Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I answered that question a million times. You are dishonest, because you know that I don't complain in every one of my posts or threads.

If you don't believe me, search my posts. You like to do that all the time, so do it now.

No. That was after you tried to change the subject.

I'm tired of you whining. Are you going to talk about old movies or not? These stupid, whiny questions of yours are played out and irrelevant to the matter at hand.
    You really do need to grow up and learn how to talk with others. No way in will anyone want to deal with somebody who acts like you do. You have no idea how to exchange thoughts, ideas, debate. You are too busy trying to be a little punk. Until you do learn how to act don't bother me with what you show now. I have other things I'd rather do that read some smartass punk trying to argue every ing thing.

See ya~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante trolling as always, we really need to learn to ignore it

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante trolling as always, we really need to learn to ignore it
    I don't troll, I was simply treating the guy the way he treats everyone else. Could it be he was trolling?

Now if you'd like to talk old movies cool I've seen most of the old flicks. And if we talk the great actors we will always see....Marlon Brando, Spencer Tracey, Robert Mitchum, John Wayne, Henry Fonda, Boggie and other pre 1970 actors on the list.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    And there are other post-1970's actors on that list.

What is your point?

If you want to say that you liked the acting more in the 30's, 40's, and 50's, that's fine. I disagree with you, but that's fine.

But you claimed that the acting was more "realistic," which simply isn't true.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry but John Wayne was a ing actor. Clint Eastwood was far far superior. I really don't understand how John Wayne has any respect, he was in westerns and was a actor. Eastwood ftw

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry but John Wayne was a ing actor. Clint Eastwood was far far superior. I really don't understand how John Wayne has any respect, he was in westerns and was a actor. Eastwood ftw
    That's your opinion one I don't share. I think Eastwood was a actor and still is. John Wayne one of the great actors. And if you did any reasearch on just who the great actors were you'd see the Duke highly respected.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's your opinion one I don't share. I think Eastwood was a actor and still is. John Wayne one of the great actors. And if you did any reasearch on just who the great actors were you'd see the Duke highly respected.
    Eastwood a actor, fair enough I guess.... I sure hope you think he isn't a director because you'd be delusional. Research is completely irrelevant as opinions on acting is completely subjective.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eastwood a actor, fair enough I guess.... I sure hope you think he isn't a director because you'd be delusional. Research is completely irrelevant as opinions on acting is completely subjective.
    Delusional is thinking John Wayne was a actor. And you are wrong about research. You can be subjective and uninformed. I go with what those you know the subject/topic say.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Delusional is thinking John Wayne was a actor. And you are wrong about research. You can be subjective and uninformed. I go with what those you know the subject/topic say.
    In your opinion...You love to spin that angle you are always right and so high and mighty, I am not saying you're wrong I am saying that this is my opinion. Good on you for liking Wayne, I don't

But you would be delusional if you didn't respect Clint's film making

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In your opinion...You love to spin that angle you are always right and so high and mighty, I am not saying you're wrong I am saying that this is my opinion. Good on you for liking Wayne, I don't

But you would be delusional if you didn't respect Clint's film making
    You missed the point. I was actually talking about John Wayne being liked by most movie goers not just me or my opinion. His success as an actor pretty much tells us about the impact he's made, you don't make that sort of impact in Moviedom being a ty actor.

I don't know enought about film making to have an opinion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The fight scenes. HWood has come a long way.

Maybe when I finish the movie, I'll come away with a different take. But no matter how good the story is, I don't think this movie would stack up to any of the newer classics.
    Totally disagree. The storylines far outweight all the overblown FXs of todays lacking storylines.

And the actors better today? Don't see it at all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You missed the point. I was actually talking about John Wayne being liked by most movie goers not just me or my opinion. His success as an actor pretty much tells us about the impact he's made, you don't make that sort of impact in Moviedom being a ty actor.

I don't know enought about film making to have an opinion.
    A lot of music lovers like Lady Gaga, someone I do not like personally. Popular opinion does not equate to actually being good. I'm sure you agree Lady Gaga has been successful and has had an "impact", does that mean she is an amazing artist? According to your logic.. yes

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A lot of music lovers like Lady Gaga, someone I do not like personally. Popular opinion does not equate to actually being good. I'm sure you agree Lady Gaga has been successful and has had an "impact", does that mean she is an amazing artist? According to your logic.. yes
    Lady Gaga wouldn't make any...Best Artists...Lists. There are soooooooooo many far superior to her. I guarantee you have a...Best Actor...list/poll and John Wayne will be there. You disagree?

