptcy does nothing to save you from it.

Thread Information