Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If disenfranchisement means making sure the process is correct, then yes.

If that is your definition, then yes.
    So you don't know what disenfranchisement means.

Good to know the level of the room.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Maybe we aren't arguing the same thing. Ever think of that?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we aren't arguing the same thing. Ever think of that?
    I always allow for the possibility you have no idea what you're talking about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Virginia Voter Fraud Case Expands To Focus On GOP Firm Strategic Allied Consulting

The investigation into the arrest of a man on charges of dumping voter registration forms last month in Harrisonburg, Va., has widened, with state officials probing whether a company tied to top Republican leaders had engaged in voter registration fraud in the key battleground state, according to two persons close to the case.

A former employee of Strategic Allied Consulting, a contractor for the Republican Party of Virginia, had been scheduled to appear last Tuesday before a grand jury after he was charged with tossing completed registration forms into a recycling bin. But state prosecutors canceled Colin Small’s grand jury testimony to gather more information, with their focus expanding to the firm that had employed Small, which is led by longtime GOP operative Nathan Sproul.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...a24_story.html

Where are all the voter fraud/miscount/disenfranchisement stories by Dems?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats Sue to Extend Florida's Early Voting

In a state where legal action often goes hand in hand with presidential elections, the Florida Democratic Party filed a federal lawsuit early Sunday to force the state government to extend early voting hours in South Florida.

The lawsuit followed a stream of complaints from voters who sometimes waited nearly seven hours to vote or who did not vote at all because they could not wait for hours to do so.
    Shortly after the lawsuit was filed, local election supervisors in Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties, where queues sometimes snaked out the door and around buildings, said they would allow voters to request and cast absentee ballots on Sunday. Voters in three other Florida counties also will be able to pick up and drop off absentee ballots. State election law permits election offices to receive absentee ballots through Tuesday so long as they are cast in person.

But later on Sunday, Miami-Dade's county election supervisor closed down the line for absentee ballots at its Doral office after two hours because too many people showed up.
    In a separate Democratic Party lawsuit in Orange County, where Orlando is, a judge there extended early voting on Sunday after a polling station in the Winter Park library was forced to shut down over a su ious package. The extra hours are being offered at only one polling station.

In its federal lawsuit, filed in court in Miami, Democrats argued that an emergency order was needed to "extend voting opportunities" before Tuesday in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. It also urged that voters be allowed to cast absentee ballots in person in the counties' main election offices. The three counties are home to about 32 percent of the state's registered voters.
    With Election Day a mere two days away, a judge will have little time to act in the case.

The lawsuit states that the three counties have "inadequate polling facilities" and have failed to meet the need of voters. Some voters faced "prohibitively long" lines and didn't finish voting until early Sunday morning.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/11/04...oting.xml?f=19

One election official did extend voting hours, but it's in a heavily Repug/Cuban area. The official refused to extend voting hours in heavily Dem districts.

stand in line 6 hours to vote? America is so ed up by the Repugs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why The Lines Are So Long In Florida And Ohio

There have been massive lines this weekend in the key swing states of Florida and Ohio, with some voters waiting six hours or more to cast their ballot.

This is not an accident. In Ohio, after attempting to cancel weekend early voting all together, Secretary of State Jon Husted (R) drastically rolled back early voting hours.

In Florida, Gov. Rick Scott (R) reduced the number of early voting days from 14 to 8.

Many other pics here:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...rida-and-ohio/

all Repugs. They up everybody and everything for politics.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    This affects republican voters too you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to the same degree it doesn't. This has already been discussed several times. I would say you should pay attention but it apparently is beyond your intellect to do so.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Fuzzy.

I found a new Avatar for you:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hourly (poor,Dem) workers vote early in greater numbers, can't get time off to vote Tuesday, so that's why Repugs restrict early voting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it does.

Just not as much as it affects Democrats from what I am given to understand.

Why do you think would Republican politicians push to limit early voting?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An election official in Miami-Dade extended early voting hours this weekend in heavily Repug/Cuban precincts, but did not in heavily Dem precincts.

So WC, GFY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An election official in Miami-Dade extended early voting hours this weekend in heavily Repug/Cuban precincts, but did not in heavily Dem precincts.

So WC, GFY.
    Link?

I would like to see a map, and some proof of this. If true it would be the kind of smoking gun bit of evidence that would be more than a bit useful, if the guy was truly that stupid and blatant about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link?