If you are a serious music afficinado you aren't going to be all that impressed with Lady Gaga, if you are some young kid...sure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lady Gaga wouldn't make any...Best Artists...Lists. There are soooooooooo many far superior to her. I guarantee you have a...Best Actor...list/poll and John Wayne will be there. You disagree?

If you are a serious music afficinado you aren't going to be all that impressed with Lady Gaga, if you are some young kid...sure.
    My point is that popularity doesn't mean . And of course he would be on a best actor list but that is completely irrelevant. I don't like him as an actor, and don't really care what lists he's on. Maybe you'll realise this soon..

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My point is that popularity doesn't mean . And of course he would be on a best actor list but that is completely irrelevant. I don't like him as an actor, and don't really care what lists he's on. Maybe you'll realise this soon..
    Couldn't be more wrong if you tried, popularity means everything if you are in show business. If you lack it nobody buys your music, nobody goes to your movies. As we know the bottom line is $$$$$$$$, trust me John Wayne made a lot of that for the studios that put out the pictures he starred in, you saw....JOHN WAYNE...on the marquee it was going to be a great movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Couldn't be more wrong if you tried, popularity means everything if you are in show business. If you lack it nobody buys your music, nobody goes to your movies. As we know the bottom line is $$$$$$$$, trust me John Wayne made a lot of that for the studios that put out the pictures he starred in, you saw....JOHN WAYNE...on the marquee it was going to be a great movie.
    Now I'm just getting chronically trolled and I know it because you see my point but lead away from it. I have said I personally don't like him, can you understand this at all? I know he has been successful etc. but I am not a big fan of him christ almighty is it that hard to understand..

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now I'm just getting chronically trolled and I know it because you see my point but lead away from it. I have said I personally don't like him, can you understand this at all? I know he has been successful etc. but I am not a big fan of him christ almighty is it that hard to understand..
    Dude, there are only a few thousand football/music/track boards I could be on right now talking football/music/track why waste my time....trolling?....are you kidding me? Do yoiu even know what trolling is? So you don't like John Wayne, ok I got that, but do you really know enought about what he's done to have an educated opinion?

Look how many times do we see ..there is a God///no there isn't...is everyone trolling there? Cool this ridiculous....I'm being trolled........come on man I'm not 14 ok? I talk, I give opinions, little kids troll...ok?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well why do you keep trying to convince me or something, I don't even know what you are trying to do. I don't like him and yes I've seen enough of his movies to have an opinion. I don't even see why you care so much. When you said you didn't like Clint, did I try and force you to like him due to educated opinions etc. No.. because it's damn hard to change one's opinion. So if you know I don't like him what are you trying to do?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well why do you keep trying to convince me or something, I don't even know what you are trying to do. I don't like him and yes I've seen enough of his movies to have an opinion. I don't even see why you care so much. When you said you didn't like Clint, did I try and force you to like him due to educated opinions etc. No.. because it's damn hard to change one's opinion. So if you know I don't like him what are you trying to do?
    I just find it strange how anyone wouldn't like John Wayne, so I had to question your knowledge of his performances. Have you really seen enought of his movies to be able to have any sort of opinion based on anything of substance? Apparently you think you have, ok ...cool.

I've seen all of Eastwoods movies except his latest one, love the movies!!!! They just don't take a great actor to pull them off.

Ok done with it.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-19-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mate, I find a lot of thing strange in life.

Regarding "old" movies have we yet put a concrete time when a movie is considered old. I really consider Bonnie and Clyde to be the start of "modern cinema"

Thoughts?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Regarding "old" movies have we yet put a concrete time when a movie is considered old. I really consider Bonnie and Clyde to be the start of "modern cinema"

Thoughts?
    I don't think we can just pick a movie or a year and say....oldies stop pre/modern cinema post. As we know Bonnie and Clyde came out around 66-68 or so. I 'd have to go back before that, I was thinking early 1960's would work. Most things changed dramatically around then.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    good thread till avante came in.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Thoughts?
    I would say it started to change when directors actually took control of their films. Probably mid 60s or so. Before Strangelove you rarely found war films that were not pro-war propaganda.

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    I would say it started to change when directors actually took control of their films. Probably mid 60s or so. Before Strangelove you rarely found war films that were not pro-war propaganda.
    Paths To Glory was one...but to be fair that was Kubrick too

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    good thread till avante came in.
    Avante or redzero?

Thread Information