Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Ties among four teams

The four teams draw lots, as teams A, B, C, and D. On the first day team B plays at team A and team D plays at team C. The next day the winners of these games play each other at the ballpark of either team A or B (depending on who won the game).

according to wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_L...ing_procedures

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Cespedes with a clutch jack in the 8th...could be the difference maker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tampa is on a winning streak. Orioles are out of luck. lol

Winning 3 straight games against them will take something extra.

Yankees only have to win 2 of 3 but we all know the sweep is in order here.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Dude, I've never seen another supposed Red Sox fan who throats the Yankees the way you do. You're just regurgitating the same over and over. Have some pride and jump off the nuts of your most hated rival. "The Yankees are just too good! snarf, snarf"

If they were so good then their half-billion dollar payroll and superior rotation would be more than enough to hold off a .230-batting lineup with no true Ace in their rotation for the division.

You had similar convictions regarding the Chisox-Tigers race, and we saw how that turned out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I've never seen another supposed Red Sox fan who throats the Yankees the way you do. You're just regurgitating the same over and over. Have some pride and jump off the nuts of your most hated rival. "The Yankees are just too good! snarf, snarf"

If they were so good then their half-billion dollar payroll and superior rotation would be more than enough to hold off a .230-batting lineup with no true Ace in their rotation for the division.

You had similar convictions regarding the Chisox-Tigers race, and we saw how that turned out.
    I'm not on anybodies nuts, specially the Yankees.

I'm just being a contrarian. You're calling me a bandwagoner when you yourself jumped on the Orioles because they suddenly are in the race.

Just calling it as I see it.

And all that Yankees-Red Sox rivalry, I'm not into that bull .

EDIT:

Also check out my latest post on the Chicago-Tigers thread. I'm not just being one sided.

I could give a about either team.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'm not on anybodies nuts, specially the Yankees.
    In this thread alone:

Yankees will win the division.

Yankees are golden.
    Like I said, Oakland is the only real threat for the Yankees out of the games left.
    This is an especially good one:
    Dude, the Yankees are relentless.

Orioles might as well be happy with where they are.

Yankees are mother ers. They strike fear in your with just their presence.
    Yankees went ham. lol

The last 2 As pitchers combined to give 4 hits (1 Homer to Ibanez) and a host of wild pitches that allowed Ichiro to score and then Raul went deep to tie it.
    Back to back wins for the Yankees.
    Yankees win, Orioles split the two games.

Yankees now have a game and a half on the Orioles.
    Boston is god awful.

Yankees will sweep Boston as well, Os will lose at least 1 game to Tampa and that will be enough.
    Tampa is on a winning streak. Orioles are out of luck. lol

Winning 3 straight games against them will take something extra.

Yankees only have to win 2 of 3 but we all know the sweep is in order here.
    I made no bones about jumping the O's bandwagon... yeah I'm pulling for them since they are the local team and my team is long gone from contention. I just don't understand why it's so hard for you to say the same. You obviously live in the NYC area and have pro-Yankee sympathies. Sure, that's incredibly odd for most baseball fans who have a basic understanding of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry, but to each his own.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made no bones about jumping the O's bandwagon... yeah I'm pulling for them since they are the local team and my team is long gone from contention. I just don't understand why it's so hard for you to say the same. You obviously live in the NYC area and have pro-Yankee sympathies. Sure, that's incredibly odd for most baseball fans who have a basic understanding of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry, but to each his own.
    Those comments were made at the time of each game while being played live. lol

Are you going to sit there and nit pick everything I said?

I'm not denying that I rather have the Yankees win rather than the Orioles. Doesn't mean I want the Yankees to win the world series.

Beside the fact everyone seems to be on the Orioles bandwagon for like two minutes, I have never particularly liked them. Specially after what happened last year with them knocking the Red Sox off playoff contention.

And as far as the rivalry goes, I dont care about that.

that happened in the 20s, 30s. 40s, even the 70s have nothing to do with me. This is not a religion or a gang where I should care what the oposite side says or does.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

that happened in the 20s, 30s. 40s, even the 70s have nothing to do with me. This is not a religion or a gang where I should care what the oposite side says or does.
    You mean that happened in 2003, 2004, and the fight for the division that's been going on since 1997?

Do you also root for the Lakers when the Spurs are out? Because that's exactly what it's akin to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean that happened in 2003, 2004, and the fight for the division that's been going on since 1997?

Do you also root for the Lakers when the Spurs are out? Because that's exactly what it's akin to.
    First of all I like Baseball, I dont live it.

You really are nitpicking.

In terms of head to head is not even a compe ion so technically no rivalry there. You will obviously have personal rivals in any sports but the only reason the Yankees and Red Sox are the main rivals is because 1. the media says so and 2, because they happen to be in the same division.

Are you expecting me to take arms because some bag yankees fan says he's team is better? Sorry I'm not about that.

Would people give a if the Yankees were in another division? I think not.

Rooting for the yankees to win against an equally hated team is not far fetch.

And nope, I wouldn't root for the Lakers if the Spurs were out. I wouldn't mind if they were to win a series against a team I didn't like however. For instance the Thunder or a team that previously knocked out the Spurs.

Do I want the yankees to win a world series? No. Do I want the Lakers to win another championship? No

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It's cool man, I feel ya. When my teams are struggling i always have the Celtics, Patriots, Seminoles, and Braves to fall back on.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    It's cool man, I feel ya. When my teams are struggling i always have the Celtics, Patriots, Seminoles, and Braves to fall back on.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Its so awesome seeing the Falcons 4-0 right now. Matty Ice is the truth!

I'm hoping the Cards can win back-to-back WS!!

Hornets really don't have a rivalry so I can't use them in this analogy

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

Real talk, though...Are the Cards your most hated team because of in-state rivalry? The '85 WS is one of the most underrated ever, especially Game 6. Just so happens to be overshadowed by the crazy '86 series. What team do ya'll hate the most in your own division?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

Real talk, though...Are the Cards your most hated team because of in-state rivalry? The '85 WS is one of the most underrated ever, especially Game 6. Just so happens to be overshadowed by the crazy '86 series. What team do ya'll hate the most in your own division?
    The Cards are hated, but I hate em a little less since LaRussa and Pujols are gone.

In the 80s, the Yankees were hated due to the rivalry in the late 70s. Still watch George Brett's upper deck home run against Goose in the 1980 ALCS. That was a great rivalry. The Royals spent as much as the Yankees did back then.

In the division, the Twins and White Sox are the two least favorites now. Hate the Twins even though not as much since they suck now. Always hate the White Sox. I hated the Indians in the 90s when they were damn good with Belle, Lofton, Manny, and company.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    the O's manage only 2 hits off Shields but still win. O's only had 29 plate appearances.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Wow. Tie game. I thought the Sox would screw the Yankees out of the division, but they still need to catch the Marlins in losses.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Of course

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Jeter double. This one looks done.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Bailey is a worthless human being.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Sox lose 3-4 in a game with playoff implications.

Heard of this before?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Hopefully the ricer has one good game left in him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the ricer has one good game left in him
    Not.

Talk about your worthless sack of pitcher.

That got is shot. Send him back to ing japan or something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yankees win their division.

Thread Information