Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Re Spurs third unis: I'm told it took some give-and-take before NBA would approve a jersey w/o name of team or city on it anywhere.
    The logo on the back has both the name of the city and team?

I know it's small but it's still there. Maybe that was the loophole they used to push it through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why no mention of Spurs' name or town on jersey top? "We wanted to do something with just that Spurs icon," team exec Rick Pych said.

Pych: "It's symbolic of the Spurs and our community, and it's become a cultural thing within the organization, what it means to be a Spur."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are going to wear them in 12 games this year. Seems like more than usual

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    needs a waistband. grey stripe down the side panels is pointless. not a fan of the color, will look like dirty rags on the court. i like the numbering though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is wearing Kobe shoes! .....

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess if people are going to saddle them with the label of 'old and boring' no matter how young and fast they play the Spurs just decided to dress the part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at them closer, they're not bad actually... I'd buy.

Philippines vs. USA team in 2012 London Olympics Duncanoypi's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like it!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boring and old. If they were dirty they'd be perfect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so they start off the vid with the Jerseys we wanted...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very different from what I expected but I liked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dig it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change is good....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad actually. Didn't like it at first glance, but the more I look, I think they are okay. My biggest complaint is the waist. I would like to see it a contrasting color tbh, maybe break it up a little bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh, not bad. I agree with the waistband though, needs something to break it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda cool but a bit too sparse. Needs one more element on the jersey to anchor it together.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fiesta kawhi
    Last edited by Juggity; 09-19-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I like it, tbh.... I'd still like to see the Spurs work in those fiesta colors to their usual unis, but this is nice as an alternate, tbh....

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might not have been bad if they had moved the Spur logo up a bit to be parallel with the number and then put TACO CABANA in black letters at the ab-line.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Re Spurs third unis: I'm told it took some give-and-take before NBA would approve a jersey w/o name of team or city on it anywhere.
    That doesn't make much sense since there is already precedent for jerseys without the team name nor the city on the front.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not what I expected, but the more and more I look at them, the more I like them. I still wish for a throwback Gervin jersey with "San Antonio" on the front. But I'll take these for now, at least we finally have an alternate jersey after all these years....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got a Spurs E-Newsletter from the Spurs on my e-mail that says the jersey will be released to the public on October 6th. If you want a replica Kawhi or Danny Green jersey before they are released to the public you have to get a "Platinum Pick 6 Ticket Package."

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rock that . It's way different than that stupid L with the Basketball the LAL bandwagon wear.

It's simple, it's Vanilla but that's the Spurs right?

Go Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Press Release:

San Antonio Spurs Unveil New Alternate Jersey
    Sleek, Modern Look to Debut at Home Opener
    Sept. 19, 2012

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs unveiled today a new alternate jersey that will be worn during the upcoming 2012-13 NBA season. The fresh look silver jerseys with black trim feature the Spurs iconic secondary logo prominently on the front. The alternate jerseys will debut at the home opener vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder on Nov. 1 and be worn during multiple home games throughout the season.

“We are introducing a new and unique Spurs jersey this coming season,” said Rick Pych, Spurs Sports & Entertainment President of Business Operations. “The new design simply features our iconic ‘spur’ logo and it is positioned over the heart as it has such enormously deep roots with our team, fans and the entire community. It’s the first-ever NBA jersey logo without any writing or peripheral design on the front of the jersey and we’re very glad to be introducing this new use of the classic icon of the Spurs to our fans.”

The new silver jersey features a distinct, modern look with the Spurs trademark alternate logo prominently featured over the heart on the front, the number resting on the right breast and black and white vertical stripes along the side panel. The familiar Spurs primary logo is represented above the number on the back of the jersey and the accompanying shorts continue the black and white striped side panel and feature a “SA” monogram logo on the left leg.

“Our traditional uniforms have a very classic look and our new jerseys are a nice alternative to keep things fresh,” said Spurs Guard Danny Green.

The new jerseys are available exclusively by purchasing a six-game “Platinum Pick 6” ticket package, which allows fans to choose games vs. either the Lakers (Jan. 9) or Heat (March 31), plus a selection of five additional games throughout the season, providing basketball fans the freedom to customize their viewing experience. Each “Platinum Pick 6” ticket package will include a replica Danny Green or Kawhi Leonard jersey. As an added bonus, the first 150 packages purchased will also receive a ticket to the Spurs preseason game against the Washington Wizards Friday, Oct. 26, as well as a post-game meet and greet with Green and Leonard for a chance to get their jerseys autographed. To purchase this ticket package, please visit spurs.com or call 210-444-5050.

The new Spurs jerseys, including authentic, swingman and replica versions, will be available at Academy Sports + Outdoors stores, the Spurs Fan Shop and NBAStore.com on Saturday, Oct. 6.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/120919...ternate_jersey

Thread Information