I would like to see a map, and some proof of this. If true it would be the kind of smoking gun bit of evidence that would be more than a bit useful, if the guy was truly that stupid and blatant about it.
    aka, "we need more study (then we will ignore it)"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida Republicans impinging on right to vote, say Democrats

Florida Democrats have accused the swing state's Republican leadership of impinging on the fundamental rights of Americans amid growing voter anger at lengthy queues to vote, the shutting down of early voting and chaos in Miami over absentee ballots.

The state's Democratic party filed a lawsuit on Sunday to keep polling places open until election day as the Republicans stood accused of attempting to disenfranchise its opponents with new limits on early voting that contributed to waits of more than seven hours to cast ballots in Democratic strongholds such as Miami.

The Miami-Dade elections headquarters shut it doors on Sunday to people attempting to request absentee ballots because so many people showed up. Outside, would-be voters protested, shouting: "Let us vote".

Myrna Peralta, who waited with her four-year-old grandson for nearly two hours before being turned away, told the Miami Herald: "This is America, not a third-world country … They're not letting people vote."

After the outcry spread over social media, the department opened its doors again later in the afternoon. But the incident reflected deepening frustration at what are widely seen as Republican attempts to manipulate the election.

Long queues over the past week for early voting reflected a record turnout to vote early in Florida, with about 4 million people casting their ballots in advance of election day proper on Tuesday, as well as the longest ballot paper in the state's history, including complicated cons utional amendments.

But Democrats said they were also caused by Republican legislation sharply cutting the number of days for early voting from 14 to eight. That included scrapping voting on the final Sunday before election day, when large numbers of African Americans traditionally went to the polls after church.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...vote-democrats

Rick Scott's corporate life was remarkable for the $Bs in fines his company paid for defrauding Medicare/Medicaid. He of course got away Scott free. ing Repug asshole s bags, every one of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McCain Strategist Admits Voter Fraud ‘Doesn’t Really Exist’

SCHIMDT: I think that one of the things you always want to be for whether you’re a Democrat or Republican, you want everyone who is eligible to vote to vote. That’s how you want to win elections. I think that all of this stuff that has transpired over the last two years is in search of a solution to a problem, voting fraud, that doesn’t really exist when you look deeply at the question. It’s part of the mythology now in the Republican Party that there’s widespread voter fraud across the country. In fact, there’s not. Both sides are lawyered up to the nth degree and they’ll all posture back and forth on it but it probably won’t come down to lawyers.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...-really-exist/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will see if I can find a link, but it wasn't "early voting", they decided to allow in-person absentee ballots to be filled out on Sunday.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/0...pe=html_module

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aka, "we need more study (then we will ignore it)"
    IF you can show a map of the area, with Democratic/Republican mixes clearly shown, then put the same map up, showing a Republican official shutting down early voting in Democratic areas, but holding it open in Republican areas, that would be pretty conclusive, and hard to ignore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PA racist tea baggers intimidating black precincts.

The Pittsburgh Tea Party Movement conducted this training, on behalf of the Republican Party, as part of its program to combat alleged voter fraud in Allegheny County.

We understand the Republican Party has targeted approximately 111, out of a total 1,319 precincts, in that county.

The partial list, which is attached hereto as Exhibit A, includes 59 of the total 111 precincts targeted by the Republican Party. We are unaware of any history of voter fraud at any of these 59 locations.

We are concerned that these locations are being targeted for impermissible, racially-motivated reasons.

A comparison of the 59 Republican Party targeted precincts to the other precincts in Allegheny County reveals that the targeted precincts disproportionately contain African-American voters. Specifically, the targeted precincts are over 79% African-American. By contrast, the nontargeted precincts contain, on average, less than 11% African-American registered voters

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...can-precincts/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will see if I can find a link, but it wasn't "early voting", they decided to allow in-person absentee ballots to be filled out on Sunday.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/0...pe=html_module
    The Republican Governor limited early voting so some counties found a workaround and instead allowed in person absentee ballot collection on Sunday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Republican Governor limited early voting so some counties found a workaround and instead allowed in person absentee ballot collection on Sunday.
    I was just providing info, but from what the others say (in this thread) it seems that only the republican leaning districts were able to do this.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Why do you think would Republican politicians push to limit early voting?
    Cost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Early Voting Prevented Ohioans From Choosing Between Their Paycheck And Their Vote

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...-early-voting/

Asshole Repug disenfranchisement, plain and simple. Restricting early voting and restricting voting capacity is a poll tax, with people losing money to vote. I'm sure there are plenty of head employers who threaten or fire their low-paid, hourly employees in ty but badly needed jobs for taking time off work to vote.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-06-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Thread Information