Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1) You're seeing the tail end of traditional theatrical training. Method and realism would soon take over. Something like Marathon Man is a mini-study in the differences in old-school technique (Olivier) and new (Hoffman).

2) Yeah, scores got much more elaborate and specific to the plot as time went on.

3) Realism made a big advance in all aspects of film making during 50s and 60s and continued after that.
    Thank you James Lipton.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't think we can just pick a movie or a year and say....oldies stop pre/modern cinema post. As we know Bonnie and Clyde came out around 66-68 or so. I 'd have to go back before that, I was thinking early 1960's would work. Most things changed dramatically around then.
    Why do you have to make a ing list for everything anyone on here mentions? Are you OCD?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why do you have to make a ing list for everything anyone on here mentions? Are you OCD?
    Why do you care what I do? I need to run things by you first, hahahaha!!!!!!!! You that wrapped up in everyone else?

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Paths To Glory was one...but to be fair that was Kubrick too

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It's Friedkin Saturday!
    To Live And Die In LA (1985)

A bit of a e 80's trailer that doesn't do justice to this film. One of the best car-chase sequences ever, ala French Connection (another Friedkin) or Bullitt. Bomb-ass thriller.

Sorcerer (1977)
    Friedkin's masterpiece, IMO. The jungle bridge sequence is bad-ass. This is a remake of a French classic that far surpasses the original in my view.

Friedkin awesome!

Thread Information