Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By Adam Smeltz
    Knight Ridder Newspapers

NEW YORK - Young Republicans gathered here for their party's national convention are united in applauding the war in Iraq, supporting the U.S. troops there and calling the U.S. mission a noble cause.

But there's no such unanimity when they're asked a more personal question: Would you be willing to put on the uniform and go to fight in Iraq?

In more than a dozen interviews, Republicans in their teens and 20s offered a range of answers. Some have friends in the military in Iraq and are considering enlisting; others said they can better support the war by working politically in the United States; and still others said they think the military doesn't need them because the U.S. presence in Iraq is sufficient.

"Frankly, I want to be a politician. I'd like to survive to see that," said Vivian Lee, 17, a war supporter visiting the convention from Los Angeles,
    Real Cities

Young Vivian appears to be a perfect example of the Republican philosophy surrounding the culture of life - no one's life is as valuable as their own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres nothing i hate more than young "republicans" who dont know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be nice to them Dan.... you kids will be working for them one day....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your link didn't work and where is the rest of the article... you are the king of cutting and pasting parts of stories to fit your cause..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be nice to them Dan.... you kids will be working for them one day....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    be nice to them because they all drive tahoes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have never anyone use the word tahoe more than mookie... it cracks me up... everything is about someone's tahoe...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes
    thank you for the cred, someone noticed
    i ing hate tahoes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tahoes yukons escalades

i can actually see why someone would need a suburban so i wont group them in there

1. they are ugly
    2. they are slow
    3. they are overpriced
    4. the VAST majority of people with W04 stickers drive them
    5. everyone has one
    6. they guzzle gas
    7. people never use them for utility at all
    8. people will ALWAYS stick up for them on this site because someone they know or themselves own one (which is why its so funny when i scoff them)
    9. people love to say tahoe
    10. standard OnStar*

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By Adam Smeltz
    Knight Ridder Newspapers

Real Cities

Young Vivian appears to be a perfect example of the Republican philosophy surrounding the culture of life - no one's life is as valuable as their own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you see a W 04 sticker on a vehicle, chances are its a ing Tahoe

I LOVE these rich upper class young kids whose parents have brainwashed them into being Republican just for the sake of being Republican.

Its like....well why dont you join up if you're so loyal and supportive of the United States NOBLE cause?????

Oh, join the armed forces? oh no no no, thats not for me, thats for the lower class people that people like us take advantage of. No no, not me. Excuse me, I need to wash my Tahoe.

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excuse me, I need to wash my Tahoe
    I think you meant, "Excuse me, I need to take my Tahoe to <insert name of liberal poster>'s to get it detailed."

I personally agree with you. I don't see the reason a 5'-1" woman needs to drive around solo in a 1000 cu ft. vehicle. Mostly I see women driving them. Solution: don't let women drive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I personally agree with you. I don't see the reason a 5'-1" woman needs to drive around solo in a 1000 cu ft. vehicle. Mostly I see women driving them. Solution: don't let women drive.

LOL!!! omg swc bonfire you hit the nail right on the head!

over half of all tahoes are small 20's-50's females wearing sunglasses who ed to their husbands constantly to give them a tahoe so they'd feel "safe on the road"

LOL!!! its like they have to make themselves feel big and important by being so high up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, we're in agreement on something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats like the LOL of the year

anyway cbf knows i hate tahoes
    people love saying tahoe, theres nothing they like more than to tell someone "oh, its in my tahoe" or "we'll take the tahoe"
    tahoe tahoe tahoe yukon tahoe tahoe
    people love that , because they are stupid and more people owning tahoes only makes more people buy tahoes, its a never ending cycle of conformity and conservative stupidity

and why do all yall conservatives always refer to to liberals as rich and elitist and then always say that we'll be serving yalls kids hamburgers are detailing tahoes or working for them
    two of these examples are on this page
    yall cant have it both ways bas s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and why do all yall conservatives always refer to to liberals as rich and elitist and then always say that we'll be serving yalls kids hamburgers are detailing tahoes or working for them
    two of these examples are on this page
    yall cant have it both ways bas s
    It's called good-natured joking. Try it sometime.

I don't understand the SUV thing... you could buy a friggin' Cadillac for the cost of those things. And the amount of truck chassis used to make them drives up the cost of pickups. It costs $35,000 now to get a no-frills 4x4 diesel work truck... I won't be buying a new one anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cool bonfire
    i actually agree with a lot of things you say
    even some politics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a tahoe is safer than a honda civic. i'd rather my family be in the safest vehicle that i can afford... i have an suv, but it's not a tahoe...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, why is it okay for all the rappers you worship to drive Escalades with spinning rims and soundsystems that have enough power to run a small city?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a tahoe is not safer than civic, theres been thousands and thousands of tests on this , if they were believe me GM would let us know about it.
    thats another reason is when people say they "feel" safer, but youve got millions of tahoes/suburbans/yukons/escalades on the road and im sure they often hit and kill eachother

i dont worship any rappers but when they buy escalades i dont really care, you can only drive one car at a time and they have like 20 already. they want to be seen as rich pompous ers who blow their money, which i dont really agree with, but cant really do about but scoff them.

if any white mom in stoneoak with a W04 sticker riding alone talking on a cell phone, drifting into my lane drops an album such as wu tang clan- 36 chambers, cypress hill- III temples of boom, or notorious big- ready to die they can all drive sbc centers for all i care

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way in a civic is safer than a tahoe! haha... whatever...

oh...i see, you could care less when rappers buy huge suvs, but your panties get all bunched up when white people do it... i see....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read dude

1. i didnt say a civic was safer than tahoe
    2. i said the only thing i could do was scoff them, which is exactly what i do to white women driving the same vehicle

CBF or elpimpo knows this, when i see a rapper on a video or showing off their , ill say "dam why wouldnt you just get an M5"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you said, "a tahoe is not safer than a civic." so, that would mean you must believe the civic is safer than the tahoe...yes no?

also, a study was done showing large and medium sized suvs crashing into the small pseudo-suvs and cars... in side crashes where the suv crashed into the passenger or drivers side door...the front of the suv would totally bash in the smaller cars and hit the drivers/passengers directly in the head.. that would not happen the other way around..

no way in will i ever think a small plastic car is safer than a large suv...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if your big bad rappers drove up in a hybrid you wouldn't think they were so cool... well, maybe if he had spinning rims you would... i don't know...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i said a tahoes not safer than a civic, they just by chance probably arent the exactly the same in safety but you cant just say ones safer than the other especially when suvs have notoriously high roll over rates
    what happens when the trend is over and 90% of people really do own tahoes/yukons/suburbans/escalades how is that safer, in order to reach that % youd only have to go in the future like 20 years
    how many people owned large american trucklike SUVS in 1985

Thread Information